Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

What a fella, is this supposed to make him look tough, down to earth? If anything it makes him look like a clown which tbf worked wonders for BoJo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Communist Thoughts posted:

They've correctly realised kier just isn't as funny as bojo so theyr trying to close the funny gap

Theyr doing a really good job of it but I just don't know if it'll be enough

It's honestly the best PR thing they've come up with for him, he's about as plain and boring as white bread meanwhile Boris has this insane clown character.
Unfortunately Keir lacks any charisma whatsoever so he can't pull it off very well

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

bump_fn posted:

vaccines for younger people WHEN

it's crazy to see basically noone I know my age (~20) have it besides key workers here yet all my American mates have had 2. Admittedly that's cause the US hoarded a lot but still idk if I'll be safe by the end of the year.
Wanted to head to the states around this time next year too but I feel there's no chance if my mum hasn't even had her 2nd and she's nearly 60.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Weasling Weasel posted:

We've vaccinated the same percentage of people roughly, the only difference is that the US hasnt prioritised the high risk groups to the same extent. In theory our route should lead to less deaths

goddamnedtwisto posted:

No, it's because most US states basically declared a free for all once vulnerable populations were done and your mates either got lucky or spent hours hunting down available slots. We've chosen a slightly slower opening up but are still on schedule to have offered everyone in the country a first dose by July.

ah sound, definetly going faster than a lot of places but how's the 2nd doses going? I know my mum still has only had her 1st despite being a keyworker.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Miftan posted:

The US is giving out 2nd shots according to the vaccination instructions - 2-4 weeks after the first jab depending on manufacturer. The UK has decided to do 12 weeks between jabs which is why the US will have a lot more 2nd jabs done before us.

yeah that's one of the things kinda worrying me lol will that effect the effectiveness. Hopefully the first one should be sound like I think after a full year of social isolation might be starting to take a toll on my mental health lol.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I've only had my first (61, Wales) in a mass-vaccination centre. My second is due early June I think. - Astra Zeneca
My sister (<60, Wales) had her first at a GP and was given a date for her second immediately (late May I think) - she has health issues. - Astra Zeneca
My niece (29, Wales) has had two now I think (she has lots of health issues). - Pfizer I think
Mum (83, England) has now had both. Pfizer

drat hope ur 2nd one goes well. I know one or 2 ppl in their early 30s/late 20s with both but they all work for the NHS or have severe health issues. And one of my mates who works at Specsavers got hers both done privately by the company.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

The idea everyone in the city is a metropolitan elite when a poo poo ton of the richest people literally live in the middle of loving nowhere is insane.
As someone who's only ever lived in an urban area of a city the countryside has always seemed like where all the rich people live whereas normal people live in the city.
Hell the most rich person in my family legit lives in a village of 500 people and has significantly more money than any of us in the city lol.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

knox_harrington posted:

Kensington Palace is also not exactly in a rural location.

I always forget they all live in London cause Buckingham Palace feels like they're trying very hard to emulate the countryside like it doesn't feel urban at all. Kinda like how disneyland feels like you're in these different worlds, only somehow more classist and not fun.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Tomberforce posted:

It's honestly really scary how pervasive it's all getting. Every other suggested video I'm getting on YouTube is loving Steven Crowder or Ben Shapiro and a whole litany of minor goofy fronts for white supremacy and it really seems to be getting through to people, at least here in Australia.

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1388270928350433286?s=20

NotJustANumber99 posted:

My experience of the countryside is that there's rich people and poor people living there, it just isn't a poo poo hole like cities mostly are, and if it is you just move over a bit and you're in somewhere nice whereas in a city if you move over a bit you're just still in the city.

ofc there's no homogenous class between rural and urban areas, just I've only ever really been exposed to posh ppl in rural areas. Still would deffo rather live in a shithole in the city than the nicest rural area personally considering the fact most of my social life would vanish lol.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1389188966096777219
Nadine Dorries now thinks Hartlepool has/will have twice as many jobs as it's population?
I will never understand her, as someone who has always lived near where she grew up how the gently caress do u become a tory.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Clearly Jeremy Corbyn is behind this, why else would Labour be polling even worse under Starmer than Corbyn.

OwlFancier posted:

Being a loving idiot isn't geographically restricted, unfortunately.

yeah ofc. Definetly really interesting to note most of the tory MPs from Liverpool had well left the city by the 80s which explains a lot.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Guavanaut posted:

Clipping out the risque avatar in this reply, but lmao what planet are some people on? What is any of this?

Assumed it was an account that reviewed those Catz games before reading the bio

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1390172246178729990

I swear tories are lizard people who don't consume media and instead think identity is actually just a load of flags, racism and posh accents.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

peanut- posted:

The dumbest thing about this is in independent, buccaneering Britain the creative industries are one of our only successful export products.

quite funny considering they still use the excuse of tourism to keep the royals around but don't seem to want to support the arts which I'd be absoloutely shocked if the arts didn't massively outdraw the royals for tourism.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Art will continue as it has done in the past ten years. Exclusively made up of the children of born to wealth cunts with fake titles and names like Chundly Barseflaps. It's just money moving up the ladder and never coming down again.

Really looking forward to more mopey "I'm rich and daddy didn't buy me a lambo" songs. Thank gently caress for stuff like bandcamp and independent artists we'll always get some good stuff.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Julio Cruz posted:

god drat I keep seeing this argument around and I'm getting loving tired of it

particularly as France hasn't had a monarch for 150 years and yet there's this little palace in somewhere called Versailles that still seems to do pretty well tourist-wise

(I know you're not using it genuinely, I'm just venting really)

hahaha mad init.
Hell even I'd be more interested in going round Buckingham palace if it was a nice museum or something. So much space for one family.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

How the fucks he done that and got nothing to show

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

OwlFancier posted:

They lost under corbyn because of a combination of sabotage by the labour right at every turn, a universally hostile press, and in 2019 especially, because it turns out "traditonal labour voters" care more about brexit than they do anything else. They are losing under keir because he's a massive loving moron who has done absolutely nothing except vote for lovely legislation, alienate labour's left destroying their funding and campaigning base, and taken lots of pictures of himself drinking with flags in the background, and it turns out that the "traditional labour voters" he so desperately wants to chase are actually entirely politically aligned with the tories.

OwlFancier posted:

There just isn't a future chasing the horrible old gits who make up the majority of voters in the horrible shithole towns up here. They're never going to vote for anything good because they don't want good things to happen, they are tories at heart and it's just taken them a while to realise.

Starmer's also a boring oval office and most of the ppl they're chasing will genuinely probably be dead within 8 years by the looks of it whereas Corbyn had the support of young voters. Genuinely trying to get young ppl engaged seems a better strategy to me but I'm also just some muppet on the internet.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

OwlFancier posted:

It might not win the next election but it's the only thing that seems like there's any future in it. The people who have houses and pensions and poo poo are all gonna loving die before the unpaid debt of the world they wanted catches up to the rest of us.

yeah it's definetly not gonna be an instant winner but in 2 or 3 GEs the amount of Labour supporters would likely massively go up. Me and my mates weren't really interested in politics until Corbyn came around and massively appealed to us as young people.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

SpaceCommie posted:

I thought I wouldn't care, but it's been pretty devastating to see the Tories swoop to victory after killing over 100,000 people.

Can't wait to be told it's all my fault for voting for Corbyn because I wanted things to be marginally better.

yeah it's deffo poo poo cause they're just gonna get even loving worse

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

History Comes Inside! posted:

Ultimately then the problem is too many thick racists.

Are better things even possible in the face of so many thick racists?

a lot of them are old and will die off in a few years?

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

https://twitter.com/MCRConservative/status/1389981463949586437

This has to be the highlight of the campaign for me

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Gonzo McFee posted:

Starmer has collapsed Labour support in LIVERPOOL

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1390669110204305408?s=19

Amazing stuff.

yeah Steven Yip seems quite popular here, Joanne Anderson seems alright too tbf altho having almost the exact same name as Chippy Tits couldn't have helped. Liverpool is obviously pro labour but I'd say moreso to the left of Labour. Corbyn was loving huge here no ones arsed about Starmer or actively dislike him. Sure he's got his fans here but they're probably more on the Wirral.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Tesseraction posted:

In a statement on the poor showing for Labour in Liverpool the LOTO's spokesman called Liverpool "a bunch of helium-voiced poofs who wouldn't know electability if it hosed their mother"

I know this is a joke but I poo poo you not one of the people involved with dealing with Antisemitism in Labour implied that most scousers are anti semetic cause there's a large catholic population. Ofc statistics show that's just not true, still deffo is antisemitism here but it's no worse than any other city

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkuWrmxN7hg

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Gonzo McFee posted:

I've been playing the new Resident Evil and hear me out, the new Labour Leader should be an eight foot tall goth woman who could smash a man's skull with her tits. I feel this would unite the party.

That'd deffo get me enthusiastic about Labour like

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

went off her quite a bit after joining with him but she would be a much better leader than him considering she has some sense of charisma and seems a lot more down to earth than him. Dunno what sacking her will do other than piss ppl who liked her off.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Darth Walrus posted:

I know Streeting is poo poo, but I've forgotten any specific examples of him being utterly repellent. Little reminder, please?

Looking at his wikipedia he endorsed Jess Phillips for the leadership which is ironic considering he was involved with Stonewall.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Didn't even think about how close this was to massive discussion about women's rights. Ofc I'm sure that's why he's promoting a massive TERF shithouse.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

what a knobhead. can't stop flaunting his shite title round. Also forgot he was an envoy to Israel, assuming he hasn't commented on what happened last night then

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

My lizard brain missed Jenny Chapman's last name and assumed they were on about Jenny Nicholson.
I need to get out more the brainrot is really setting in.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

XMNN posted:

she looks just like a normal person in the street wearing normal clothes

https://twitter.com/ChrisKPH/status/1391438362142248960?s=19

clearly she should be wearing a shiny blue suit to emphasise she is a woman of the people

thought this for ages but I genuinely reckon politicians being more casual/down to earth when campaigning would massively help. Boris gets by by being a character, let peoples personalities shine through instead of being formal robots all the time.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

crispix posted:

of course in the new GB legislation you'll likely need a blue passport and to recite the full national anthem and to name every monarch since aethelred the unready

lol, does anyone other than the flag shaggers know the lyrics beyond the "god save the queen" bit.
I know more of the lyrics to come out ye black and tans than the national anthem pretty sure.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Ebola Dog posted:

I'm champing at the bit to get vaccinated but I don't fall into any vulnerable groups and am in my early 30s. It just feels like once they got to under 50s they keep decreasing the age range by lower and lower increments. Soon it will be over 36.75 then 36.5 etc. like Zeno's paradox.

same here except I'm in my realy 20s.
I know I don't need it but it's weird cause the difference in under 40s seems minimal iirc? Why split them up still

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

stev posted:

So they can blame the young for not being vaccinated and frolicking outdoors if there's another spike.

the amount of ads I've seen saying "GET VACCINATED!!" on youtube, like yeah mate I'll loving do it the exact second you oiffer it to me.
Highly doubt many ppl in eligible age groups were watching Tony Hawk Pro Skater iceberg videos and that lol

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Guavanaut posted:

People who were 18 when it first came out for playstation are in the over 40s group now.
Always forget most people didn't start with THUG 1 or 2 lol

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

they really are a parody of themselves huh? They sometimes seem to see the issue but never ever the resolution to it.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

kingturnip posted:

Sometimes?

I don't kleep up with the lib dems much so I'm probably misremembering, I remember them vaguely talking about issues I cared about last GE but now I can't even think of an example. Guess they are just shitheads

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Barry Foster posted:

:sickos:

Of course it's Liverpool
once again proud to be a scouser, me

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1395800308199141376?s=20
Amazing

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

crispix posted:

that's definitely what the country wants, to know the medical details of a 70 year old man who is a back bench MP and grower of vegetables

Lord of the Llamas posted:

This is even worse than the amount of time they spent saying "DID CORBYN EVEN VOTE REMAIN HUH?" despite the fact he tweeted a picture of himself outside the polling station on the day of the referendum saying he was voting remain.

a lot of the same people seem to have criticised him for wanting to know how much doe we send to israel too lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1396214307227045890

What the gently caress?