Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!
Can someone post Night 2 results so I don't have to parse the GDT? I know Night 1 had some decent to great matches, was there anything redeeming in N2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

Kunabomber posted:

It felt like Wrestlemania was actually an advertisement for the TV product rather than having proper blowoff matches that ends feuds tbh

The PPVs have been like that for ages, and I'm not sure I blame them since they make most of their money on the TV/Streaming deals for the TV shows.

When was the last time WM really felt like a "Season Finale"? When DB won? Even before that it feels like WM was building to TV or Backlash.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!
I know we talk about this literally all the time, but with their roster size it would be SO EASY to rotate performers in and out. Take a big loss at WM? You're off TV for a few weeks (or maybe you're on Main Event or one of the 700 other shows no one watches) while the winner gets some shine on their own. But no, we have to run every feud back for the next PPV, like Smackdown's numbers would crater even farther without Seth Rollins or Sami.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

I don't think I'd ever actually seen that particular sequence before. That is AWFUL.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

rotinaj posted:

the thing that never makes any sense to me about this, on the part of AEW or WWE, is that these resources are out there. There are cosplayers and cosplay clothing makers that could whip out a thousand times better of a mask toiling away on Etsy. There are people making fan remixes and fan tribute songs for WWE wrestlers that they could just hire to make themes for them. All it would take is for these big companies to reach out to this person and say "hey want a job", and yet, they bring out poo poo like this.

If these billion dollar companies can swing a big business dick, do it right.

I'm 95% sure that AEW has a costumer.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So my spouse has been watching Voyager for the first time and there was an episode where the crew go to Los Angeles in 1996 and they put black Spock in a durag to hide his ears.

Creepy. This is literally the episode I'm watching right now. For Voyager it's actually pretty good and has two solid cameos in Ed Begley Jr and Sarah Silverman.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

explosivo posted:

I can't help but imagine people in the back standing five feet to the side of a TV watching AEW while hovering on the "last channel" button on the remote in case someone walked in.

Fixed because it's still WWE.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

Lid posted:

my favourite speculation is that the reaosn the match was so short wads that Becky isnt ready to wrestle a full match

shes now the champion! your theory is predicated on that they decided to put their belt on a woman who cant wrestle!

It could also be that they don't trust their talent enough to wrestle a match on the fly, and they didn't have enough time to fully script out the match like they seem to love doing, so they said "gently caress it" and just wrote the laziest thing they could come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

Future Me Hates Me posted:

They used to cherry pick segments to talk about from WWE programming because they wanted to be positive and give new fans stuff to watch.

Now it seems they still do that for WWE, but they only talk about the stuff they think is problematic about AEW.

For some reason AEW saying they were "for everyone" but not having 20 min Women's main events every Dynamite is an unforgivable sin while WWEs entire past of doing horrible poo poo might as well not exist.

I listened to the Shmanners crossover podcast they just did (I'm a big MBMBAM/McElroy fan) that was supposedly all about the "unwritten rules and behind the scenes ettiquette" of pro-wrestling. And it was very weird to hear these "socially conscious" people totally gloss over the fact that all of this stuff is basically (in WWE and some of the darker indies) used to justify company-approved bullying. It was a lot of "Oh it's cool that you're expected to shake hands with literally every person you meet" but no mention of "if you forget to do this or mess it up you become a social pariah and might get physically assaulted or harassed." They even talked about wrestlers court but neglected to mention that the Undertaker is a complete shithead and used his position to force people to "Pay their dues" in lovely and humiliating ways.

And then the only mention of AEW was to dunk on Chris Jericho for losing the belt at a steakhouse. Basically confirmed for me I never want to listen to their pod.