Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I got a steam deck and it rules. The trackpad makes controls so much nicer than a typical console controller for a PC gamer weak fingered baby like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Do you all use a case or skin on your deck? What about a screen protector?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm assuming the screen is like, gorilla glass or some poo poo, right? Like a phone? And screen protectors do affect touch sensitivity/accuracy a little.

I do kinda want to put a d-brand skin on mine though

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I have multiple OLED things, the steam deck screen is just fine

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I feel like a dumbass. I'm trying to get Diablo 4 going on my steam deck and am following this guide: https://overkill.wtf/how-to-install-the-diablo-iv-beta-on-steam-deck/

I get to step 5. I hit "play" on the launcher installer, it sits on "running" in Steam, but nothing appears and nothing happens.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

I’m not sure honestly because that’s pretty much the guide I followed and it works fine? Maybe you missed a step in there?

I repeated them just to make sure. I don't know wtf. Maybe I'll turn it off and on again.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Vic posted:

I just used Lutris: Press + and type in Battle.net

I don't know what this is but I'm gonna find out!!!!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Athanatos posted:

What proton ge version are you using? There have been some since this guide, maybe it now needs a newer one?

Also, are you launching from Game Mode or still in Desktop? I had to launch it in desktop the first time (and set it fullscreen).

edit: Yeah, folks love Lutris too.

Desktop mode and I was on the default compatibility mode because the guide says "During the beta, it was important to choose GE-Proton 7.51 or Proton Experimental. Follow our guide here to learn how to install GE-Proton. But it seems, it now works without pre-selecting a compatibility layer."

I will try Lutris, that looks useful!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Athanatos posted:

I'd try the newest Proton-GE compat since you already did the pre-steps, but yeah, Lutris also works and is nice for things on Epic Games Launcher and the 6000 free games they've given that never get any love.

okay that's awesome, I wanted to try the Expanse game on the Epic store actually on my steam deck! Gonna do that after work, thanks gang, teamwork makes the dream work

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Okay gently caress yeah installing Diablo 4 now, Battle.net works flawlessly, Lutris made that so easy. Cheers pals.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you’re posting that in a thread for people who bought a $500 Linux device

hell yeah i did

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

TwoStoryHouseCat posted:

So... anyone gotten a second deck to use as a controller for their docked deck? Is it as good as it sounds?

are you okay

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Would it be possible to install cyberpunk mods onto my steam deck?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

linus is an idiot

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

53 is old as gently caress sorry

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

like $775 CAD after tax for the 512gb, i just cannot justify that right now when my current steam deck works just fine :smith:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

god dammit I really want an OLED steam deck..................

should I sell my LCD one and get it?!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i will not stop

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

sniffing my vent right now

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lol

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Eve online got deck verified.

oh no

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

does helldivers 2 work at all on the deck?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Well enough if you dont care at all about performance

k thanks, appreciate it, I'll give it a shot

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

Be careful changing proton versions on DD2. Apparently it triggers denuvo

what a shitshow

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dramicus posted:

Every time I pass through Canadian customs, they swab my deck for drugs. They don't bother swabbing my switch. I'm not joking.

good, all steam deck users especially americans should be put through secondary every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Windows 11 is fine