Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looking forward to cooping a Soulslike again! I wonder if there will be pvp as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

One day, From will rediscover and learn from the ancient records, and the graphics on level three will finally be tightened

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This game sounds like exactly what I wanted, hell yeah

Any word about pvp or have they just talked about co-op only so far?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BotW was very mediocre outside of Hyrule Castle, where it became insanely good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ulio posted:

Ya imo even more than Bethesda, I am hyped for Obsidian getting the Microsoft triple a budget they still have potential meanwhile Bethesda's rpg's have been getting worse and worse. Ya the gunplay has improved from F3 to F4 but all the rpg elements have suffered. I have the Outer Worlds in my backlog, I wonder how that is.

lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dark Souls 2 2 Scholar of the Second Sin lookin good

e: It's everything I've wanted lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 10, 2021

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can't believe that the Elden Ring was Halo all along

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Halo is the Chaos Bed. A terrible mistake created by trying to imitate something irreplaceable in a medium unsuited to it.

I can't believe the Elden Ring was the loop from Marathon Infinity all along

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"Thank You Dark Souls" was also a good one

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm super excited to go through a new Dark Souls dark fantasy action role playing adventure game in co-op from start to finish

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Going to turn that beautiful wretch into a horse-ridin' battlemage

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

feeble bound hollowed ashen bloody one-armed tarnished hosed-up little man

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Spoil me on this: is there a way to guarantee seeing summon signs from friends? If we know?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I think there's a password system like the previous soulses, dunno if there's anything beyond that though

All I need lol thanks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm naming my guy Sir Goodmen in honor of the gurm, getting a lance, getting a horse, and looking for a soul spear or god willing, an un-nerfed hex spell

What's everyone else's game plan

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The nude wretch was assumed

Willfrey posted:

sure, ditch your friends over a video game great advice

Yes, indeed

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope the coolest armor in the game once again has the deep lore backstory of "the last guy who wore this poo poo his pants"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I immediately died

Good to be back

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I miss kicking already

Also not sure if it's server or what but the game keeps stopping then catching back up, little annoying

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Inzombiac posted:

A dang dog bit me in twain!

Wolves hunt in packs, Tarnished

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

seeing loot on a ledge way above you that you can't reach

exquisite

It could be mine. It should be mine. Give it to me!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

haha so i keep dying maidenless to the beastman in a wolf cave. i put up my summon stone for a break and came back summoned and lmao, the dude i was helpnig was firing off laser beams and had full armor and shields n poo poo, one shotting the wolf and big chunking the boss, while im roiling around with my stupid stump

The trick to that guy is to get a shield and big-dick shield counter him forever

The wolves before him killed me when the game stuttered though, so with that and the crafting being kind of eh I'm forced to give Elden Ring merely a 9/10

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't understand, these npcs aren't chuckling or cackling at me all the time

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got murdered a lot by a lovely little gargoyle before turning around and going somewhere else. If I wanted I could have jumped off a cliff for somewhere else even!

Khanstant posted:

i'll have to go back and try again. I got him down to one more hit, but then I got greedy and died and can't be bothered since I might just die on the way to the level-up place anyway lol. his swings are timed really well to gently caress you if you spam dodge roll, instead of delay for the right moment. but if you keep on him he will use his overhead chop move that lets you get in several good hits.

Something I appreciate is that if you always go for a shield counter you'll get owned, because some enemies keep moving, and move to a perfect position to react to your counterattack. A lot of enemies will delay or extend their charge or thrust for you to stop rolling too. It's so good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I guess I should just level up this club and pair of pants, I haven't actually found anything else yet and the boss at the castle is showing me my damage is really not up to snuff lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I guess I'll go fight Margit when I'm not level 2, using something that's not the club+0, and also when I have a shirt

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yesssssss thank you

E: first boss meaning tree sentinel or margit?

tree sentinel is totally gundyr on a horse

Tree Sentinel can do the exact same thing you can do where you hold down heavy attack and just run into enemies and instant kill them lmao

It also instantly killed me, which is fair

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Phoix posted:

For people who want to PvP as much as possible -

Once you make it to the hub area the invader boss you can fight in the hall drops an item that makes it more likely to be invaded

How do you fight that boss? I didn't see one in there or a sign or anything.

Shear Modulus posted:

bloodstain? i don't believe it!

I bought the chainmail shirt from the merchant in the church

Look at Uncle Moneybags here, with his limitless shirt funds

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

treat posted:

game looks okay but weird that you middle aged weirdos care about video games still. don't you have a house to paint or stock options to adjust or something?

How long do you think it takes to fiddle with stocks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Can you use ashes in boss fights? I just found the bell but had to call it a night

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

yo, this was a cool video and I'm glad to see R2 is no longer useless

That guy has like twice my health lmao

Explains a lot

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just how much did I actually miss if people are level 25 before Margit and I'm level 2 lmao? How is the game this big?

I'm still pretty negative on the crafting though. It doesn't really add anything to me.

e: Def goin' Quality though for a build, those spells look loving sick

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

boop the snoot posted:

Early game spoiler question. Please do not give me any details that aren’t necessary.

i did not take the plunge. I don’t know what the plunge is. I went a completely different direction. Did I miss anything super important that I should maybe give attention to?

You won't die

It's the tutorial, it loops back to where you went instead

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SHISHKABOB posted:

I mean, it's an open world game. You can just run around and find caves and poo poo.

I feel like I did a lot of that lmao, it took hours to even be able to level up. I thought maybe runes were just rarer than souls

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Orv posted:

So just in response to the people who have played a chunk and feel like "It's just a Souls game and I've seen it before," I think that's a fair take but I think the game also does itself a massive disservice by having its opening area being semi-generic. poo poo gets extremely hosed later on and while it's still very Souls, they definitely back loaded the new mobs and weird poo poo.

It is pretty funny just how much of a Dark Souls it is though

I was joking it's Dark Souls 2 2 but actually, it completely is

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mailer posted:

Margit down using the power of... the same spell I've been using since the game started. Also the NPC summon and jellyfish, who probably did 90% of the work. No idea how Faith is working out but having 2/3 of the usable spells so far be your starter spells feels wrong. I could probably upgrade and mod my shortsword to do split scaling and beat the hell out of magic.

I thought you couldn't use the spirits with summons? Do NPC summons not count?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't really understand why there are two co-op items and the one is a crafting item. The consumable crafting item puts it down wherever, the permanent one puts it down around those statue things in the places where you'd want to put it down anyway.

Kind of just feels superfluous

Deviant posted:

wouldn't 2 handing immediately get me murdered because i am made of paper and shame?

Two handing's worked pretty well so far with my lovely club, especially with guard counters. Keep in mind a guard counter prevents you from taking damage.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 25, 2022

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BTW the adventure guide is basically a ten page pamphlet lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Deviant posted:

You have this because you let the lady hug you. it trades HP for poise.

Isn't that only if you actually equip the item?

e: Oh it lingers until you do, gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hobbez posted:

Lmao at so many people being convinced by that video to role tarnished and then everyone coming in here like “BEEN NAKED TOO LONG WHERE IS STAFF”

What video

Wretch life best life