Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
resumes are there to get you an interview imho. that thing screams insecurity and wouldn't be effective as its so broad. i assume as a senior dev type you are choosy and looking for specific jobs that are a fit, unlike a new grad casting a wide net to get their career going.

i would tend to tailor the resume around the job i was aiming for (try to get a 1:1 on the job posting without lying) for about 3/4 of the page, then the remainder filler to make myself seem well-rounded. in principle the job posting represents a set of tasks or responsibilities they want offloaded, and the resume's job is just to convince them you're worth bringing in to judge for fit for that role. nothing more. the person/ai making this decision on a first level filter doesn't understand any of that poo poo on your resume means, they* are just doing a A/B comparison to the job posting.

by the time they got to me for a technical interview, nothing on the resume mattered. id barely glance at it so i would have a few things to chat about, but the interview process dominated the decision making process.

hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Rudeboy Detective posted:

what makes earth so interesting to rad aliens? our skateboard videos?

they find our quaint cultural practices adorable and enjoy studying us. like take this fellow poster, asking strangers how to present themselves correctly to other strangers lol

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
lmao

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

strong mexican soap opera vibes

i love it

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i am not surprised the gateway tapes are so effective, seeing how they hijack that fancy auditory processing wetware to do... something

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
fake concocted phony fabricated completely bogus

this tho?
:swoon:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tekne posted:

the future is char broiled

i want to
believe grill

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
even if they were fake real as hell btw breaking the toe off via mishandling is both super rude and deeply hilarious

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
imagining a movie with a plot similar to district 9, but instead of total segregation the visitors are 'integrated' and do grubhub for a living

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
wonks-only sign

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Not being able to use nukes is supremely good. Ability to destroy the world is not a security measure, cause everyone lives on the same planet. Hope this helps

mcnamara-ishly: no, that doesn't help at all

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Orbs posted:

Even if they don't care that much about humanity/individual humans dying, if us loving up the planet fucks it up for them too, they could still care a lot about what we do. Like if they're native/extradimensional to earth, or trying to immigrate here from elsewhere, or something. Famines and weather catastrophes don't normally carry the same existential risk for the environment/planet.

a full nuclear exchange goes too far. you can't kill all the people! at least some need to stick around and you know, suffer. delicious, delicious suffering :yum:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
vulcan salute is tridactyl mummy disclosure

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Carp posted:

Hacking the planet with reruns.

Cultural colonialism can be used to bring the human race into sync. We must respect each other, all of us, everywhere on the globe. Soon. Desperately soon. I see a coming complexity fold, and whether our species is present in some conscious way atop this next fractal-like expansion is entirely dependent on it.

We can use the idealism of the American dream and the morals of syndicated family television up until the early 2000s, or so, as guideposts when communicating new ideas across world cultures. Nearly the entire human world now understands these complex, potent, tightly-packed-for-profit shared symbols like:

* The golden rule
* Self-destructive behavior ultimately leads to one's undoing.
* It is how you play the game, not whether you win or lose.
* Honoring one's family and community is far more fulfilling than fame.
* The emperor has no clothes.
* Hard work leads to more substantial gain than shortcuts.
* Do not punch down.
* Exploitation is corrosive.
* Making a positive change in yourself is far easier than trying to control those around you.
* The melting pot of ideas from around the world, the diversity, and how a functional, egalitarian society requires it.
[...]

It was embedded in the episodes, carried as an obligation to the FCC. It became cheap to translate and distribute across the world. Local studios would later mix and match the big data of western television to create local variations on the theme.

It is all there. Perhaps with the help of AI, we can create large symbolic chunks, combining them into narratives to support the big picture health of us and the planet, which can be projected into all languages, infinitely translatable.

been saying this

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i whistle, she dances. its not a bad relationship
https://i.imgur.com/pLizae1.mp4

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

captainbananas posted:

hell, wheeler thought there was just one electron. haha why not

of all the cool and true things in this thread, this is definitely truest

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
teaching a bewildered child about the birds and the breads

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
as the snow flies
on a cold and gray chicago mornin'
a poor little baby child is born
in the soul ghetto
(in the soul ghetto)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Hooplah posted:

it's weird. he's claiming in such a nonchalant way that for years they've been building these electrostatic contraptions that produce thrust

oh and they named them stuff like brak and space ghost which makes me want to believe him more

i kept waiting for when he'd bring up mark mccandlish but he never did. pretty surprising given how interesting (not necessarily plausible) his story was. also that he died from an apparent suicide a year or two ago

why files are spooks burying the actual story, so you can rest assured that mark mccandlish is a thing

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

This post led me to this podcast and it seems neat. It isn't showing an episode for me for the 19th though, and the previous ones don't mention that stuff in the summary, was it the episode posted on the 18th or a previous one?

And let THEM get ahold of it??? I don't think so
posted 16 hours ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZRwlYtAMps

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

exponential growth on a log plot!? disco stu would approve

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Wait that graph actually sucks poo poo lol why would you rank by time other than to try and focus attention on your incredible progress

Why would you rank these in this way at all -- is this in any way normal practice in actual science fields? Wouldn't you try and do some kind of visualization that shows various geometry types vs efficiency, and then label the points with the date of test?

Or what's the rigorous way of describing what I'm thinking of? Something like how in paleontology there will be charts that can show say the kind of molars such and such animals had. Then you can do things like group them or make predictions about what a tooth half way between would look like, or the behavior of an animal with this missing example tooth.

So you could do your x & y as input power & newtons, or whatever is what is best applicable. Then color your data points based on "species" -- engine geometry & qualities. Then label it by test date. Do a separate line chart or some poo poo if you need to focus on how your effective progress is. Yeah?

If you want to push this thing past a certain region in the chart you need to map it, you're literally mapping the effect space? Is this not the right take on this or what?

i think you are looking for reasons not to like this presentation, which im pretty sure you didn't watch :iiam:

that is the last chart shown before q&a, designed to summarize their incredible progress. within the presentation they did a high level overview of different generations of configurations and high level results along the way - thats where you see your micronewton results, etc. this pic is a nice high level summary of the engineering process (vs scientific process) as they iteratively hill climb on performance (which they define as "being able to pick itself up", more or less)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Grey posted:

He said he regrets mentioning the giant buried UAP now.

it's easier to pretend to be ignorant when no one knows you have info

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
im an expert and ive analyzed the evidence and its clearly skytrash :colbert:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

oh poo poo now the dot site is dead for me entirely

is it happening

we need a total and complete shutdown of interpreting dot until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
elite spermjacker squad?? clearly mossad

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

i haven’t checked in with UFOs since I turned on that cspan hearing at work almost a year ago. what’s happened since then besides my coworkers thinking im insane?

they need to know about the mummies. tell them about the mummies, op

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
check it out, they have three fingers, and titanium eggs. goddamn! tell the world

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

:swoon:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

meltdown may is here and its good :getin:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

wait is this the same scaramucci that was trump's press secretary for like three days

are you not entertained??

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
aint you the boys always time traveling in meh shed???

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

https://youtu.be/mygOFMH6-Ts

this guy is such a goony bastard, goddamn

still got a long shot bet that a lot of this is bullshit cooked up by puthoff and co to create a fake existence proof for their propulsion/etc exotic project funding

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Hatebag posted:

that would be funny if humans were created to make earth into a ufo gas station

british empire meeting indigenous peoples, just to colonize them and setup a coaling station

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Rickshaw posted:

If this is the same guy I used to follow on youtube (sounds like him) then he's an electric universe crank and his interest in space weather is that he thinks it causes earthquakes

been saying this

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

bird thread, the sun stalks the sky during the day and haunts my dreams during the night

good luck

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

also this

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

i wonder if he's refering to sue gough specifically

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/whistleblower-alleges-us-government-is-covering-up-alien-life-at-UFO-hearing-180982614/

quote:

Yet, no hearing has revealed definitive evidence of life beyond Earth. Grusch said he hasn’t personally witnessed any UFOs, and he refused to publicly give specifics on some of the details of his claims, citing security concerns. Still, he said he would be more forthcoming behind closed doors.

“As a former intelligence officer, I go to jail for revealing classified information,” he said at the hearing.

When asked whether anyone had been harmed or injured to cover up information about extraterrestrial technology, Grusch answered yes. But when asked if anyone had been murdered, he said he had to be careful and had “directed people with that knowledge to the appropriate authorities.” Grusch also alleged that the military had misused funds allocated for other programs to try to reverse-engineer some of the supposedly non-human technology.

Sue Gough, a spokesperson for the Pentagon, tells NBC News’ Michael Mitsanas that Grusch’s claims are false. Grusch first went public with his remarks last month.

The Department of Defense is “committed to timely and thorough reporting to Congress,” about UFOs, Gough tells NBC News. It “has not discovered any verifiable information to substantiate claims that any programs regarding the possession or reverse-engineering of extraterrestrial materials have existed in the past or exist currently.”

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Lpzie posted:

I like to think somewhere out there, there's someone having a great time on a great planet. living a great life.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
first world military junta