Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Who could possibly give a gently caress what Scott Morrison listens to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

freebooter posted:

They're badly down in the Newspoll:

https://theconversation.com/view-from-the-hill-morrison-and-coalition-sink-in-newspoll-on-the-back-of-rollout-shambles-164699

When Shorten lost what seemed like an unloseable election I thought that was it, for sure, we were stuck with another Howard era. And I thought that even more when their approval shot up after the pandemic started. But the way things have been going lately, and the fact they've probably lost a lot of support in Victoria after all the sniping and Sydney favouritism, they could actually be hosed by the next election.

Australians will tolerate just about anything from a Coalition government.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
If I was PM I would simply not have problems in the first place.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Phigs posted:

So it's looking like the 2nd Pfizer shot is only good at preventing COVID for around 2 months (though still pretty good at reducing severity). Then you gotta get a booster. Which the data suggests maybe lasts 6 months before weakening but the data isn't good so who knows.

So. We effectively gotta get people 3 jabs because by the time we get enough people on 2 jabs the earlier people will need their 3rd. Then by the time we get everyone vaccinated we'll have a short breather before needing to do it all over again. Not at all a endless logistical nightmare for our health system.

Proper quarantine probably would have been easier I reckon.

Feigl-Ding is a known bullshit artist.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

alf_pogs posted:

we can save apocalyptic language for the bushfire season tbh

I look forward to the new variant that starts fires and spreads via smoke.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Lolie posted:

The media will eat her alive. I wonder how long she'll stick to that decision.

She doesn't have to talk to them so who cares!

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Labor is addicted to airlifting former premiers into federal parliament. They can't help themselves.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

JBP posted:

Alice Workman 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

Man she is trash. Can't believe I used to think she was a decent journalist.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Scathing opposition as ever from Minns:

https://twitter.com/ChrisMinnsMP/status/1443794553308205056

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I find it incredibly bizarre that we're being used as propaganda in American far right media.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

bell jar posted:

play semantics all you want, if it was a good policy it would have been easy to communicate and to understand

Tony Abbott was the best policymaker in living memory,

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

yoloer420 posted:

Shortage of urea, used to make diesel anti-pollution additive AdBlue, threatens to grind Australia to a halt, transport industry warns

Source

Could it be bad? Maybe!

poo poo I guess without trucks Australia really does stop.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Halo14 posted:

Rumors there's an emergency cabinet meeting for NSW to keep the mask and restriction mandate in place until after xmas. Hopefully that's true.

Dom won’t make the right call. He’s not capable.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Imagine thinking Hildebrand is on the left.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

The Peccadillo posted:

I will never understand the whinging or the bloviating. Several million people are dead

Several million dead people are worth less than Joe’s ability to go to the pub or whatever.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Spookydonut posted:

Is Dutton's seat secure enough?

It will be if he's made leader. Australians are nothing if not obedient voters.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

I'm pretty sure it auto checks you out after 24 hours.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Boojum posted:

Is anyone aware of how the Qld CHO is selected?

I am genuinely interested in how we went from Doctor Young to this stone cold weirdo.

Let's face it you'd have to be a weirdo to want the CHO job right now.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

freebooter posted:

Melbourne-Sydney high-speed rail is easily the most unhinged political issue in this country. I know otherwise reasonable people from all over the political spectrum who think it's a slam-dunk no-brainer of an infrastructure project that we should've started building 10 years ago based on nothing more than fond memories about the one time they caught a high-speed train while backpacking in Japan or Spain.

High speed rail rules and is good.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

lih posted:

lol there's already reports of senior NSW Libs talking about wanting to roll Perrottet because they think he's handled things so badly by totally ditching all Covid measures in December against health advice that it will surely cost them the 2023 election

He really has been a disaster but what are people gonna do? Vote Labor?

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
We’re not equipped culturally or economically to deal with a crisis like this.

Culturally the inevitable “I’m tired of this so it’s over now” has happened, because the west just hasn’t had to experience this sort of thing in living memory. We’re too petulant and privileged a society to accept the likely permanent change that’s required.

Economically, well, capitalism. We’ve all seen how this goes with regards to sacrificing people’s health on the altar of productivity.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Everyone will forget once the election campaign is under way in earnest and we just hear about LAYBA WASTE.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Nah they're garbage and the older I get the more offended I am by them.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Animal Friend posted:

what ever happened to Dio Wang?

Got punched in the shin and lost his seat in 2016.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

I was really hoping he actually said loaf of milk.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Konomex posted:

So we're having two half elections then.

Antony Green has been insisting on Twitter for weeks that this is not going to happen.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
If there’s another spill I hope Dutton gets outplayed again and we end up with Frydenberg just for maximum comedy.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
For real though they need like 60 MPs/Senators to want to roll Morrison for it to happen. It seems unlikely.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Senor Tron posted:

As Carr says, party rules don't really mean much if you end up in a situation where a majority of them want to do it anyway.

Sure but that doesn’t mean two thirds of them are willing to put their name to it. It’s a pretty high bar.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I dunno how I ever got my pen license. I don’t think my handwriting has improved since year 4.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

What happened to Antony's face?

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Eediot Jedi posted:

Grace Tame risks distorting a very righteous cause as more focus on her side-eye antics and bong smoking than her message.

Yes how silly of her to release that image of the bong. Her advisors need to step up.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Tasmania no loving way

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Senor Tron posted:

You love to see it (the gaps been decreasing as pre-polls are counted so Marshall is almost certainly going to win his seat back, but still).

Honestly he'd probably prefer to lose it at this rate.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

They are dealing with some of the most deranged qanon style questions coming from rusted on boomer Labor voters give them a break

But what if Scomo just cancels all elections forever???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

freebooter posted:

Playing around with the election calculator on ABC:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/federal/2022/guide/calculator

And if you feed in a reasonable scenario from all the latest polling it's entirely possible both Frydenberg and Dutton lose their seats. Who's the heir apparent if that happens? Most of the rest of the recognisable cabinet members are either senators or retiring.

It's time for Tony to return to parliament.