Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Buffon made his return to Parma tonight, a 2-2 draw with Frosinone on the opening day of Serie B. I didn't see any of it; I wonder how he played.

A Parma supporter Twitter account I follow made it seem like he kept them in the game with a lot of big saves, and that he was melting down at his defenders pretty much all game for their terrible marking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Uhhh op I have scrutinized the op and you seem to have made a clerical error on the number of Juventus titles

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm only counting the ones sul campo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIhNLhaVqzk

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Chievo is officially dead; the deadline has passed to even register with Serie D. It’s unknown whether anyone will try to resurrect them in the future but the team as it was known doesn’t exist anymore.

I was having a lol about it til I read Sergio Pelissier’s note on Instagram which was sad, just saying that it was the saddest day of his life. Now I’m upset because he is a good lad who means well.

Yeah, he apparently was trying to organize a new ownership group, but couldn't find investors. Maybe by next summer they'll be ready to restart in Serie D.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/forzajuveen/status/1402965796758884358?s=21

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

grvm posted:

I was never a big Hakan fan, just seemed to static.. slow...
I know it's only 33 min in but I like Brahim better as a 10 all ready.

Did we just extend the loan or did we get an option in there?

It's an additional 2 year loan, no option

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Mid table stragglers, Napoli will be fine.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Ronald having a lol somewhere

Doing the pirouette celebration and yelling SIUUUUUUUUUU in front of the tv watching De Sciglio subbed on in the final minutes

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

are juve actually poo poo now

quite

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Max got so many things wrong in that Empoli match, it was worse than Pirlo honestly. I think once they set up the midfield around Locatelli and Kean gets up to speed they’ll look more like a properly constructed side. There were glimpses of that when Morata and Locatelli were both on, but by that point Empoli just had to park the bus and weather the storm, which they obviously were able to do.

Juve dropped 2 points vs Udinese because of the keeper having one of the worst meltdowns possible and then hosed themselves against Empoli by the manager being too cute and clever. Hopefully Max can shake off the managerial rust quickly.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Derby della Mole gonna be a tasty relegation 6 pointer

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
that was a great game btw

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Actually the proper response would be for Juve to fire Allegri for being level with Cagliari

just imo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
This is from the current laws of of the game document

quote:

For decisions/incidents relating to goals, penalty/no penalty and red cards for denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity (DOGSO), it may be necessary to review the attacking phase of play which led directly to the decision/incident; this may include how the attacking team gained possession of the ball in open play.

E: Lol, amazingly, the league didn't include that incident in their highlights video of the match

trem_two fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 26, 2021

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm sure whatever IFTV is using probably has the most users in English. My m9's and I use the Gazzetta Dello Sport one and it's bad, don't recommend.

So I was gone all day and only managed to watch the extended highlights of the Milan - Atalanta match. Was Messias as bad as taht made him look? Gave away a penalty and let Zapata run him over for the second. He did play a part in the third goal for Milan though, so not all is lost.

Also I love when Leao's stupid tekkers work out.

I watched it all. Messias didn't do much of anything positive. I think the Milan twitter meltdowns about him are overblown, and he was unlucky on the penalty call, but yeah he looked a bit lost.

Tonali however was superb.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

GreatestLurker posted:

Orsato special, coming to Juventus' rescue when they need it the most.

That goal wouldn't have counted anyways upon VAR review, Mkhitaryan passed it to Abraham with his wrist

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
"Accidental" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there, considering the first bullet point in that segment says that handball is when a player "deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball;", and Mkhitaryan certainly moved his arm towards the ball to create the assist that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

Also nobody is suggesting that Orsato should've spotted and called the handball in real time, the point is that if he'd done the right thing and let play continue the handball would've been spotted in the inevitable VAR review.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
McKennie was actually good today, the starting midfield was utter dogshit but once he was subbed on they finally started generating attacking chances. McKennie and Dybala were the only players that gave anything today.

That Rabiot/Arthur/Bentancur setup was pure trash.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

fiorentinas stadium seems dogshit

their loud Brooklyn uncle of an owner has been trying to build a new one, but, ya know, Italian politics

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

Is Busio actually decent, seems he set up another goal today. Also what are Venezia's chances of staying up?

While that assist was actually pretty lucky (he lost control and the ball fell right to the goal scorer), I do think he's legit. He is always active and making himself available as an outlet, pushes the ball forward instead of just passing it backwards or sideways, is good on the counter, and is solid in defensive cover. I think he'll move to a bigger European club before long.

GreatestLurker posted:

Feels nice to finally beat a top team, even though it took 8 minutes of added time and numerous heart attacks to do it. No way that should have been so exciting.

Congrats for not dying on that final Mertens volley attempt. That was an epic battle.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Chievo were docked 3 points for similar shady accounting practices on transfers, but Juve were doing this on valuations a few orders of magnitude higher than Chievo’s.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
The other thing I forgot about the Chievo situation is that they included some players in their transfer accounting reports that were never under contract with the club originally, which isn’t the case here.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

There’s a non zero chance that Salernitana get thrown out of the league on December 31st because nobody has come forward to buy the club from Lotito.

Given they’re dead last and probably not moving up any time soon I wonder if the league will just continue to let them be owned by the Laudio Cotito Trust or whatever and let them get relegated so they can ignore the problem, in extremely Italian fashion.

Ignoring the problem is what got them registered in Serie A in the first place, sounds like the appropriate fix imo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

who would you guys say are the best defenders in the league rn

Not necessarily in order, but I'd go with all 3 of Inter's main CBs (Bastoni, Skirinar, De Vrij), Koulibaly (not as incredible as he was a few years ago but still v good), Bremer, Tomori, Demiral (:negative:), De Ligt (makes occasional mistakes but is frequently excellent too), Bonucci has his moments still, Fiorentina's CBs are pretty good too (Milenkovic and Quarta).

I can't really think of any great defending full backs these days, almost all the best full backs are essentially wing backs, even if they play in a back 4.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
This Milan midfield performance is pure strain banter era poo poo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Last phase of the match has just been Maignan and Tomori punting it at Zlatan from 60 yards away, they've seen enough from Kessie and Bennacer

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
ayyy lmao

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
shocking decision

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Also Insigne got Covid; Wednesday is going to be a super spreading event.

Immobile too

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
They've had pretty abysmal attendance figures all season long

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

paddyboat posted:

i remember him playing all over the place for milan (wider) and inter has slotted him in right where he wants to play (narrower)

also super turk-spite

Yeah I think he’s better as a slightly deeper and more central playing creative midfielder instead of being a 10 or winger. It works because Barella and Brozo cover so much ground with quality, which basically lets Hakan be the ultimate luxury midfielder, and it turns out he excels at that.

trem_two fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 26, 2021

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

The government put out some new covid regulations to take effect in January regarding nearly every level of football.

* 50% stadium capacity (down from 75%)
* Negative tests 48 hours are no longer accepted, you need proof of vax or proof of recovery from covid in the past 6 months
* All players at every level (including you and your m9s at 5 a side) have to be vaccinated, no exceptions.

That last one is a big deal, though I think Serie A was close to 100% vaccinated in any case.

Wonder if we'll see any outbound transfers to other leagues for idiots that won't get vaxxed *cough cough* Rabiot *cough*

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

The deadline for Salernitana to be sold is a few hours from now; apparently the Not Lotito Family Trust has received at least two offers from individuals, and is awaiting another from some money laundering capital group. I imagine if they are real the league will allow an extra amount of time to get all the paperwork done.

Must be loving infuriating to support them right now.

On the bright side, they won't be owned by Lotito anymore

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

ahem

Poorinho

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Eau de MacGowan posted:

are they still going to knock down the san siro?

that's the current plan (again), who knows though

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Gotta give Mou credit. No one dogs their own team like he does. Best in the world.

https://twitter.com/larssivertsen/status/1480665928656429062?s=21

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Eau de MacGowan posted:

is balotelli tearing up serie b, are italy just out of strikers, or is this just mancini’s inexplicable belief in balotelli kicking into gear again

he's doing pretty well in Turkey, but yes to the other points

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Doctor Teeth posted:

didn't see it because i refuse to pay for paramount +

did mckennie look ok?

i'd feel bad about doing nothing but asking that question in here, but it gets like 5 posts per month, so...

McKennie was ok, didn't really create much in attack, Juve are actually pretty reliant on him for that recently. Juve's MOTM was probably Bentancur because he had like 4 recoveries while tracking back, and that was really the only notable thing a Juve player did today.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Super League cash is going to fix all of Juve's woes, don't you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I’m still surprised anyone wants Ramsey. Enormous wages, barely featured, questionable attitude currently, and an extensive injury history.

He’ll definitely join Newcastle

Only possible selling point for him that I can envision for English clubs is that he has actually showed up for Wales at the Euros last summer and in WCQs.

The other thing about Juve's finances and Vlahovic is that the parent company approved an injection of €400m to the club over the span of 4 years, to offset revenue losses from the pandemic, and it could just be they're dipping heavily into that pile of money right away.

So yeah, basically some Fiat factory workers lost their dental plans so Juve could do this.