Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

I have no idea who the eagles qb will be this year

Watson in name, Hurts/Flacco combo in reality

3 wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a neat cape posted:

Yes.

I recognize that NFC fans probably don't watch many Chargers games but boy I can tell you some stories about losing games in the last minute

I just want you to know I spent 2 days in SD last week and it seems no worse for the wear without the Chargers. Hell, I biked past Petco Stadium and some old crazy lady bid me a very hearty welcome

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Does Wawa still give out those Eagles schedule keychains, those were really neat in recent years

I got one last year so they certainly DID

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hurts is looking better than I expected

Quez shoulda had that pass

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm rooting for him but my heart tells me we drafted another Desean Jackson, maximum, who is electrifying when healthy but not healthy nearly often enough. Hopefully, he at least has the professional instincts not to spike the football before crossing the goal line or run 20 yards backwards on kick returns but looking at guys his size over decades of NFL players, it's hard to be optimistic.

In other words, I'm an Eagles fan.

If we have another djax then we have a #1 WR

Anyone writing off Smith before watching him play a down in the NFL is fool

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

indigi posted:

I don’t think they should spend draft capital on stopgap players when they have a gaping hole at QB1.

Correct take. The only possible twist that could get us significant wins this season would be Deshaun Watson, but even that wouldn't be much. Honestly this roster needs a full rehaul and it needs it now. I'm of the opinion that the state of things is that we have Goedert, Graham, Slay, Smith, Lane J, Dillard (I loving hope), and some aging stars like Brooks, Cox, Ertz, and Kelce. Outside of that grouping we have a bunch of weak players that should for the most part be backups or rotational pieces instead of starters. Hurts could end up doing ok and this season will answer that for us but this roster is nowhere near a competitive level and with half of the actual core about to age out we might as well lose the next two years getting a team together again.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Remember when Carson Wentz signed a big contract?

loving same.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Daltos how many wins do you give the giants this year? I'm rolling with 7 cuz of your D

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

3.5" of hard blue steel

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

quote:

There was a brief scare when first-round pick DeVonta Smith limped off the field after injuring his right foot while running a route in seven-on-sevens. Smith was evaluated by the medical staff then proceeded to jog on the sideline. He eventually returned by the end of practice.

It’s notable that Smith’s ankle/foot was being evaluated and not his knee. He missed more than two weeks this summer with a knee sprain before playing in the second preseason game. Smith’s durability was a source of speculation during the draft because of his frail frame, but he avoided major injuries in college and played 54 games in four years.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I hope and pray that one day we can see a division that wins exactly 0 games against any team outside of itself. I think we have the stuff!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

3 to 4 win Eagles season. Don’t get disappointed.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

blarzgh posted:

Vegas odds are a 6.5, and frankly that sounds right to me. They have a schedule that pits them against only 3 'real' playoff teams, they lost More snaps to injury than almost anyone last year, and they've added a bunch of budget, perfectly capable free agents.

I'd take the over at seven wins.

We will see, i just don’t think Hurts is gonna show us anything and our passing offense needs someone to throw the ball. My only optimism rests on the fact that we have burners at X and Y that could theoretically mitigate poor accuracy

Our DL is good but good luck having that matter with our back 7.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

lmaooooo

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

WE JUST SKYROCKETED TO 10 WINS

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

Minishww is the 3rd string right ?

They are paying flacco a lot

I hope not

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I’m not going to ever stop being an Eagles Fan, even if I move somewhere else and never leave. Ride or die

For instance as a fan I would be frustrated with my team if they signed watson but I’m still gonna watch my tribe play lol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

Superstar WR Travis Fulgham being waived, possibly will end up on the practice squad.

I don’t loving get it. They didn’t even try to use him!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

And yet somehow JJ Arcega-Whiteside is still on the roster!

AAAAHHHHHHH gently caress YOU HOWIE

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If so he is user "Play"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The year begins with an NFCE loss.

All is right in the world.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sickening posted:

Getting a feeling that a good number of you are worried your bum team is going to be rolled by the boys this year.

you have the best team in the division unless the Skins have an offense this season in which case you're guaranteed second. Imo heinike ends up starter midseason and is better than Fitz

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

Doesn’t sound like a lot for a LT

Probably abusing the “we developed you from nothing” angle to get a discount

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's fitting that the team that didn't respect romo despite how good he was also fully believes in dak who sucks rear end

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I truly hope we all lose today.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I’m glad at least your child has some taste

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

and as a Cowboys fan you probably eat it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It appears the Eagles will lead this division as is their divine right.

I’ll take my pedicure now, daltos

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do you see that glimmer in the distance? That’s Cam Newton on his way to WFT

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1438705126030647303?s=20

mixed with

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1438850070821081094

and you get yourself a really well oiled New York Giants machine!!!

hf with that guys

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jeffery, Jackson, Maclin, Ertz (who is not a real TE), Celek, Avant, Torrey, TO, and now Smith and Reagor. I don't think its a realm in which we necessarily fail, this is just Eagles fans being mad about a few bum years at the position.

Jeffery counts in that he gave us 1.5 years but I would say he was basically a bust. I had very high hopes for him but he pumpkined hard.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Though I am definitely a Fulgham truther and believe it was stupid and bad of us to cut him.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

He got hurt he didn’t pumpkin lol

Also he played for a QB WHO LITERALLY DID NOT THROW TO WRS

Bruh it's not about his direct production, it's about how he opens up the offense. Jeffery fell off a cliff in 2019 before the Lisfranc and 2020 he had a full year to recover from it and still did piddling poo poo. I call that pumpkining.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

I’m not looking it up but I believe he had a bad shoulder injury in 2018 too which he never really recovered from

He did recover from it and in 2018 he did okay. You've internalized excuses propagated by WIP

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I believed that Foles and Wentz and Vick would all be franchise QBs. I don't believe in Hurts.

Hurts is going to win us a Superbowl.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Any updates on Brooks?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Two of our key starters.

My original prediction is coming to pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010