Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Thinking about getting a deck, but I can only really afford the cheapest model. How does this thing run games off an sd card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I just bought a deck, so be prepared to become tech support for a dummy, deck thread.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

What is decky?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

My deck is showing up Thursday, has anyone played Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines on one? Very much want to replay that.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Heran Bago posted:

Someone has, but getting it working with the official patch looks like a PITA.

Bummer, but maybe I’ll give it a shot.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Got my deck today, very large machine. Anyone have a recommendation for a cheapish wireless mouse and keyboard I can use with the deck+dock?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The aperture science tech demo was fun and informative.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Currently trying to play, and make a control scheme that works for, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Barreft posted:

god speed.

I'm still planning on trying Ultima Underworld one of these days

Accidentally reverted all my changes just after getting it usable :smithicide: I thought the revert would just undo the last thing I changed not reset the whole drat thing

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Barreft posted:

Oh god yeah make sure you export all the time

Lesson learned. Game runs great on the deck, btw. How’s black Mesa run on the deck? Thinking about buying it eventually.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mescal posted:

i've tried to do that so many times lol
i've spent hours playing it but i've never actually played it because i couldn't make a good one

The real problem is the analog stick is not very good at emulating wasd. Every other action I’ve got set up and working for me, but movement is pretty janky.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mescal posted:

re:dark messiah

for me it was the right stick. maybe it's mouse acceleration or something, but I couldn't get the aiming to work right with gamepad. I haven't been able to try it on deck tho, it wouldn't launch.

Works with proton 7.0-6 for me. The right stick issue is just something you need to fiddle with until it feels good.

homeless snail posted:

Have you tried the analog emulation mode?

I just tried that and it seems a lot smoother now, thanks for the tip.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Playing left 4 dead 2 on the deck is making me wish all fps games felt as good on a controller as killing floor 2.

E: dropping a lot of frames on the recommended settings

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Is there a way to copy a control scheme from one game to another automatically? Dusk controls and feels pretty much perfect out of the box and I want to make that the feel for all my fps games.

E: probably not, turns out dusk has actual controller support and that’s why it works so well

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 14, 2023

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I might get one of this Bluetooth ten keys to use as a mini keyboard. Should be enough keys to cover the basics of any fps

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The back buttons on the deck are so drat good, I’m thinking of saving up for the stupid expensive elite Dualsense.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Does anyone know which setting I should fiddle with to turn off Gordon’s X-ray vision in black mesa?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah, that worked thanks. Now I just need to get the controls to feel good. Or finally get a wireless mouse and keyboard and set up my dock.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have so many versions of proton installed and I have no idea what the differences are, or even what proton is or does. But I don’t care as long as I can play games.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The deck has spoiled me. Playing ps5 for the first time since I got the deck and I miss the back buttons and the gyro aiming something fierce.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Has anyone used one of these? Are these type of keyboards any good?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Man the stalker games are battery hogs.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Lord Lambeth posted:

it doesn't seem like there is a ton of good ways to play poker on steam but consider Tabletop Simulator

You get poker, plus a ton of other boring non-video games.

Seeing Arkham Horror in the workshop is making me mighty curious about Tabletop Simulator. Gonna pick it up when I got some free money.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Truga posted:

i played eldritch horror with tabletop simulator and while it is much smoother to play than the actual tabletop version, the text is gonna be way too small to play comfortably on a deck you're gonna be zooming and panning a fuckton

I’d probably be playing that docked.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

So what I’m picking up from this last page or so is I should not get a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Probably buying this and this to deck on my tv.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I think it’s neat :)

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

All the fences in Stalker Clear Skies are invisible, seems pretty common on Linux from my googling. Also dx10 lighting makes the text super blurry.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I haven’t hooked my deck up to a tv yet, any thing special I should do/know?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What sort of dock or cable do you have? There's really nothing complicated about it tbh, the Deck is really good at playing out to screens now.

Official dock. I guess I’m just curious about upscaling? Are there settings I have to fiddle with, or will it take care of that for me?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Got my wireless mouse and keyboard. Playing tf2 on the couch. Good stuff

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I didn’t even think of replaying fallout or arcanum on a deck, I need to get a full keyboard now I guess.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

My deck is hogging my wifi even when it’s not downloading. How do I make it not do that?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

Is it downloading a system update?

Nope. No active downloads.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

Ah, I asked because system updates don’t show up in the Downloads section.

Did you install any file-sync stuff? I don’t know why it would be doing much downloading if there’s nothing visibly going, sorry!

I think I might just need a new router, but I’m broke so it’ll be a while.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I think I need to buy an sd card just for payday 2, it is a very large game.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If you’re wondering, the Re 4 remake demo does not run too well on the deck

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The Postman posted:

Not sure if you already tried this, but just saw it on Twitter

Neat, maybe I’ll give that a shot.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Is there a keyboard shortcut to bring up the Steam and … menus? I’ve been playing mostly docked lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

sigher posted:

No, as far as I know the only way you can bring up the Steam menu with a keyboard is if you're not playing a game and you keep hitting Esc, the menu will eventually pop up. As far as I'm aware there's no way to open that in-game and there's no way to open the QAM menu on keyboard either at any point.

That’s a bummer