Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
New thread title: that video of the kid being slammed in the window from when you log out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Missouri seems to have leveled off so I guess either people are masking/staying home, or we ran out of tests.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

test positivity is the proper way of knowing what's happening

It's holding steady around 10-11% so :shrug:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

poisonpill posted:

I’ve got a friend whose kids are going to school in a week. is there any way to get kids under 12 a vaccine right now? sign up for trials??

Trials have had wait-lists thousands long for months. Basically choose either homeschooling or risk COVID. I'm debating myself.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Can we get all those spreadsheet truth bomb lists into the op? I didn't save them.

Edit: also the insubordinate science teacher's post.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Excuse me it is probatable to even suggest that any decision like this would come from the executive branch and not handed down with absolutely zero interaction between the FDA, which makes the decisions in thier cloister, and any political influencer.

Uh the probes weren't for discussing the booster, they were for Tearin up of Rules.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

It's too bad that the suffering of the super rich only serves to enrich the super super rich.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Nocturtle posted:

Someone who got their third shot told me that the CVS person asked them to verify all their fake info, fake address + fake phone number etc. They were able to do it but it put me right off the idea of getting an illegitimate 3rd shot, no way I wouldn't choke when put on the spot like that. Sounds like grocery store pharmacy workers might care less on average?

Turns out boosters are coming soon for everyone anyway, of course before my kids even get their first.

Just give your real info and say it's your second shot.

Edit: thinking about getting my 4 month booster to top off before school.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Remember when picture threads had to warn dialup users? Makes you think.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

start a loving hearing and get those FDA fucks up on camera and under oath about what the gently caress they have been doing for 18 months

Congress is going beyond blame-shifting

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
So what's the easiest 3rd booster scam? Lie about immunocompromised, claim it's your first shot under a game name, claim it's your first under your real name...?

Edit: hey phone autocorrecting fake to game is too meta.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

McNugget Buddy posted:

lol the rich only care when it hits close to home

Also everyone else.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Questions:
Are there any home test kits worth having?
Are there any decent tests that don't require brain-probing?

Gathering some info before school starts.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

B> wonder what caused the surge in what looks like St. Louis in July

That's probably Springfield/Joplin.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Excited to be waiting for my first dose of Pfizer.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Google Butt posted:

It's your first booster, technically correct

My first booster since April.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Weird to see the President talking about CSPAM.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Kreeblah posted:

What happens in a couple weeks when they're out of inclement weather days to use?

Extend the school year.

The real question is what happens when the school year ends after the next one begins.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Stereotype posted:

a bunch of cops are going to get covid and die because of this funeral and then they will have equally large maskless funerals for each one of them and so on until all the cops are dead

They don't make big to dos for cops who don't die in a shootout.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Substandard posted:

I paid :10bux: in 2007 to join a comedy forum, and now I'm a communist with access to reliable COVID info.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Solarin posted:

you can eat food in america that is not filth

Maybe after I finish converting my yard into a micro-farm.

Edit: water main broke, guess I'll install a cistern under the garden

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Throatwarbler posted:

The part about her being a great cook is the capstone on top of everything, because it's not like Americans are braving the pandemic to crank out more T-34s for the front, the country is literally being torn apart and hundreds of thousands are dying because *checks thread notes* Americans need to go somewhere to eat terrible American food and get even fatter.

Before the pandemic I tried my best to expose her to all aspects of American cuisine. We went to multiple IHOPs and Golden Corrals in different states. We had sweet potato casserole, pop tarts, "General Tso's Chicken", and she's just not into it at all.

What wretched podunk do you live in where the best restaurant is Golden Corral?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

College Rockout posted:

I was thinking of your case when I saw that. That sounds awful and I'm sorry this is happening to you. Most of the people I know got vaccinated as soon as they could and are at around the 4 month mark now. If we're really going to wait for the 8 month mark I'm worried that breakthroughs are probably going to skyrocket

Or the boosters turn out to be irrelevant, it's not like governments are rigorously studying this stuff.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

etalian posted:

I like how despite the time gap between Delta in India to US, Sleepy Joe did nothing to get the country ready for the inevitable.

Only lots of spin and PR talking points about return to the new normal. Maybe expanding liquid oxygen manufacturing capacity might have helped?

Imagine doing something and it turning out to be unnecessary. We can't take that chance!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

External Organs posted:

Trip report, Pfizer 3 day 2.

Definitely my most intense response of either of my prior shots. Achy, tired, headache, feel possibly feverish but I ain't getting off the couch to check. Sore arm of course.

Blast my blood with your antibodies, BioNtech. Max my titers!!!

Same. Curled on the couch watching Dinosaur Train.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Koirhor posted:

seriously did any goon contracting covid keep track
of what their healthy resting heart rate was and what it was during covid infection? genuinely curious.

My resting rate is 111 so if I get COVID I'll post an update.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Holy poo poo dude please work out.

I'm already scrolling as hard as I can.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Shitpostradomus posted:

Hey fellow Adderall buddy

My Adderall is getting mad at the internet.

Edit: I'm not dismissing the possibility that the vaccines gave me hummingbird DNA.

PerniciousKnid fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 22, 2021

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

is this actually based on anything

I think it was a corollary to the idea that you only need one mRNA shot if you've been previously infected.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Am I evil for hoping one of them gets a bad case of Covid but not bad enough to be hospitalized?

Yes; you should also hope they are hospitalized.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Real Mean Queen posted:

This guy thought of I can't get no vaccination and worked outward from there

This guy isn't a real person, nobody named Slur would need a nickname.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Spoondick posted:

you'd think all these dewormers would get rid of the brainworms but those fuckers must be dug in deep

Because they're taking the medicine orally. If they wanted to kill their brain worms they'd need a suppository.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Spoondick posted:

nate silver, famed statistician and infectious diseases expert, was tragically and improbably killed today when he was struck by a flying squirrel and fell off a restsurant balcony

Tragically smashed to death at the bottom of a staircase under a falling Donald Trump.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Gio posted:

“may have to consider” and for reasons that dont seem to include “to spite them”

If the result is to further racially segregate treatment it doesn't really matter if the motivation is spite.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Gio posted:

well fortunately then its just a made up scenario people are ginning themselves up to be mad about

Nothing about triaging care or bias against POC seems very hypothetical to me.

Edit: I mean this is something that seems likely to happen in a week or two, it's not like we're taking about giving whites preference for Cyber Arms.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

Is your suggestion that people should be treated based on a paper bag test instead of on their likelihood of survival.
Yes I know the same paper bag test means racist doctors will say darker people aren't gonna make it . which is a good example of why seeing if someone is vaccinated and making that a hard line would help obviate the problem

You basically remade the point I made so I'll just add that "let unvaccinated people die" is not some bright line that we can draw.

I'm not the OP, I'm just saying we need to be vigilant about the issue and not get too excited about neglecting unvaccinated people. Many people are unvaccinated due to systemic issues created deliberately by the same folks who put themselves first in line for vaccines, after all.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
The third booster did feel like I'm injecting eagles into my arm.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Gio posted:

honestly, are we forgetting WHY people aren’t getting vaccinated? seriously?

Inflexible work hours, years of overcharging the poor for "free" services, decades of nonconsensual medical experimentation on POC...

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

cr0y posted:

Fine, we reject ICU access if you are white, that should be enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Forseti posted:

I agree with you that it's the government's fault ultimately and that really, really sucks. I do think the news is wording it poorly intentionally in their headlines to piss people off though (and/or excite the brunch libs). The emergency triage is trying to make the best of a poo poo situation, they're supposed to allocate resources to the people most likely to survive, and that's the vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

It loving sucks and it's totally not fair, but they're not talking about denying unvaccinated access to resources that are idling otherwise.

Isn't that the point? Black people are less likely to survive (because of prior bias in care) and therefore will receive less care in triage situations. On top of that, various medical biases against POC will deprive them even beyond what short-term utility would rationally require.