Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Goon Boots posted:

Oh you dont like car?

Name every train and bicycle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Smythe posted:

i want a convertible metro so bad

lol I knew a guy that chopped and lowered an old chevette. it was exactly as stupid as you're thinking

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

put nuclear reactors in cars

look up the Ford Neutron

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ekuNNN posted:

Ah, the beer bike :hmmyes:

lol that the guy steering doesn't have pedals

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

I caught a probe in cspam 5 years ago for empty quoting a slur lmao no idea what asolt is talking about

a song of lice and tires?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

hey rally buddy. i have a rallycross car and have been co-driving for the past 2 years. eventually i'll buy/build my own caged car but covid has me apprehensive about doing that any time soon

post the rally car

e: whoops didn't realize what thread i was in, whatever, post the rally car anyway lol

lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

Ford is axing all of their non-truck, non-crossover vehicles except for I think the Mustang and the euro Focus

it's probably for the best. ford makes really lovely cars

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i sometimes drive to the grocery store that is literally across the street because i hate crosswalks

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

Trees loving rock.

https://komonews.com/news/local/3-p...-medical-center

just look at that king. Will grow its bark back and eventually be prepared to take on another idiot driver.

the back seat passenger was ejected through the windshield :drat:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

he was also the bad guy in the feminism Ghostbusters movie

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

put it on a dyno and run it constantly

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mystes posted:

Leeloo Dallas Multiusepath

that's Lola actually

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

This is sort of fascinating to me because I'm someone who "technically" meets the criteria for a disabled parking tag and even though my wife has made a very rational, sensible case as to why I should, I just can't bring myself to do it. Sure, walking across a hot parking lot in the middle of the day could cause me to overheat to the point of a seizure, but I'm fortunate enough that I'm not disabled to a point where I can't simply adjust my schedule around avoiding the hottest hours of the day, rather than take up a parking spot for someone that doesn't have the same luxuries I do

you could get the placard and then just not use it unless you're feeling like you need to

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

stage fright in the crosswalk

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Are ferries mostly a northern thing? I'm not even aware of any in the south that aren't, like, to a remote barrier island.

I can't speak for other areas but western WA has the largest ferry system in the US

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

hailthefish posted:

They COULD do the Øresund Bridge across the Salish Sea in like five places, or they could run a series of boats.

The fee structure on the ferry tickets strongly encourages people to travel as pedestrians, on bikes, or on motorcycles, rather than by car. It is a LOT more to take a car on most routes than it is to walk-on. Walk-ons might even be free on some journeys? It's been a while since I took a ferry.

And then you have situations like Alaska, where the population density is very low, and mostly centered in the islands of the southeast. You have to take a ferry from the Ketchikan Airport into Ketchikan. There was a plan to build a bridge between them, this was the infamous Bridge To Nowhere.

the Puget Sound is generally a lot deeper than the Øresund strait lol. I'm not sure how many of the spots you're thinking of would actually be feasible

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Dec 9, 2022

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

that guy isn't going to fare well in prison when the other inmates learn he's there for strangling a 7 year old girl

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

well that was fun. coming home from picking up mod pizza when I see a car coming up behind me WAY too fast, missed my bumper by ~3 inches when he swerved into the turn lane, followed immediately by 6 cop cars with lights on. over the next minute 7 more went by, then I saw them all stopped about a half mile ahead. dude hit someone else in the oncoming lanes, went off the road, down an embankment and right into a tree. that really would have sucked to get rear ended by some idiot going 80

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

for a mod pizza, at that. glad you survived.

seriously. i'm still in shock that the guy didn't hit me. when I saw him coming up in the rear view mirror all I could think was "oh gently caress..."

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Ardennes posted:

It was to replace it, which was then demolished (admittedly it should have gone a while ago). There was a proposal to widen surface streets instead but instead pushed for a tunnel for a route that never got a tremendous amount of traffic in the first place.

Also, there are building an above ground highway now as well even though the tunnel has plenty of capacity which means the tunnel will probably see almost no use.

Oh and yeah there used to be a streetcar line that could have been hooked into the rest of the network, but they got rid of that too.

the viaduct was insane. while driving on it you could look down and occasionally see holes where concrete chunks simply fell out. if an earthquake had hit while it was still up it would have killed everyone who was on it

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lmao at dudes in the suburbs agreeing to pay $1000 a month on a 7 year loan for a truck they'll never actually need to use, except to record angry politics videos where they're wearing sunglasses

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

imagine drowning to death in an underground bicycle storage facility when something goes wrong

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

dudes going to end up being a cop. calling it now

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

the wording on that makes it sound like they're being moved to the hospital while still on the bicycle lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

If These Back Walls Could Sing

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

so... did someone move the penis? or did it get launched into the gas station bathroom by the accident somehow?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

nice fiero w/ body kit

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol when that guy gets a ticket and knows it was matty who narc'd

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I was waiting for the last object to damage the car despite the bubble. disappointed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

eXXon posted:

If you lived in Brazil you could have lunch with Glenn. Every day.

sounds terrible