Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i understand getting rid of the old thread but why make a new one for something that's over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is fatigue a vaccine side effect or is that just me being tired in general

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

John_A_Tallon posted:

I thought the lines breaking up near the end was a commentary on how confusing the possible solution paths are.

That's normal, your body is mounting an immune response to the vaccine.

ok good

i had like no side effects from the first two shots but for number three i got last evening i've got a sorer arm than before and an intermittent headache and fatigue

feel sorry for the folks who it totally knocked out

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

i had a knee industry take me out of the industry years ago and we not also provide $600 referral bonuses for employees that hire people, i also lust for the complete death of the service industry

is "knee industry" the trade term for the mob guys who bust kneecaps with baseball bats

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

from oxygen deprivation

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Stereotype posted:

was smallpox endemic at some point? i keep hearing people saying "well it's too late now, covid is endemic and we can never get rid of it ever" and, that's super depressing and doom and also not true? i know the deer all have it or something, but i can't believe how quickly everyone gave up after doing essentially nothing. our entire nation is apparently an ungovernable mob of deluded self-important lazy idiots.

for like thousands of years yeah, according to my earlier reading of the wikipedia article

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

well i'm only three months ahead of schedule then

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Morbus posted:

[COVID-19] Use the boost to get thru

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

crepeface posted:

https://twitter.com/minhealthnz/status/1427435940159520772?s=20

lol with 3-5 seconds of doors being opened. china welding doors shut had the right idea.

(this is a different one to the case of in-community transmission)

why do they assume the doors had to be open at the same time like the virus was a laser beam or something, it could have wafted out into the hallway and floated around in the air there for a few minutes before the other door opened and in floated in there

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

crepeface posted:

i assume because then they'd have more cases of in-facility spread.

it would be pretty lol if covid fumes hung around like a vampire waiting to be invited into your abode tho

wasnt there another one in australia or new zealand where they traced it the infectee walking through a place the infecter had been at like 30 minutes ago

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Why did Republicans become anitvax?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gregg abbott is the handsomest man on tv

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

Delta is gonna wipe out chud politicians tbh

inshallah

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jon Irenicus posted:

this is gonna be a new dent in my brain. why are they just sniffing around now?? vaccines for under 12 and under has been the primary concern millions of families! kids are dying right now and you didn't look at a loving calendar?

they were busy executing some stock trades

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

No that's peasant poo poo you get nothing.

But yes rich people immediately get in no questions asked. This is absolutely a thing and hospitals make it extremely clear when a VIP is there and they are to get front of the line for everything. Abbott would have 0 problem getting an icu bed, but it won't come to that anyway since he's getting top flight concierge treatment now and the best treatment is early intervention.

how rich is rich

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Caseman posted:

We should just have roaming gangs sneak into chud houses and jab them in their sleep.

since the US govt is too weak to order a lockdown, mandatory vaxxing and mandatory masking is the only way to get the pandemic anywhere near under control but we're refusing to do that too

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Idiot Kicker posted:

God drat. We had one girl pass in a car accident a little bit after graduation and it was a huge shock, imagine it becoming a regular thing.

between school shootings and now covid kids today don't even need to imagine lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

what is the american endgame here? just keep things open until every single hospital in the nation is overwhelmed? and then what? What the gently caress are we doing

the endgame that our leaders are aiming for is that eventually the problem goes away on its own

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TheMightyBoops posted:

I always think of that Dollop episode; I don’t remember which city had a lake that was so polluted that it just started on fire one day (I think I’m the 1800s) just as a reminder that things can always get worse in ways I’d never imagined.

It’s pretty comforting.

i think that was cleveland

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Foo Diddley posted:

let's just kill and cripple all the little kids, because we can't keep the schools closed or else some loving billionaires might be inconvenienced

actually kids don't get sick from the virus

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kreeblah posted:

Yep. And as a result, we have a government full of people who have never had to make a truly difficult decision (do the right thing, even though it's gonna be massively unpopular with a huge part of the country) in their entire careers. Like, it's literally a thing that they've never had to contemplate doing. What we're seeing now is the effects of that, where loving nobody is willing to do what needs doing, because they're hoping that somebody else will jump on that grenade instead. Then, if it ends up becoming blindingly obvious (even in spite of America's built-in apathy) that they completely hosed it up, they're just gonna point fingers at somebody else (presumably unvaxxed folks), because that's always worked in the past.

it's not that the right thing is unpopular with a huge part of the country. today, the right things to beat the pandemic are very popular with the majority. vaccine mandates have majority support according to polls these days, and paying people to stay home in the form of trump/biden/bernie bucks were of course overwhelmingly popular. popularity with the majority of the population doesn't matter, they're worried about popularity among the 1% of people who do matter

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

is there any reason I should get the booster now at 5 months? any adverse effects reported from boosting too early?

as far as i know no, there are no clear adverse effects. now is fine imo, in fact i did it now because it takes a few weeks to spin up the best protection and the next month or so will likely be the peak of transmission until everyone panics and shuts down schools again

i don't know where the 8 month guideline the cdc came up with came from.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Google Butt posted:

where can I get sars 1 real quick

try the wuhan institute of virology or one of those secret US military labs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lord of Pie posted:

very very presidential unironically

dems eat that poo poo up about politicians making Hard Choices and loving over their constituents

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

i like the moderna personally, you just jam that big thing in there and blow a massive load out

big beautiful titers

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

today's number of 9/11s

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mola Yam posted:

problem with this is when you get to > one 9/11, you just get a flyby

if you want to get pedantic about it you need at least two planes to even have one 9/11

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they should have held the concert in the hurricane

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

who's clarissa

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

nice bro

Steve Yun posted:

Melissa Joan Hart got covid, blamed everyone (including herself, to be fair)

lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah the sweet spot is being that siberian hermits who chills out with animals all the time

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wiltsghost posted:

It's Texas.

quebec is already the texas of canada

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

has anyone topped Eric Crackl-Ping yet

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is a state man another term for sovereign citizens

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the dancing pallbearers ruled. bring them back

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

salient posted:

tonight was the big welcome week block party on campus and we're already getting 911 calls for students in the dorms experiencing covid symptoms :) in-person classes start monday and professors are not allowed to tell the class if a student tests positive

yesterday i got an email from the chair of my department that an undergrad student died of covid

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I have pretty much mastered the two hour exercise/5km radius travel lockdown limit. Plz don't call the cops for the extra 11 minutes.

And yes we call that lake dick and balls lake.

i went to melbourne once it was very nice

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zokari posted:

ah yes, definitely playing into the thought process of people taking animal medicine because someone on facebook told them to

please, they're doing it because someone on tv told them to

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wiltsghost posted:

College students moved back into town this weekend. Went to get groceries earlier and out of the 10 that I saw there, 2 were wearing masks. This is going to be very bad in a few weeks. Would be nice if they gave a poo poo but that's college kids for you.

college kids here are partying just like it was 2019 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Substandard posted:

They should make "special" COVID vaccines "for livestock", stock them at tractor supply, and then strongly warn people against taking them.

they paid those rear end in a top hat consultants a zillion dollars and theyd never come up with this