Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I've had both doses and next week will mark two weeks since my second, but I feel like I'm going to be wary going inside to eat at a restaurant for a very, very long time. Anyone else feeling the same way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

But I suppose it all comes down to personal risk tolerance in the end. My company is going to schedule some get-together at some point I'm pretty sure. I've avoided the previous ones due to not being vaxxed but I'm sure the pressure on me to show up to the next one will be large now that I actually am vaxxed. So that kinda sucks because I'd rather not.

Yeah that's why I've avoided telling anyone but a close few trusted people that I've been vaccinated

I'm holding out as long as I can so I can say "nah I'd rather not" especially to large group gatherings

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Has anyone experienced double dip side effects? I got my second dose last Wednesday, Thursday was a nightmare but I've felt tip top since then. But today I've felt like I've had a low grade fever, a sore throat and my body feels fatigued. I thought it was allergies but a pill didn't seem to help me

Maybe I have something else but wanted to know if anyone else experienced this too

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Honestly I'm just curious as to when it's going to mutate into a more lethal, transmissible AND vaccine resistant strain because the way things are going that's a worrying possibility

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

LanceHunter posted:

It is not inevitable, and is in fact very unlikely. Here's a good twitter thread from a virologist PhD explaining why (it's too big to fully embed, but a very worthwhile read) -

https://twitter.com/angie_rasmussen/status/1420024559118524431?s=20

:unsmith:

that makes me feel a bit better

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

My brother-in-law (who is a 26 year old man btw) posted on Facebook (lol) that the vaccine was created by Bill Gates to reduce the population of the world by making people infertile.

Someone responded "This is dangerous misinformation. You own a grocery store, you owe it to your employees to get vaccinated."

BiL responded "BLOCKED COMMIE - guess the Soros checks are clearing again???"

He'll never get a vaccine, there's literally no way to discuss things rationally with someone like that.

Wait your BIL literally believes in Soros checks??

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

Full approval means more places can mandate the vaccine without fear of legal repercussion, right?

I think *that's* the real key to boosting vaccination rates. Oh, you wanna go to an NFL game? Get vaccinated. You want to fly? Get vaccinated. You want to work at a job that includes face-to-face interactions with the public? Get vaccinated.

I don't know what the laws are on vaccine mandates, but generally it's corporations that push this so basically yeah what you said in the second sentence

I'm really waiting for the next chud talking point: "Oh yeah the FDA only granted it under political pressure because of BIDEN therefore I won't be taking poison thank you"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

The mandates begin!

NEW YORK (AP) — NYC public schools, largest system in the US, mandates COVID-19 vaccinations for teachers with no opt-out option.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

The DOD one is hilarious because you already have to take enough vaccines to make you an antibody super soldier but a bunch of idiots are up in arms about this one particular one

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

wilderthanmild posted:

About 370k is the margin Biden lost Florida by. Florida has had about 42k deaths, a chunk of which were of course prior to the election. Probably a long way to go to get there on deaths alone.

DeSantis won by a little over 30k iirc

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ccs posted:

At least they’re prioritizing hospitalized breakthrough infection patients over the unvaxxed because the former has a better chance of survival.

Dying to own the libs

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Mozi posted:

i'm confused, why is everyone taking ivermectin when hydroxychloroquine works so well :confused:

DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!!!!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

∆∆∆ :argh:

The hits keep coming!

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/delta-add-200-monthly-health-insurance-charge-unvaccinated-staff-2021-08-25/

Delta to add $200 monthly health insurance charge for unvaccinated staff

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Honestly I really do want to move but the places I want to move to are infested with COVID, except like Vermont

I guess I'm stuck in VA for the foreseeable future

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

LanceHunter posted:

The county I live in (just outside DC) currently has 14 cases per 100k people. In exactly two weeks I'll be moving to Texas, to a county with 42 cases per 100k people (and that county as the lowest rate of infection in its area).

Just holding out hope that my vaccine-enhanced immune system does its job.

:coronatoot:

Stay safe goon pal!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

boquiabierta posted:

Just asked a woman on the train to please put her mask on over her nose. She rolled her eyes and ignored me. We’re in Spain and I’m realizing how fortunate I’ve been to not go through the pandemic in the states, where I’d have aneurysm-causing bouts of being livid about 87 times an hour.

You have a greater than 70% chance of being shot in the states if you do that

That number doubles if you're not white because then she calls the cops to report you assaulted her and he blasts 15 holes in you 30 milliseconds after exiting his car

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

:sickos:

It's time! Time for another animal -> human mutated jump!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Katamari Democracy posted:

Oh God he is back?

T̵͕͖̪̼́ḧ̸͓̳́e̷̮̓ ̴̡̖̞̙̞̠͙̟͕͕̳̻̝͚̆̄̈́̓̉̽͋̀̀͝s̵͚̯̑̇̔̐̀̈̋͗̆̊͘ų̶̨̨̬̗̗̝͇̙̲̪͚̣̯̏m̷̙͚̠͍͓̩͈̜̭̩͙̈́͒̆͛̈̆̏͘͝m̸͖̥̒̾͆̈́́̋̓̇͊̉̄̈́͘͝͠ơ̶̧̼͎͓̝̼̼̂̿͊̿̽͝n̴̥͓͇͍̺̖̙̎́̊̿́i̵͎̦̠̣̘̣̗͇̝͎͈̦̓̊̓̋̆͌n̶̢͇̗͈̳͓̳̪͉̠̗͕̺͗ģ̷̝̮̯̬̩̳̉̎̅͒̓͛̚͜͠͠ ̴̢͓̳̯̮͚̯͖̜̋̃̐̅̆̈́̐ͅͅh̴̤͚̮͉̫̮̗̝̥̾͜a̷̢̧̢̮͚̻̲͍̞̼̰͖̔͆̽͋̕͝ͅs̶̘̩̙̹̟̀̑͂̾́̈́̉̍̽̚͜͝ ̵̛͓͖̯͔̲̂̏͗̋̌̎̋͑̾̉̑̑̽͝b̸̧͉̏͗̍̑́ŗ̴̩͔̝̾̌̄̈́̕o̸̫̿̅́̀̄̎ü̸̧̦͖͖̺̬͛̀̀g̶̛̮̞̼͐̽̓̾̅̏͆̂̃͑͋̚ḩ̴̙̻̗͕̹̄̈́̎́̐̓͒̂̓́t̷̡̼̪͈̿̑̃̃́͠ ̵̨͉̣̬̗̜̼̱̣͊̈͂̃̾͑͛͋̏̑h̸̨̰͍̟͍͙̱͕̾͆͒̔͑i̴͙̝̪̗̪͓͈̟͖̥̱͕͐͋͗̋̏̓͝m̶̯̞̻̲̙̰͕̦͆͛̄͒̅̒͐̀̑̆̐ ̸̢̢̪͉̲̼̠̻͇͒̽̓͂̌́̚f̸̡̧̢̞̰͈̟̜̫̑ở̵̡͕̪͍̳̤̩͈̫̲͖̰͜͜r̸̛͉̜̟̗̭̮͍̗͚̟͓͚͉̈́̄͌́͗̈̋̎͘͝͠ẗ̶͎́̈́̈́͗h̷̡̲͕̖̬͍̞͙̦̪̜́͝ͅͅ.̵̨̱̱͔̟̣͙͚̆̆̂ ̵̻͙̲͉͎̯̲̻̽͊͆̐͂̅̆̎̔̅̀͌͠A̵̛̹̻̙̝̠̹̖͕̝̍̇̃̇́͋̒̈l̸͎̹͔͈͙̻͍͚̻̻̾͌̍͌́͆̊͌̈͌̕̕͠͠l̵̨̧̛̞͓̼͚̺͕̬̼̺̦̆̇̌́͛̀̈͆͘͘͝ ̷̟͊́͊̀̎̚͘͠i̸̡͕͖̟̺̦̫͓̟̳̞̾͗̾̀̇̎͐͊́̚͜͝s̸̢̤͕̟̯̱̲̝̖͓̼̽ͅ ̵͕̆̈͛̑͆͗̔͒͠ả̷̧̧̙̠̞̜̘̬̤̠̓͂̓̾̅̾̽̉̎̀̾͌̕͝s̵̻̥̦͕̟͇̣̓̈́̀̐͐̈́̿͐̌̕̚͝͠ḑ̸̯̮͉̠̱͉̖͔̠̫̞̠͈̈̀͊̔̈́͊̋͘͜f̷͙̽́̋̄3̴̧̛̱̪͎͍̪͇͙̞̘̽̈́͑͐̽̎̈́̈́́̾̿͘͠͝ͅ2̶͇̫́̉.̶̡̨̦̥̫̠̱̝̮͚͕͓̣͋͐̀̀ ̵͉͍͈͓̫͔͒ͅĂ̵̢͆l̴̡̢̺̺̮͓̲̫̞̰̼̟͍͓͋̍̐̆̍̿̇̉̌̓́̏̓͘l̸̰͈̫̅̃̀̐̉́̏͋̇̇̍ ̸͉̙̋͐̍̽͛͒́̐̾̈́w̷̛̲͈̯̤̩͉̼̯̟͙̳͖̯̲̓͐̍͋̈́̈́̑̊̐̓̚i̷͚̻͈̔̈́̀̌̊̑̈͑̍̈͛̚͠l̶͎̬͙̠͓̘͔͚͔̑̍̓͛̅̓̋̈́͐͋̚͜͝ͅl̸̙͈̐ ̶͇̘͓̘̟̈̿͌́͂͂͛̅̍͝b̷͙̻͖̖͍͓͓̩̠͓̘̹̥͗͐̑́̓͂̆̚̚͠͝o̶̳̫̩͎̯̙͓͎͍͎̼͆̎͆̈́́̃̔ͅw̷̰̞̰͑͗̔̐͜͠ ̸̧̱͓͔͉̣̤͉̙̼̭́̓̈́̅̑̒̊̑͂̑̕ͅt̶̗͙̗̯̣̣͔̠̲̺̪̗͇̾̐͑̌̚o̷͓̰̘̱͈͉̗͉̽̚ ̷̖̯̮̓͛̈́͌̀͂͌͝h̷̡̬̙̲̬̼̜̙͔̤̲̀̈́̎̀̉̀̒i̴̢͕̟͇̣̞̖̲̜̟̞̤̗̎̂̆͜ͅs̶̳̖̗̺̭͕̙͉̘̄͜ͅ ̵̗̗̙̳̫͑̀͋́̅̔̍̑̈́̎̅̕̕͠į̵̢̤̙̥̩̮̥̩̙̝̦͛̈̈́̎̏̚͠ͅn̸̢̡̥̝͎̠͔̫̘̫̥̊͋͗t̵̻̠̼̽͗̐̄̔̿͑̎̃͑̑e̸̹̖̜͌͛̿l̷̑̽͒̒͌̐̂͂̕͜͝͠l̸̛̩̥̠̓̈͊͋̾̅ę̷͎̫͇͕̇̿́̄̋̔͌̌̚̕c̴̭̗̟͓͚̗͑̎̎͑̾̌̀̿̈́̄͗͗̈̌̚ͅť̶̡͎̠͕͇͔̟̬̰̗͖̩͛̾͛̀͑̽̔̽̕͝͝͠u̸̧̝̜̹͎̯̲̮̣̗̙͕͖̳̤͌ä̶͙͈l̸͙͉͈͖͈̱̊́͒̑̐͘ ̴̨̧͓̳̖̫͙̥͎͚̳̳̼̔̈́̋͗̔̓m̵̨̯̟̘͇̜̙͎͉͎̦̺͍̭̀̔̀̒̉̂̅̾̂͝ȋ̶̺̱̫̘̭̰̥̲͚̲̯̝͙̯͇̀̈̾͑͗͋̆̒̓̀̇̑g̵̭̗͔̖̬̀͌̊̔͠ḩ̶̦͉̦̲̭͈̗̺͚̹̎͘̕͝t̶̮̘̭̖̳̹͓͖̤̦͖͙̗͎͔͑̋̐̿͘͘͠.̶̻͚̜̖͎̈́̄́̍

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

ben shapino posted:

spoiler alert: we're not going to build a new normal that is great

BUILD

BACK

BETTER

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

ben shapino posted:

I'm from Alabama, and I say kill 'em all!

All the people from Alabama? I'm on it boss!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Fauci is already pouring cold water on the Mu panic but the phrase "isn't an immediate threat" is some pretty wishy washy language
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1433517116062306304

What's he supposed to say? "Mu will kill your family and blind you so it's the last thing you see, Zedekiah style?"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Azathoth Prime posted:

I got some good news today. The CEO of my big tech company just sent us all an email saying they're making vaccination mandatory. Anyone not fully vaccinated by Nov. 15 gets terminated.

Any chance you can regale us with stories of those who are fighting against it? With names and identifying info redacted, of course :awesome:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I feel like Biden should start pulling federal contracts from those who don't comply

Make it hurt

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

What does this dudes polling look like that he's trying to thread the needle between " vaccines good" and "vaccine mandate bad"

He's polling between "Jesus has appointed me in divine right" and "Holy poo poo someone crazier than me may primary my rear end"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

I haven't watched Family Guy in about 15 years, is it just all lib cringe like this nowadays?

https://twitter.com/DannyDeraney/status/1440434330514255879?s=19

Well-intentioned and all but yikes, who is that aimed at...

It's not aimed at you, it's aimed at people who like Family Guy but are kinda meh on getting the vaccine for whatever reason. I don't watch Family Guy (anymore) but if it works in getting some people vaccinated I say more power to them

There's weirdos who will only listen to cartoon characters instead of scientists for whatever reason. Go with what works imo

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Tagichatn posted:

I'm waiting on Rick to give me a sign to take the vaccine.

"Take the vaccine *burp* take the vax Morty you piece of poo poo"

"Aw geez Rick I dunno I've read about the side effects"

"How's this for a side effect you little poo poo. Dying. You wanna die Morty? I don't give a *burp* poo poo if you die. I can get another Morty. Your family won't notice. But you'll be dead like that Rick and Morty in the backyard. You wanna join them Morty? You wanna die?"

"Fine I'll get the vaccine!"

"drat right you will Morty."

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I visited the COVID-19 memorial on the National Mall this weekend

I mean... these pictures do not even do it justice to just how big this thing is and how many people have died from this (now pretty much completely preventable) disease

(the above is a panoramic view of the whole thing taken from just off the Washington Monument. I don't know if it captures the scale of it but I tried)

700,000+ flags. A lot of them have names, pictures, little notes to the deceased. It's like wandering through Arlington Cemetery with just rows and rows of white flags and inscriptions

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I feel like I have a breakthrough case but it doesn't seem terrible (but I'm not sure what else it could be).

I woke up this morning and my body temp is slightly higher than normal. It reminds me of when I got the shot (Moderna) but on a much less worse scale. I've been kinda warm and tired all day, but my head and everything is fine. Woke up stuffy but I took an allergy pill and that cleared up

Is it possible that I could have an extremely mild case?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

Of course that's possible.

Or you could have something else.

Or you could have nothing.

:hmmyes:

All things are possible through God

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

wilderthanmild posted:

You could always take a test? Never hurts to know.

Yeah I'm gonna soon, I was just curious as to what other people experienced for breakthrough cases to see if I'm like an outlier

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Zil posted:

Having an outpatient procedure done tomorrow, so the surgery center had me get my brain scraped on Tuesday. Didn't hear back from them at all today so guess I'm good?

I mean you're posting on SA so

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You were just being proactive - she is going to ghost everyone pretty soon anyway.

:golfclap:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

HD DAD posted:

Soon we’re just gonna run out of Greek letters and we’ll have to name variants like hurricanes. Looking forward to dying from the Jeff variant.

Look all I'm saying is God clearly states in Revelations, "I am the Alpha and the Omega". He's just tinkering with COVID until He finds just the perfect amount of transmissibility and lethality to wipe out most of humanity

It's right there in the Bible people!! It's been in plain sight for 2000 years!!!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Barudak posted:

They did, The Bible, God et al., 4,352 BC.

:hmmyes: (though Revelations was about 83 AD)

Revelations 22:13

quote:

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 9, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Oh my god I woke up cold for the first time in a week

I don't want to put the horse before the cart buuuuut

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I got my booster shot today and I feel my 5G nanobots replenishing themselves

At the moment my arm is a tiny bit sore but nothing terrible. I just woke from like an hour nap but that could have been because I slept like poo poo last night

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Why do they keep naming these covid strains after fraternities?

DELTA KAPPA ALPHA STRAIN FOREVER WHOOOOO :rock:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Not to double post but I just saw the new variant has popped up in Belgium, which tells me that it's probably far more widespread than we know

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

Was the consensus that drug stores are picky about the 6 month thing? Still need to wait a week if so.

I went to a vaccine clinc VA and they literally did not care. They just want to put shots in arms

My only symptom is I felt hotter than usual but not feverish. I went for an 8 mile walk the day after my shot and it felt nice being out in the cold when i felt so hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

It was already on my to-do list! Wife wants to wait til week 14 before she gets her shot, though.

Basically, this news has changed my plans from "sometime in the next two weeks" to "within the next 3 days."

it's too late

you've been hit by
you've been touched by
the Omicron variant