Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

didn’t Orton just RKO her head into the mat like a month ago as part of this build

Yeah there was no new injury transitioning from tagging to the Fiend angle. She’s had a few matches under it.

Spiderdrake posted:

But she went from being constantly in the main event to having her brain scrambled by nia and rousey and then doing way more low-key stuff. He career has a really obvious trajectory after that.

I mean, nobody was allowed in the Raw main event except Charlotte or Becky during that whole time too so who knows.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dangerous Asuka injures another opponent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have a friend who is on Cameo and I'm going to get her to make a birthday message to herself this year.

That's my Cameo story.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

since today is going to be the most active Bo Dallas discussion day in over 2 years, let me fire off a hot take:

Bo Dallas is a better wrestler and sports entertainer than Bray Wyatt. he would have made The Firefly Funhouse and The Fiend shine like Bray never could have drat it

He's a hollow earth, chemtrails, lizard people guy.

So yeah it would have been much better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

not being professional wrestling automatically makes it a higher ad buy.

It doesn't actually work that way, and never has.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The PSP narrative has been updated after Asuka's Wrestlemania match, and that incident is now Kairi's fault.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When wrestlers I like do badly it's the writers fault, but when wrestlers I don't like do badly it's their fault.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alexa has had fewer concussions than Bryan and he's turned out a-

oh right.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

I'm a day late but bwahahahah at Kool Kyle Kassidy. I've never seen a main event push killed so thoroughly in one screenshot.

Orange Cassidy's look is cultural appropriation and Good ol' Canadian Boy Kyle O'Reilly is taking it back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince pronounces it a-ny-m

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

And Shida. And Omega

Anime protagonists get their power from burning spirit, not PEDs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Astro7x posted:

Like, put it in one of the dozens of drawstring bags that they sell

I'd rather have the trash bag.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

That applies to 49 out of 50 states.

And the 1 is really just an asterisk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

I know I've seen this before but gently caress this whole thing is horrifying.

I never have, and jesus that head snap.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

the "WHAT'S X DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE!?" names are always less exciting irl than they are in the memes https://streamable.com/n57tm4

This forum alone came up with a dozen better TNA names than his first name abbreviated

Ditching his "I used to be in WWE" name is good but this does not work.

bartok posted:

Kinda want to see the Ultimate Warrior episode to see how they ignore his post wrestling career as a professional racist and homophobe.

Isn't the WWE narrative that he was a non-specific bad person who found god before his death and dedicated himself to charity?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hoss Corncave posted:

The Smackdown one is the only one I can name all the people on, unless that's Charlotte in the top right of Raw

You have to stop doing this, Dave.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

It is still utterly insane that the only real credible babyface the RAW Women's Division has at the moment is Asuka. Rhea, Charlotte, and Alexa are all clear cut heels.

Man, just wait until after Backlash where they'll end up running a bunch of heatless heel vs heel feuds.

Alexa's latest feud was with Randy Orton, they may still consider her a face.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

She's pretty convincingly a heel after Wrestlemania where she turned on The Fiend. And cut a promo saying she was going to dominate the entire RAW Women's Division, because all of them are mean evil jerks and Lilly wants them all destroyed.

But if she wants to destroy them all, and they're all heels...!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's going to be Grimes and a bad Reddit Diamond Hands thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kross went to the UFC 15000 mask-less event so it's probably best geriatrics like Edge stay away a bit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Parents were both Charles Manson (long story)
Wore a bath robe to school every day
Had the words "i am a sex trafficked child" instead of a mouth

sportsgenius86 posted:

It’s a confession for a lot of them but it’s primarily them co-opting a common sense issue for their bullshit theories so people who oppose them look like they’re FOR human trafficking.

It’s the kind of thing you think will work if you’re an extremely stupid person.

Same kind of reason that anti-abortion is called pro-life.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah he has no choice who he fights!

Oh wait.

Well he needs the mon- Hmm.

I mean, surely he has a secret plan here!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Imagine if we could spread the vaccine by breathing.

I'd go down to every loving anti lockdown rally and breathe all over those assholes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

breathing into their faces would probably work better

I know what I said.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Segment by segment wrestling ratings are so weird.

There are actually people out there, apparently tens of thousands, who change the channel when someone they don't like as much is on screen? Instead of opening up a website to shitpost about it like a normal person?

It's crazy.

DeepDickPizza posted:

The really hosed up thing is that out of all the 80's/early 90's wrestlers that you can choose from, Tatanka isn't even that big of a name. You're willfully choosing to do a racism on your child rather than pick a more well-known wrestler, I guess because Native American headdresses are still a common thing at costume shops and you're working backwards? Oof.

The kid might be first nations. Which doesn't make it okay, but would explain the choice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gavok posted:

*lazy thumbs up*

Nobody dresses as Fire Ant.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cauliflower jones posted:

thinking about how protective the rock is about his image, i bet he has ptsd from his rumble appearance

That's just a rumor spread by chronic liar Tyrese.

The Rock gets his rear end kicked in those movies regularly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Does Spooky Alexa and her Spookier dolly have anyone to feud with yet?

Coz she has done a couple of vignettes, but I dunno if they are leading to her feuding with anyone specific yet.

Maybe Carmella? A pretty, glamourous, "diva" of a woman vs the spooky scary child. There could be shenanigans when/if Carmella steals the doll, and/or mirror weirdness as Carmella is putting on her make-up etc.

Carmella is apparently on Smackdown.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Silly questions.

But do they wish refs "the best in all future endeavours" when they get fired? Did Drake get fired so bad/nastily that the racist fascist that he is didn't even get that, (like TJP)?

What about the others? Were they liked/respected enough to get the "future endeavours" line?

Also, when Drake gets his poo poo posted to him in a garbage bag, will that be an issue?

NXT releases usually don't get any official post.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

I just remembered Carlito showing up for a hot minute. He still employed?

He had like a 3 match tryout and didn't get picked up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tuning out when they're bored is one thing but segment by segment ratings tracking implies that people are somehow hearing about who's on screen while watching other things and switching over and lol at the idea anyone discusses NXT live. That doesn't even happen here.

If it isn't just 99% related to commercial timing, VJeff will write an essay on 30 wrestlers more All Elite than Karrion Kross.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Apollo Crews retains the IC title in a fatal fourway over Big E, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. Due to being no-DQ, Commander Azeez interferes, Big E fights him off. The lights go out and Aleister Black comes out and kills Big E with a kick, letting Apollo get the win

New Day guys are only allowed to fight other black wrestlers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is like the 4th time Vince has fired his own son. It won't last, I give it 4 months.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Now Triple H is going to quit and go to AEW to fight Cody.

It will take 14 hours and feature 27 run-ins. Then Cody's entrance will start.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zelina came into chat on a friend's Twitch stream last night for a little bit. She does cosplay stuff, and Zelina's pretty into that so she follows her I guess.

She had no idea who she was and kept calling her "The Trinidad" (Zelina's Twitch username is theatrinidad, her real name), and thought she was Malakai/Aleister because all the videos on her channel are of him.

I don't have proof this is why Shane was fired, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roasted Donut posted:

what in the world

No, no.

It's WHAT in the WORRRRRRRRRLD!