Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

So I haven’t watched wrestling in a few years. I think the last stuff I can remember was the very beginning of Firefly Funhouse Bray, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but where are all the cool guys? AJ? Shinsuke? Not that I’d put him in that group but where’s Ziggler and Orton? Have they all just been off for a year?

Austin Theory is a nerd and sucks and John Cena looked like an old man. Why is Ricochet tagging instead of doing sick bumps?

Styles broke his ankle at a house show hours before 2023 started, Orton's still recovering from back surgery from a year ago, Dolph and Shinsuke are healthy but with nothing to do, nobody likes Theory, Cena's too good for this poo poo anymore, and Ricochet sucked up to the company so intensely and so frequently after signing with them that this is his eternal punishment for it (fun fact: it's also apparently the most he's been booked on the main roster at all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hey SRS that's Dave's gimmick

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Pam will come out in AEW to a Mikey Rukus cover of Panama

Pamela!

Pamela-ah!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ronda at it again with the Octogenarian mistake.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lmao

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/BrokenOptics/status/1643166116640968704

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
adrenaline
in the ring
haitch is out
vince reigns supreme

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Wow, Pam is savage.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

This owns so much, you got what you wanted cody!

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Kennel posted:

Wow, Pam is savage.

ooooh yeaaah the macho Pam

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

my god someone goldmine the drat thread already!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I don't hate Cody and never will but I have to question why he thought the risk was worth it vs remaining a respected EVP/coach/mentor who could have easily gone heel and then done a face turn later in AEW. If you aren't Roman/Brock/Sheamus then your safety is not guaranteed and never will until Vince is dead in the ground

i get it but im sad it hasnt worked out for him so far. maybe next year it will happen. i probably wont stick around to find out. give me 6 star workrate forbidden door dream matches with no story line or build thank you very much

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Vince Sr. was super into orange juice and talking like Bing Crosby.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
People Vince defeated to get to this point:

-his own father and the old school gang of carny promoters
-the territories in their entirety
-the federal government
-Billionaire Ted
-his own daughter and son-in-law

Also I'm assuming he prevented Japan and Mexico from ever gaining a foothold in the American market, he was never threatened by TNA, and the only consequence of AEW's rise is that Vince is more powerful than ever.

This guy.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

You could do such a great Succession style show on the WWE from even just the past 3 years

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dacap posted:

You could do such a great Succession style show on the WWE from even just the past 3 years

That's pretty much just Succession with news replaced with wrestling.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Seams posted:

It's funny that between he, the Bucks and Omega it was always Cody who was the most vocally anti-fed. And it made sense. He had been there for years, seen how awful it is, been treated as a joke etc etc. And then he went back lol.

Money is a hell of a drug

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

posts are always funnier when wwe is lovely so im glad vince is back

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

lmao god bless whoever threw that rubber chicken

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

flashy_mcflash posted:

That's pretty much just Succession with news replaced with wrestling.

I'd watch

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The wrestlers really seemed to like the stability that HHH brought to the main roster, especially after the chaos of Vince tearing up scripts and re-writing the show as its going on. Not surprising that after having a steady hand on the rudder (In the sense that the booking was marginally more consistent and people knew what the plan was), some people would just rather just leave.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Ratings are up for Cody being clowned on. This will happen every week now

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Akileese posted:

The wrestlers really seemed to like the stability that HHH brought to the main roster, especially after the chaos of Vince tearing up scripts and re-writing the show as its going on. Not surprising that after having a steady hand on the rudder (In the sense that the booking was marginally more consistent and people knew what the plan was), some people would just rather just leave.

Assuming the Cody stuff is really Vince, it's not a surprise at all. WM was one bad thing, but they didn't even give him a good promo against Roman before punking him to Brock. That they've purposely squandered one of their hottest acts in years for no apparent benefit doesn't bode well for anyone except the Bloodline.

Heck, it doesn't even make sense for Brock to attack him. If anything he should want Cody to have the title in order to win it from him.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

so was that the last Shane-O-Mac appearance ever, we think?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

D.N. Nation posted:

Doubt it!

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
https://twitter.com/rachelmillman/status/1643397866570895360

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I love how the 'reports' are always a couple of wrestlers (one high up the card)

nobody ever actually leaves they just sign for more money after making a few vague tweets that they might

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Eat My Fuc posted:

Well. I finally know who the gently caress Pam is.

Leave Bayley alone!

Boy that is an unfortunate shirt when wrinkled and viewed from a distance.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

D.N. Nation posted:

He'll be back for his Hall of Fame induction if nothing else.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

NienNunb posted:

They should open another good wrestling company to take in guys that wouldn’t work in AEW.

Impact is right here.

They could be good with more roster additions.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Tato posted:

For the next part of his story arc Cody needs to get fat. We haven't had a fat Cody yet.

bobby lashley fat and depressed redemption angle is unironically one of the best 'never happened' angles of all time and i desperately, desperately need someone to do it. bobby lashley was a genius for that.

bartok
May 10, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

Impact is right here.

They could be good with more roster additions.

The only time I ever enjoyed Bobby Lashley was in Impact.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

let bobby eat the cheeseburgers

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Orange Carlisle posted:

I love how the 'reports' are always a couple of wrestlers (one high up the card)

nobody ever actually leaves they just sign for more money after making a few vague tweets that they might

It's interesting that this happens around the time they are set to sign again. Also totally weird how the wrestling journos suddenly having specific details

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

They should make a new WrestleMania: The Arcade Game where beating up Cody causes him to bleed rubber chickens.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lol when you hit em they pop out of em like sonic coins and make a bunch of chicken noises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Optimist with doubt posted:

Also totally weird how the wrestling journos suddenly having specific details

vince is pretty suddenly back, checks out to me