Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Every time I see win/loss over/under I'm reminded there's 17 games now.

NFCW with 3 10+ win teams is entirely possible this year. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Is anyone interested in some preseason tickets for the 49ers this weekend? I won't be able to go but I have two tickets. PM me if you want to go.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

hifi posted:

i dont trust the 49ers or rams for qb development for obvious reasons, but we'll see

Yeah, between Jimmy G, Mullins and Beatheard, I think the 49ers QB development is one of the least areas of concern.

Trey looks and acts like a rookie but with more experience he's going to be very good. The season isn't over yet, but the 49ers have to win all the out of division matchups.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Also Levi's Stadium sucks major rear end but it's super convenient so whatever I don't care about the lovely stadium now that it no longer kills people.

This is the truth right here. Everyone loves/loved Candlestick. The problem is entering and leaving on literally 1 exit to 1 highway.

The last game at Levi's I left the stadium in under 15 minutes. Candlestick could take 1+ hour to leave.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The trick is to stay to the end so everyone else is already gone.

I couldn't leave early because my Seahawks friend was enjoying the game. :mad:

It was his first NFL game ever and I'm glad he had a good time at least lol.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

You know that in your heart of hearts you completely expected Jimmy to fumble the ball or throw a pick on that last drive.

He had his inexplicable pick six already that game. It was dropped so I was fully confident in him leading a game winning drive. :suicide:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

No he survived

There are fates worse then death.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

The dream of the NFC West NFC Championship game is still alive for another week at least.

I think Shanahan outsmarts himself sometimes; he's setting up plays down the line but sometimes you don't always need to prove you're a better play caller then the other coach.

If you have a hammer (Deebo) everything becomes a nail (run).

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

That was a fun first half and a gut wrenching display of mistakes and poor play calling in the second, but I'll take the win. I am not optimistic about green bay, though.

I hope all the defensive players who were injured today can come back next week. If the D Line can get after Rodgers like they did Dak, the 49ers have a chance. :pray:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Play posted:

would it blow your mind if I told you that I am both a Dodgers and Giants fan. it is true. I enjoyed both teams racing each other to the most wins last year so much

Do you have like a split Dodgers/Giants ballcap? If not, you should get one and wear it all the time to show your favorite teams.

I actually don't dislike the Dodgers that much, I dislike the Angels so much more. That stupid rally monkey costing Bonds his ring. :argh:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Jimmy going to Jimmy lol.

We did better then expected for the season still. :unsmith:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I always try to remember that in very close games, every play affected the outcome of the game, not just the plays that happened on the final drive or two. The niners and the rams both had multiple chances to score more points, and didn't. Any single play in any of those drives might have shifted the score by 7 points.

This is really true and one of the best things about football. In the earlier game, KC not kicking the field goal at halftime might have cost them the game.

Jimmy missed a wide open Kittle on like the 3rd play of the game. That could have been a TD for sure. Every play is super important in close games and it's just a matter of who can make the fewest mistakes/execute the best throughout the entire game.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

The AFC West is going to be a bloodbath next year. Both NFC West and AFC West can reasonably send 3 teams to the playoffs. :stare:

Edit: Comedy option Murray forces a trade to Seattle so the outside team is AZ lol.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Coldforge posted:

According to some of the Athletic reports, Deebo, AJ and DK all share the same agent, and part of the issue is that the agent is pushing hard to get Deebo signed first to set a floor for the other two.

Leperflesh posted:

I wonder if deebo is doing the math on average lifespan of an RB vs. a WR and despite his high value being in the combo wombo he brings, maybe he just wants to reduce the physical contact regardless. Adding ten more years to a career might be worth more than adding ten million a year more to his next 4-year contract.

I think these two reasons for why Deebo wants out makes the most sense. He's listening to his agent about his value as a WR and WR's have longer careers by far.

Sucks that the Niners are probably going to lose their best receiver, but go out and get paid Deebo. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I was on a road trip and busy and did not catch any of the draft, how did my 49ers do? I think they didn't even have a first round pick right.

They did not. They drafted some receivers, edge rusher and a 3rd round RB. They also got Mr. Irrelevant who is another QB so I guess there's some competition for the backup spot.