Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Honestly if he's on an NFL roster week 1 it wouldn't surprise me if a team ran gimmick plays to try to get him a TD. If you're in a bad position streaming TEs he might be worth a stupid gamble for a stupid position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

I'd do this. Email is .

You deserve a good league. Are you leaving the one that tried to dick you over?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I feel like I've been trying to get used to Sleeper for a long time but I still struggle to find things and it still runs really slowly on my phone as well. It's got some great features and I like that the dev team genuinely cares about their platform, unlike ESPN that only removes features nowadays and never adds anything interesting. If it's a casual office league, ESPN by far has the lowest barrier to entry and I don't know that I would suggest Sleeper to coworkers.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm extremely excited to nominate Pitts in my auction draft early so all the too-clever players bid him up and I get a Bob Tonyan or a Mike Gesicki for max $2

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spoeank posted:

This is probably David Chao he's such a loving try hard

He's also absolutely bonkers

https://deadspin.com/the-chargers-doctor-is-a-drunk-quack-why-havent-they-466685771

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kalensc posted:

Are there any last-minute "casual" leagues forming that have a spot open? I looked at other threads and the past few pages of this one but it seemed like they've all filled up and/or already drafted.

Many thanks, and good luck to you all in your keeper/money leagues. :thurman:

We have one spot left for a casual auction league that's drafting Friday at 8:30 eastern if you are interested and can make it. It's on Sleeper.

We are not allowing autodrafting though since it's intended to help out some folks who haven't done auction before but are interested.

Poque fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 30, 2021

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CocoaNuts posted:

Did you all know that Russell Wilson has never missed a game in his NFL career? I just bumped into that fact this morning and it elicited a "Holy loving poo poo!"

idk he seems to have taken the back half of the last two seasons off

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Just trade him by week 9 and you are guaranteed to win that trade.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Drunk Nerds posted:

We got a cool goon to fill the spot, but now we need another.
https://sleeper.app/i/V5q1M3gDA863

It's free: If you've always wanted to discover auction, this is the perfect place to do it.
1 QB

We filled this slot, appreciate the step-in and also the other interest!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Doppelganger posted:

Just finished drafting in my 0.5ppr money league, please tell me what you think! I drafted 9/10.

1 (9). Ezekiel Elliott
2 (12). Tyreek Hill
3 (29). Allen Robinson
4 (32). David Montgomery
5 (49). Julio Jones
6 (52). Gus Edwards
7 (69). Dak Prescott
8 (72). Mike Davis
9 (89). Marquise Brown
10 (92). Curtis Samuel
11 (109). Ronald Jones
12 (112). Tyler Higbee
13 (129). Tua Tagovailoa
14 (132). Rams D/ST
15 (149). Younghoe Koo
16 (152). Rob Gronkowski

this team fucks, nice work

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

VietCampo posted:

Latavius Murray is probably worth grabbing just in case he gets signed by the Ravens right?

No

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Njoku has never been and will never be fantasy relevant

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I dunno he literally just turned 25. Dude came into the league at 20 as a super raw project. Could see him hit the TE5 range but I'm not calling that shot.

Pick him up in dynasty coward

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I nuts for wanting to drop the Packers D for the Cardinals?

Not remotely

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I formally rescind all coward claims against ChesNeckbeard.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Oh cool an "everything" designation

:same:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Hot Diggity! posted:

In dynasty I just got offered:

Me - Allen Robinson

Him - CEH and a 2nd

The dude is likely to be close to last due to injuries already. His QBs are also rookies and trash. I feel like I should mash accept? I have Jefferson and Woods still at WR so it's not like I'm thin there.

why does he get a 2nd and the better dynasty option? Dunno how much ARob offers you.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Hot Diggity! posted:

Sorry, he's offering me CEH and a second

Lol mash

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is Schultz the actual starter? Jarwin is there too and there are a ton of other mouths to feed. I don't know what the actual situation is there.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Schultz is absolutely worth a flyer, I agree there. I was still thinking more in terms of trade value where, despite early successes, he's still in the amorphous tight end blob that could finish anywhere between like TE3 and TE16.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Quiet Feet posted:

Ridley and Gage both out.

Cordarelle Patterson 20 carry 17 target game inc.

my lord he's gonna absolutely flatten the Jets.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hunt is also questionable so don't get too ahead of yourselves

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Please do not start a backup Bears RB against Tampa.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Unfortunately if your week depends on Alex Collins then the only one loving you is you

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

surf rock posted:

edit: Sorry, is that "mash the accept button?" I'm extremely dumb.

yes

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Quiet Feet posted:

Hell same.

That reminds me, FedEx supposedly delivered my Gardner Minshew jersey today I gotta check the front porch.

Edit: Anyone in the the Tim Tebow TE Transformation league with me already knows but... I was not joking.

:swoon:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Quiet Feet posted:

Why is Lamar always sick and pooping?

Fantasy Football 2021: Why is Lamar always sick and pooping?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Vargo posted:

I don't know who the gently caress "Burr" is, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIaAvoQAZAU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

BigFactory posted:

My entire team is Sunday at 1 this week, other than 1 Thursday night player. It will be weird not having stakes in the Sunday night or Monday game.

if your opponent does, then you have stakes

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
please show me all your matchups where somebody has both Ekeler and Taylor. thank you in advance

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spermy Smurf posted:

Dalvin Cook might be back for the fantasy championship and week before.

But do you trust the dude to get normal snap count if that happens?

He got 29 carries the week he came back from his ankle injury.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I have already dropped all my non-dynasty shares of Henry. If he comes back it's going to be way late and a desperation fantasy play - more likely that the team is in a position to rest him based on division seeding then anyway

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Always full-team trade

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sataere posted:

Yeah this is where I stand. I will try to beat someone, but I don't think you should gently caress with someone else's money. I think waiting until waivers clear is a solid compromise. I'll still try my best to win, but let the guys in the running get first say.

If you aren't putting your best lineup in every week then you're loving with somebody since you're making it easier for your opponent to get a win

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

pmchem posted:

rank these WRs and DSTs for a week _15_ stash in PPR:

Julio Jones @ PIT
Amon-Ra St Brown vs ARI
AJ Green @ DET

CLE vs LV
KC @ LAC
DEN vs CIN
GBP @ BAL

trying to figure what to do with my bottom couple of roster slots for a team locked into the wildcard

I'd go in that exact order for defenses with a STRONG preference to Cleveland. Flip Julio and Amon-Ra for WRs but none of those three are particularly juicy unless there's confirmation that Julio's role will return at all.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spermy Smurf posted:

^^^ Agreed on keeping rhamode at all costs.

Can I pile on here?

Pick two:
Adam Thielen
Juju
Robert woods
Antonio Brown
Sterling shepherd (quad)
Jakobi Meyers (bye)

I am going to have to call up Gabe Davis and KJ Osborne because I have to play 2 wrs.

lol. At least Osborn has a huge chunk of targets to take from Thielen.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

dy. posted:

I was thinking about doing a a guillotine league but don't like the idea of complete elimination so I came up with this overly complicated setup. Would love to hear some feedback or ways in which it wouldn't work.
  • Teams start with $100 in FAAB and have shallow benches. Traditional roster setup.
  • Like a guillotine league, each week the lowest-scoring N number of teams (where N is the week number) are disbanded and lose all FAAB; they must drop their entire roster. However, the team is not eliminated; they can rebuild from free agency and eventually waivers.
  • Each week, every team gets $10 in FAAB for each team they outscore (or maybe $10*N instead).
  • Before the games start each week, teams can 1:1 convert any amount of FAAB to victory points. Any FAAB converted in this way is lost forever.
  • The team with the most victory points at the end of the season wins.
This creates the ability for eliminated owners to continue and build a competitive team through free agency/waivers. It also creates a risk/reward system for banking FAAB into victory points; you can keep it to build the best team but risk losing it all from an unlucky week, or play it safe and bank but lose out on free agents.

Not sure I totally get it but I'd be down for a super weird league like this haha

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spermy Smurf posted:

Mike Williams is just a close contact so maybe he fan play.

Keenan Allen on the other hand...

MWill is unvaccinated so I believe he is out Sunday regardless. If he's positive then he also misses next week.

Keenan Allen, on the other hand, is vaccinated. He can play with negative tests.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Oh that's good. Hope they all can play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Let me set the lineup