Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

there's no such thing as a cool car

crush car culture

I remember watching a video that was celebrating 50 years of the NTSB by having a modern Malibu utterly annihilate a 50s Bel Air in a 40MPH crash and all the comments were talking about how it was a shame such a nice car had to be destroyed lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

exmarx posted:

love that the classic american hog response to hearing things could be better, getting shown examples of things being made better, etc. is to go like "well it's not like that now, so it can't happen. what do you want me to do? take 2 buses and walk a bit? in winter???"

Keep in mind one of the great conservatives thinkers of our time, erik son of erik, made a twitter post about how winded he was from a 1/2 mile walk

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Erik son of Erik tweeting about a half mile walk utterly gassing him

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ArmZ posted:

correct, it is an italian greyhound.

how does it speak without opposable thumbs

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

one funny quirk about china discourse in the USA is the total incapability of so many americans to comprehend that China is roughly the same size of the USA

lol love that you included taiwan

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

https://twitter.com/aashtospeaks/status/1161699516673925121

wow yes this poo poo is great, love that we destroyed our cities to build these things

don't use roundabouts, have they not played factorio

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

:argh: Judge Doom!!!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Weird. I shop at Costcos biggest store in the world, located right in downtown salt lake city.

That said you could make the argument that salt lake city is one of the worlds biggest suburbs, so I'll have to think on that.

Salt Lake City should not exist because the Mormons should not have been allowed to escape Missouri

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Same size bed

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

male fragility claims that it doesn't exist yet the forces that shape and dictate it are right here :911:

that's actually gravitational lensing from the giant loving useless piece of poo poo truck

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I'll never understand how I'm barely able to cover my mortgage and my $230/month payment on my honda insight and every day I drive home while being tailgated by the absolute shittiest rural white people who happen to have 40k jeep wranglers, why is their life easy

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

is it generational wealth from 100 years of farm subsidies?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Both my dad and father-in-law need to have a truck for actual work things, and both of them have to go on wait lists and/or multiple dealerships to find a single truck that isn't a crew cab.

Also gently caress cars, this is my favorite place to go in Austria when I'm visiting family and something like that can't exist in the US

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

people get large dogs the same reason they get large cars, to be annoying

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

it is pretty wild that we just accept that many car deaths a year

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lol remember when cars gave every boomer brain damage due to lead poisoning

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

what we need are silt striders so we can ride instead of walk. They even make special trips, just for you. Same low price.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

when you run the red light, you basically kill the light

Red lights have the spirit of Javert in them, as soon as they allow a single person to pass them, they kill themselves.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

Could you imagine a crossover SUV hitting that at 60mph

https://i.imgur.com/JjegApZ.gifv

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

what game is that

mad max. One of the rare gimmick movie tie-ins that actually was very good.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

paul_soccer12 posted:

Uh factories and electricity generation have more emissions than cars

Transportation as a whole has more than either but that's shipping and planes and everything

there's intentional conflation between CO2 emissions and other emissions like SO2, NO2, etc. Container ships basically burn stuff slightly thinner than asphalt, and it emits a poo poo load of SO2/NO2 - but in terms of CO2, container ships aren't anywhere close to cars.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I goad my coworkers about this all the time, they just shrug and tell me these trucks have sensors everywhere that beep at you if you're about to annihilate an entire family

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

people who think cautions create magical parking spaces should be shot

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

car! give me car! car! fatphobe!!! give car! car now y'all!

https://twitter.com/molliekatie/status/1451074392646107140

you wouldn't be fat if you walked more

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Xaris posted:

i agree dogs should be allowed on buses and trains. that's a bad america-policy issue, not a functional inssue. the language most civilized countries, who are all cool with dogs anywhere, use is "under effective command" and some are fairly strict about making sure your dog is actually trained. actually it's wild how many countries like a lot in the EU and NZ are super cool with dogs, like lotto dogs on trains just chilling looking out the window, pubs filled with dogs, dogs on patios, indoor dining doggos chilling under tables, pretty much every park has people walking dogs, and hell there's a lot of cat and dog cafes.

unfortunately americans are lazy disgusting slobs who just want a symbol and throw them canned pedigree every night and leave them alone and can't be trusted to have anything. not even responsibly using a spoon

One thing Europeans suck about is spaying/neutering. Every time I go to Austria I just see dog balls everywhere.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

its very cool to watch football and all the commercials are for trucks, beer, and various medicines that old people need

a fun game I play is looking up whatever happened to miracle cure products that I saw ads for constantly in the past and are now all gone. The latest was the Willow Curve low intensity laser therapy device. Turns out they got sued into oblivion by the FDA.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

the bitcoin of weed posted:

you say this while he's literally posting for the uber lobby

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1455178293989330947

is it too many stops, or not enough stops? who knows??

uh standing with one foot on the articulation and the other on one of the two sections was 90% of my childhood bus rides and it ruled

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

some of the newer buses have circular railings all the way around so you can pretend it's a starship bridge

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lol pulling the McNulty "no I'm right and physics are wrong" move except twice.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

i live in texas and have bad news for you: new parking lots are absolutely accounting for gigantic vehicles by becoming even bigger. i drive a little car so it makes parking very easy for me at least lol

in spite of these accommodations, they still take up two spots somehow? As if they're doing it on purpose?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lil poopendorfer posted:

Not worrying about potholes would be sweet

sometimes I wonder how much of our "crumbling infrastruture!" epidemic is related to what I qualitatively see as a massive increase in total weight that is put on roads, between the inflation of truck/SUV sizes and the decline of rail in favor of semis

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

1. pull the safety beacon off your kid's new bike
2. walk over to nearest freeway
3. throw safety beacon directly in front of fast moving tesla
4. worldstar

this got an audible chuckle out of me

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ArmZ posted:

car makers determined to make cars the worst possible thing

does it express pleasure if you gently caress it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

actionjackson posted:

who is ready for our green new future

830 HP
0-60 in 3.5 loving SECONDS
18 feet long
over 7 feet wide
almost 7 feet high

9000 loving POUNDS

lol when that battery catches on fire it'll be like a Fallout car blowing up

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This is considered too dangerous to drive on US roads. It is not street legal:

This is considered safe. It is street legal:

i'm always told that those trucks are actually fine because they have tons of sensors and cameras

like, ok, but... they don't have to have any of that though

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Captain Nemo's car in League of Extraordinary Gentleman was just a semi track chassis going backwards

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

didn't miami sign on for a musk loop lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Radirot posted:

have you ever seen that jeep/truck looking thing? wtf why

this:

that thing probably costs $80,000

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

every truck will be like the daylight cars from Daybreakers and they excuse will be "well they have cameras!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Cugel the Clever posted:

I do hope whoever came up with the idea of car crashes being "accidents" died in excruciating pain. Just one more thing that helps drivers justify going full sociopath behind the wheel and being given the benefit of the doubt when they murder someone.

"I was driving 20 over the limit and texting when I pulverized those children in the school zone crosswalk, woops, what a funny accident!"

We call it an incident. An 'accident' indicates that no one is to blame.