Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

gently caress MARGIT

This boss is the single most infurating poo poo I have ever dealt with in Soulsborne, that includes Friede and Isshin. I feel like I need to grind 100 more levels. gently caress this bullshit boss so goddamned much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I want to play but I can't decide on a starting class and/or build. Ugh.

Samurai comes with a Bow, a Katana, and Quality-Build starting stats. It's real good.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I think Ulcerated Tree Spirit is bugged. After landing 2 criticals it simply stopped attacking. Literally frozen in place while I wail on it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

skasion posted:

Where tf is Ulcerated Tree Spirit, seems like everyone has fought this guy except me

Use a Stone Key on the imp statue in the tutorial cave. There's also a Talisman down there that's effectively the Ring of Favor from previous souls games.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Zore posted:

I really like the rusty anchor. It rules and only takes 26 str.

I want to beat poo poo to death with an anchor. Where did you find it?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

No Wave posted:

I didn't realize they changed how invasions worked. You can only get invaded if you're already co-oping with someone. This is a perfect change, absolutely love it.

I like fighting off invaders and have been wondering why none have shown up for a scrap.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a Bleeding whetstone?
I have a neeeeeeeed.

I found an Ash that adds bleeding. Along the road to Mistwood is a Noble who asks you to take his fort back. Do that and the NPC you fight at the top of the fort drops it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Kin posted:

Sigh, gently caress this bloodhound knight boss. No matter what i do, he's too fast for me. I can't dodge, i can't block and i cant even move away from him to recover at all.

Is there some gimmicky way to beat him?

Unironically stay close to him. His swings are super telegraphed and he never attacks more than 3 times. Punish his openings, especially after his big overhead swings or his jump. He's also vulnerable to bleed.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

A talking coyote posted:

This games not really clicking for me. I’ve been playing for a few hours and nothings really happening? I cleared out some caves and some ruins on the beach but I still don’t even know how to level up so I’ve lost thousands of souls at this point. I tried following the light path and it just took me to a gate with a shitload of archers and some giant rear end in a top hat who one shot me.

Im glad people seem to be enjoying it I guess, but this might be the first soulsborne that’s just not for me.

Are you playing with a blindfold on? The guy outside the tutorial cave tells you exactly what you need to do. Follow the golden wisps to a site of grace, receive maiden, now you can level up. There's even one right in front of the gate with the archers and giant.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I found the Sword made of Swords and I want to reroll STR. Is it just me or does Quality feel kinda weak?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I fought a NPC invader who was shooting nuclear arrows at me. I'm respeccing INT.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I cheesed Redan with scarlet rot, no regrets.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Has anyone figured out a cheese strat for these loving gargoyles beyond "respec sorcery?" Nobody's putting down co-op signs and my mimic tear is about as helpful as a fart in the wind.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

As usual "complain on internet" is always the best strategy.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tbh I forgot parrying was a thing until I started fighting Crucible Kights on the regular.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

If there's a boss you hate there's a solid chance they can be cheesed with Scarlet Rot & kiting.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I got the pumpkin helmet off one by a camp in Altus, it's heavy af but fashion is the endgame.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Nyoro posted:

It would be cool if Keen wasn't bugged to make you lose damage at +25 unlike every other infusion :argh:

Wait what? Maxing out a weapon lowers the damage?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Ngl I feel like Astel took a wrong turn at Yharnam and wound up at The Lands Between.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I started powerstancing Whip+Urumi and it's everything I'd hoped it would be. :allears:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Is there a way down to the volcano manor area under the bridge without using the "teleport?"

Patches kicked me down there.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tekopo posted:

I'm thinking of using the pizza cutter just because i find it funny to cut up bosses with it. Is it at all viable?

Rule of cool is the way to go.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Pouring out a 40 for Hoarfrost Stomp. That wasn't a nerf, that was a late abortion.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Leyendell feels like a shoutout to Anor Londo. Big empty city that was home to literal gods, elite soldiers who try to zap you with lightning, bizarre architecture leading to treasure corpses, etc.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I'm dual-wielding the Ice Rapier+Antspur Rapier so everything I freeze gets Scarlet Rot. It's super handy vs bosses and tanky foes like the sewer Ogres.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

These mountain dudes are 2shotting me dear lord.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I haven't seen a single bird boss yet

Where must I go to conquer the birds

There's a spooky bird boss in Liurna, near the academy. Mine died randomly after going airborne, maybe yours won't.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Infinite Karma posted:

I agree, twinblades are rad with their own unique+ very fast moveset, and double unique when you powerstance twinblades.

I want to do this but this game *hates* the idea of players having anything approaching an excess of smithing stones.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

GloomMouse posted:

being STR melee-only while standing outside the flower aoe is just... wtf is this poo poo, fromsoft :mad:. at least they didn't give her crucible knight poise i guess

Throw fire pots at the flowers, it stuns them and burns the toxic pollen away.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

PvP (and damage) in this game is utterly hosed. I'm being oneshot by magic and moonveil slashes. Just not even going to bother with this poo poo.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

What's the closest thing to pre-nerf Hoarfrost Stomp since it got aborted? gently caress these Dual-Wielding knights in Castle Sol.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Finding out you can destroy them blew my mind

what

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Much like Dark Souls 2, Strike damage seems to clown everything. It's very handy vs crystal spear guy and the miner zombies.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Today I noticed wolves chasing an invisible scarab.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

boloney posted:

What are these things and why are pieces of them all over the map

You'll find out as you progress.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Okay Malenia restoring HP on hit is BULLSHIT. She already has rapid anime slashes, and that bigass combo is literally unavoidable.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I swear I am this close to installing cheats. It feels like my only options to beat Malenia is respec INT and spam Moonveil's weapon art or chug the physic and melt her with comet azure.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Got Malenia to practically 1 HP, waterfowl dance. gently caress OFF.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I want to find whoever decided to give Malenia heal-on-hit and waterfowl dance their face with a rolled up newspaper

Or a chainsaw. Every attempt I've made on this boss has ended abruptly with this boss becoming an unstoppable blender. It's RNG bullshit. If the boss decides not to use Waterfowl, I have a chance of winning. Otherwise I'm hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE