Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Whatever happened to Dale Gas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Kunabomber posted:

lol i just remembered that the fiend/alexa bliss thing started from the feud between braun strowman and the fiend, and the fiend turned her to get to strowman for the universal championship

strowman threw alexa down to try to kill her and turned heel?

then tried to be king of raw underground and fought with dabba kato i think?

then choo choo motherfucker
It started embarrassingly earlier than that, because Alex/Stroman were part of the Mixed Match Challenge, and Stroman's feud with Bray Wyatt had him seeing visions of Alexa Bliss. Nothing makes sense after that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

El Generico posted:

Was any of it funny bad? Should I watch the Fiend match for B-movie like humour value?
Orton/Fiend is forever etched in history on a box-like structure.

Other than that, no. Unless you're a masochist who wants to see Roman pin Daniel Bryan and Edge at the same time in what was almost a really good match.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Evil Badman posted:

I absolutely do not get the Asuka/Rhea match hate. It didn't have anything glaringly terrible in and the right person won for the lead in they gave it.
I like Asuka and Rhea but they've both had much better matches in NXT which made their WM match fall flat. I didn't hate it, I'm just disappointed. Not in them just in the WWE.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rarity posted:

Can we get a picture of the box like structure? And what did a Nigerian Drum Pit match turn out to be?
The box like structure was a giant jack in the box, so it was literally a box. And the Nigerian Drum Pit Match was just a bunch of kendo sticks for whatever reason.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I talked about how bad the Rhea/Asuka match was from last night, but only just now found a small video clip of how bad it got at parts.

https://twitter.com/wrestlemandy69/status/1381984065952317444

Rhea was struggling so goddamn hard to pick her up to the point where Asuka had to step in and help. Just for what seemed to be the crucifix bomb/pin(?) to end up turning into a botch as well.
Rhea has the following going against her:

*Main roster exposure. If you flub a spot, you're expected to go back to it because you can't improvise on the main roster, and you got to rehearse in NXT.
*Possible COVID exposure, which is the same reason why great wrestlers have looked like poo poo. AEW wrestlers admit that they had it, you only hear about it from WWE wrestlers because of third parties.
*The fact that she hasn't had more than 4 matches a week since Feubrary 2020, still a relative rookie, and most months she only had one or two matches. There are no house shows.

Blame the WWE, not the performers either way

e: Beaten to the point, whatever Rhea's reason for being gassed was it's because she has to follow the script that it looked so sloppy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

imagine falling for something that kota ibushi didn't
Ibushi turned down his first NJPW contract to do Kaiju Big Battel, I don't think he.....thinks.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

During the NXT Takeover I asked if Samoa Joe had suddenly gotten demoted because he was doing a backstage interview and I guess I was more right than I realized

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Orange Carlisle posted:

One of the most unfortunate parts of WWE mass releases is the stream of "I'm so thankful for my time at WWE they made my dreams come true - now on to the next adventure!" social media posts

Like I absolutely get not burning bridges on your way out, that makes sense - but bootlicking an awful company one more time after they just fired you during record profits.. have some self respect lol
It's an extension to the saying "Never meet your heroes"

You get to the WWE and realize it's not the Neverland you thought it was when you were a kid. It's full of bitter, spiteful people in management who will make you miserable just for getting over the wrong way.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

I wonder if anyone laughs to the person giving the firing phone call, I know I would.
Patrice O'Neil. Stephanie fired him and he laughed it off. She called him again to make sure he knew he was fired, and he just laughed harder.

e: beaten, I should check replies first

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chris Hero and the Authors of Pain still haven't showed up anywhere so far. Andrade was supposed to have been freed without a non-compete clause, I get the impression that people are only getting released again because Vince knows it's harder to travel internationally or for indies to run shows now.

My selfish wish is that the unsigned 2020/2021 releases go to CyberFight. Hero, Joe, and AoP would be awesome in NOAH and The Iiconics would be awesome in TJPW, Bo Dallas would be great in Gabare Pro.

Sombra, Samuray del Sol and Thea Trinidad vs Eruption

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bloodbath posted:

It’s sad how all of the goodbye tweets are I’m so grateful and thank you Vince I wish someone would tweet gently caress You Vince
I think it's because even if they know they have a job lined up, the WWE is never going away and they don't want to burn that bridge. The best you're going to get are people comparing the WWE to a cult "But I have a good relationship with Vince"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

publicly making GBS threads on your previous employer is universally a bad career move, and outweighs your desire to see a bit of twitter tea
CM Punk is the cautionary tale.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Apollo is going all in on this gimmick which made me realize for the first time he has such a strong voice and ability to deliver an aggressive promo, I don't even think his accent is offensive, it's just....Everything else about the gimmick, especially because it's happening in the WWE which has a long history of racism. Like someone either just saw Black Panther, Resident Evil 5, or the Ugandan Knuckles meme and gave it to Apollo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm pretty sure two millionaires who live in a modest home where they grow most of their own food are really going to be missing that WWE money. I don't know why Daniel Bryan stays in the WWE, he claims to love wrestling but the WWE isn't wrestling :v:

Has there been anyone from the last two years that either left or got fired that regrets not staying with the WWE? Almost everyone that leaves seems to be so much happier and didn't realize they were in a cult-like environment until they finally spent time away from the company.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

more ppl watch my hero academia on crunchy than aew and wwe combined

this is a great move for the fed
That's like saying because more people watch the NFL than wrestling, having Gronk win a title at Wrestlemania will make it more popular

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

that's how promotion should work, wcw did business with rodman and malone

they're making good decisions but nothing is coming of it because the shows are poo poo
That's back when WCW was actually mainstream though

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ad by Khad posted:

isnt that specifically why they tried so desperately to bring Gronk (and Bad Bunny) in lol
Exactly lmao.

Anime fans aren't going to start watching the WWE, WWE fans aren't going to start watching more anime.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Yah the discussion is in the podcast thread

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Open Marriage Night posted:

Did Black lose his NXT theme?
Yup

Now it's like a slow version of Thorn in your Eye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE0ZJuS0Y2I

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

“it’s aleister black”

gently caress me, what a downgrade.
The WWE has got me in a perpetual state of "Oh it's not as bad as it used to be"

I used to think most of CFO$ songs were just really bad knockoffs of other songs. The the new guys come along and everything is just unintelligible ear poison. There's three people with basically the same song (Bayley, Rollins, and Roman) with a similar opening as Baron Corbin's new-old bad theme.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Going to guess that Randy Savage is going to be the worst of it and they didn't even hit on the worst parts of Savage like Dark Side of the Ring did. They're WWE fluff pieces, Vince was involved. Warrior might be second worst because the WWE already produced a hit piece on Warrior, but they're playing nice for the Warrior Award

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

who's this, why is everyone laughing, serious quesiton
She's the last holdover from the Divas era (When they were hiring women based off their looks, never bothering to train them properly, and just using them as eye candy)

Her last gimmick in the WWE was being bad at wrestling and every week she would find an excuse not to wrestle, so she'd come out, her top would fall off, and she's run to the back. I have no idea who this was supposed to be getting over or why.

I think she admitted to hating wrestling and ended up trying to get into professional modeling/acting. I'm guessing it either didn't work out or since Johnny Ace is back, they backed a lot of money into her driveway. They fired four talented women that were actually over recently (Mickie James, Chelsea Green, and The Iiconics.)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rarity posted:

Imagine telling people a year ago that AEW's women's division would be ahead of WWE's
tbf I kept saying from Day 1 of the pandemic that the biggest reason it was bad was because

1) Lots of injured mainstays
2) No travel between Japan/US which put a hold on their Joshi imports
3) Almost everyone had been signed up just before the pandemic by WWE or Impact

mooseinfants posted:

WWE still gives their women more total tv time than AEW does but it's all bad promos and boring feud building that it hardly matters. I'd rather watch AEW's one women's match a week because at least I know that it'll be good.
All it takes is 7 hours a week of television to overpower the 25~ minutes a week AEW gets in 2 hours.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He’s resigning
re-signing?

e:

quote:

KUSHIDA defends the cruiserweight title against Santos Escobar next week
Poor guy left NJPW as one of the most popular Jr Heavyweights (Because they wouldn't let him move to the Heavyweight division) to go to NXT, barely be used for two years, and become a cruiserweight champion.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Just have Asuka and Rhea obliterate Charlotte together to start the match, put her through a table and then get down to business. It won't happen but their frustration with the booking should be part of the booking.
It might happen, just like it did for years with Roman, before he came back to win the match :eng101:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NXT is so painful to me because they've simultaneously got some of the best and some of the worst characters in wrestling so the average show is just not worth watching. I'll check clips of the things I like, but it doesn't feel must-see for me anymore.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

Was that the match Kairi was injured in and Becky rolled her under the ring?
Asuka, Becky, and the Ref knew she was really shaken up, possibly concussed almost immediately and Becky relayed the message to Asuka and tried to hide her from Charolette. Either Charolette didn't know, or didn't care because she was always taught to never improvise in a match and had to Get Her poo poo In

So at best she's a bad wrestler and at worst she's negligent and malicious. It's even worse with audio because you can hear Kairi pleading not to do the powerbomb

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Flair was also the person who leaked that Asuka was not only married, but had a child. Nobody had even knew she was married because she tended to keep her personal life very private :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If I'm not mistaken Kairi went back to Japan, because a "WWE Brand Ambassador" and when she asked to work with Stardom (I think it was them?) she got told no, because she's still a WWE talent.

They have absolutely killed that poor girl's love of wrestling. How could anyone hate Kairi?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

What! The WWE wouldn't let one of their "independent contractors" wrestle for someone else? Well I am shocked! Who could have seen this coming? Ah bloo bloo
Kairi isn't even a wrestler anymore, she just wanted to show up for a Stardom show. That's kinda hosed. They have her promoting NXT Japan, which like NXT UK is only coming into existence in total spite because nobody would sell their company to the WWE.

And like NXT UK, NXT doesn't actually exist. So all Kairi actually does is stand in front of a green screen studio set and introduce clips for WWE in Japan.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MJeff posted:

This one I've never been able to get behind as much. Especially because I'm pretty sure I've heard people say they knew Asuka was married with a child before Charlotte said that.

Yeah I'm sure Kairi was just tickled pink by continuously getting domed by all of the lovely untrained assholes that WWE never stops pushing.
People knew that because someone doxxed her private address in Vegas. She never actually volunteered any of that information

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I was over at a friend's house and I caught the tail-end of the PPV starting with Lashley retaining and Roman retaining. Those were foregone conclusions. Then I saw Bryan & Vinny reviewing the lumberjack match. I thought maybe Bryan was over-reacting but I watched the clips ITT and it's worse than I thought it'd be. Then I watched the full match and it was even worse than Bryan and the clips made it out to be.

I will unironically defend the Dexter Lumis vs Cameron Grimes cinematic zombie match because it was tongue in cheek but The Miz vs Damien Priest was just the worst.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

At Wrestlemania this year they dubbed in crowd effects. They're supposed to be going back on the road before Summerslam for live shows. I'm genuinely curious as to whether the people showing up are going to be regular wrestling fans, smarks, or WWE Lifers.

I kind of expect that for the first couple months they're going to just do what they did at WM and pipe in cheers and boos over the live audience to fall in line with who Vince thinks are the stars. If Vince had his way there wouldn't have been a Kofimania, Beckey Lynch, Daniel Bryan, or CM Punk hijacking his shows.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hoss Corncave posted:

No no, the Daniel Bryan one was absolutely their plan from the beginning .
Of course, making him Bray Wyatt's lackey was Vince's master plan to make him the most over wrestler in the world. Just like Sheamus beating him at Wrestlemania several years in a row.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

I mean, just look at all the other mega-stars that started out as Wyatt's lackeys.
Who are you to doubt Erik Redbeard

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Nope. In WWE lore, Lilly is Alexa's imaginary friend (whose spirit occupies that doll) who told her to beat up a bunch of people while Alexa was in grade school apparently. It is very dumb even by WWE standards.
The Miz was eaten by zombies last night, I think this is just the new normal

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Writer Cath posted:

Having been eaten by zombies, maybe the plan is to combine the supernatural gimmicks and have Miz be Alexa's zombie muscle.
I hope the doll gets a crush on zombie Morrison

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

So let me get this straight: They're hiring more and more people yet they routinely have people wrestle twice on the show in dead-end feuds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

I have come to the realization that after Ricochet's random lashing out at Io on Twitter this morning, that Sheamus beating his rear end on RAW last night is actually good for business.
https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/1394504099891224581?s=20

What a maroon