Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

crispix posted:

NORMAN

NORMAN!!!!!!!!!! NOW THE TALIBANS IN PUDDING NORTON ARE TELLING THE YOUNG WOMEN THEY CAN'T GO OUT WITHOUT COVERING THEMSELVES UP

NO NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S DIFFERENT I ONLY SCOLDED THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE DRESSED LIKE TARTS, OH YOU ARE OBTUSE, NORMAN :mad:

that's a good norman :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

mediaphage posted:

Nelson residents fight to overturn Pendle Council tree plantation
ANGRY residents in Nelson are bidding to overturn Pendle Council's decision to plant fruit trees on a nearby recreation ground.

i'd love to see a map correlating trees with criminal activity

Top bants in the comments. 'dogging theme parks'

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I ripped my entire collection using Media Player only to find that it's left a bunch of errors, so occasionally parts of the song will be replaced by digital noise for a ¼ of a second. Very annoying.

Is there a ripper that uses parity checking? iTunes has an error correction feature but I don't know if it's 100%

This is what I use

https://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The Perfect Element posted:

The micro USB port on my s7 is hosed (cables just fall out if I don't position the phone and cable to within a millionth of a millimetre of the right position , as the port I think has been eroded after years of sleepily trying to plug the jack in the wrong way. Micro USB sucks so much) . I've owned this phone for like... 6 years now, and other than the charging it still works perfectly.

I really don't wanna upgrade, because it seems so wasteful when this phone does literally everything I need it to. Other than recharge.

Does the thread hive mind have any suggestions about what I could do? It doesn't seem like an easy fix.

Counterpoint to all the above advice, is that thing still getting security updates? If not then you really shouldn't be using it, especially for banking or shopping

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Jedit posted:

S7s are on quarterly updates now, but they're still being updated. As of next year they will only receive necessary updates, though, so it's time to upgrade.

That's alright then (for now). There was a dude in the anroid thread recently who got his dong pics distributed round his nearest and dearest using an ancient J7 after getting sent an infected file in a chat

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm getting inexplicably frustrated at the constant use of the word jab/jabbed/jabbing in the news for people being vaccinated, it feels too much like your weird 'tots/boffins' tabloid language and it rubs me up the wrong way

I heard all the kids love stabbing these days so we should call it that

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

forkboy84 posted:

Hope UEFA ban Sterling for being a cheat and he at least misses the final.

https://twitter.com/Coldwar_Steve/status/1412803094979690497

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

In these modern enlightened times you can get decking with grooves on both sides, crazy stuff

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bobstar posted:

If the scores are level at full time, they should be forced to keep playing until one team scores two goals in a row, like that Isner-Mahut tennis match :colbert:

This is my football opinion

That's when the multiball starts, with the lights in the stadium going mental and sandstorm plays over the PA

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/notoriousBIGDP/status/1414324609411911683

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Went to some cricket in Bristol last Sunday and the covid checks were incredibly lax. Ignoring the fact you can just lie to get proof of a negative test there was zero actual scanning

I could have shown the dude the QR code from my Tesco club card and that would have been enough

The bag searching was pretty thorough as standard though

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Yikes

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

josh04 posted:

The fifteen minutes is for the severe unexpected anaphylaxis in response to the plastic they put in it,

Ah that's the chip right :hmmyes:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Aidan_702 posted:

Hey any of you seen the Jess Philips stuff? Thought I’d just lob that grenade here

I've seen Twitter getting horny :gonk:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

serious gaylord posted:

If you are able, I would suggest you keep a 2-3 week supply of non essential items such as dry pet foods/non perishable food stuffs and the like.

I am expecting we're going to get a frankly catastrophic supply chain failure in the very near future.

We'll recover from it fairly quickly, I imagine through a rapid relaxation of the rules governing driver qualifications/entry visas but it might be very very painful in about a month.

Stock up on sex arses, gotcha

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Soylent Yellow posted:

The container transport that blocked the Suez a few months back is being unloaded. Shouldn't there be a glut of sex arses?

Can't be too careful

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Jakabite posted:

They said non-essential

Don't judge me

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

HopperUK posted:

This marshmallow flavoured cider I bought tastes like fuckin jelly babies. Just because I'm an infant baby and want sweet things I am being *punished*. Who taste tested this? How is this marshmallow flavour?

I'm going to have to learn to enjoy beer at this rate.

quite honestly you deserve everything you get for even considering buying it

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

OwlFancier posted:

Ok so you didn't get bolsonaro trump or johnson but can you manage this one?

https://twitter.com/sam_bambs/status/1428782585811963904

The state of the replies on that

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Mebh posted:

Pro tip for everyone. Just get a box of covid tests. They're free and then you have them if you're ever unsure.

Our local pharmacy seems desperate to get rid of their stock, I got two packs with my last prescription and I didn't have much choice in the matter

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Seconding money dashboard, once you set it up it's really good

Just being able to see at a glance how much I'll have left at the end of the month is great

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Overminty posted:

How do they work with regards to things like one time codes or card readers? Do they just get a separate api for access or do you need to provide them ways of getting that info?

It doesnt use passwords or anything, there's a new(ish) API that allows them all to talk to your bank

You have to re authorise it every so often

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

still no captain tom :sigh:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oh I wondered who that was, rip I guess

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

ok keith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Drone_Fragger posted:

Yeah I mean wouldn’t it be funny if we decided it would be a waste of court time for simple things like “is it a human rights abuse to strip people of British citizenship unilaterally and leave them stateless” but an alpaca having an infectious disease against the law is allowed to waste 4 years of it.

Im not really that fussed I just wanted to make a Keith joke