Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Pal what victim blaming rear end in a top hat bought you that av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
What do boosters look like at the moment? I got my Moderna rounds done back in April. My family got either that or Pfizer. I know my protection is already good, and theirs are too, but I really hate the idea of me or my family still getting sick because Jethro distrusts the tyrannical reach of the government and coughs near one of us.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
You know he'll be back because every goon that announces that they're leaving comes back within 2-3 pages.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
What’s gonna make my blood boil is when the southern states say that their piles of bodies are the fault of the liberals/Biden/antifa or whatever. I don’t expect any self reflection from any of this and it blows my mind.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

MarcusSA posted:

So the Hospital in LA where my wife works is now full and the previously torn down covid tents outside are back up and also full.

:shrug:

Also a guy at work who has been fully vaxxed for about 3 months caught covid for the first time and his sister in law who he got it from is in the hospital with it. She's young and healthy from what he says. His wife and kids didn't test positive though which is good I guess but also is weird but whatever.

I’m on the metro right now and I had (now past tense) more faith in my fellow Angelinos with mask adherence. Thank god I have a N95.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Rescue Toaster posted:

Also wondering if I should try to get a moderna as my third since my first two were pfizer.

There might be a case for mixing but losing out on the set bonus is a big ask if you are about DPS at all.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Zugzwang posted:

I can’t help but wonder how many of these religious exemption folks have been getting other vaccines just fine.

I think they’re just scared because it’s new and there was enough misinformation being spread to capitalize on that. My working theory is that they are all scared first and foremost, and the misinfo was cover for them to avoid the vaccine in a face saving way.

On one hand I feel bad for them for having their fears taken advantage of, on the other hand their decision not to vaccinate kills other people. Yeah crappy education and cultural pressures made them the way they were, but they’re all adults.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
We met up for a family vacation and nobody told me my brother was sick. I’m the only one concerned about covid (so I naturally get really weird looks when I bring up the implications here).

He didn’t get tested prior to visiting, despite him already being sick and working in a chud owned restaurant where a coworker of his tested positive. Im a little peeved to say the least. He’s younger and also lives in a place that thought Covid was defeated in 2020, so naturally he’s not super concerned and didn’t know Long Covid was a thing.

After about 2 days of constant exposure to him I have a cough and feel gross. Still gotta fly back home (or figure out a way to rent a car one way) tomorrow and I can’t afford to miss work.

I’m triple vaxxed and no pre existing conditions so I’m likely fine, just pissed.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Harriet Carker posted:

Sounds like you mad a pretty dumb choice then.

No kidding.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Tomorrow I get a PCR test done for Covid. For the sake of my own curiosity, will I be able to figure out what variant it is if I am positive? From what I recall, the US isn’t that great at sequencing but I’m not sure if that’s related to this kind of situation.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
goons, ya boi bug got covid. when I was told to log into the portal to view my PCR results, I knew the news wasnt gonna be good when they had like 4 PDFs for me to download.

I'm at about day 5-6 of symptoms. Besides sleeping a whole lot and presumably drinking a lots of water, what can I do right now to get through this? this whole thing has felt like a cold, with the intensity of your average cold, if that helps determine what treatment options should be from home.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
How did you know it was omicron? I'm kinda curious myself what my infection is, but none of the paperwork says what type. just the test type (pcr) and the result being positive.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

my kinda ape posted:

I have tested positive for the novel coronavirus AMA

Has your pp fallen off yet?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
German Man Who Received 217 COVID Vaccines Has Functioning Immune System

https://www.technologynetworks.com/immunology/news/german-man-who-received-217-covid-vaccines-has-functioning-immune-system-384483

The article states that 138 doses were officially accounted for, so even he lied about the other 79 shots, holy dicks that’s still so many vaccines lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Is there a most vaccinated man alive world record yet?