Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Azza Bamboo posted:

Ah, September. Month of "do you remember?" and "never forget"

Nothing happened in September 2001. How could it? September 1993 never ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Neun und elfte Luftkämpfer
Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont

He obviously liked reading a certain type of fiction, the type where gay liberals are plotting to make all of Europe Muslim for some reason.

You're among friends here, you can say "the Daily Mail".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

Why isn't there a Formula series for little 3 wheel cars that just plays Yakety Sax for the duration of the race?

Formula E fills that niche already.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

keep punching joe posted:

And also gently caress the 2014 no voters, stupid cunts.

https://twitter.com/UK_Together/status/506899714923843584

The SNP white paper worked on the presumption that oil prices would rise and maintain at $100/barrel, and they still spent the money several times while also putting it in a sovereign wealth fund. Not to mention that the rUK could at the time have vetoed Scotland's EU membership - it would have been horrific optics, but we're talking about Tories here so it can't be ruled out. More likely Cameron would have used it to wring a few concessions out of the EU, but that's moot because he was still going to lose the Brexit referendum.

Voting No in 2014 can only be considered stupid if you knew then that Brexit was going to happen. I don't think at that point Cameron had even formally promised to hold an EU referendum, and even if he had you'd also have to assume that he would win an absolute majority in 2015 (which even he didn't expect).

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I just want to know which tories have got investment plans for a chain of workhouses.

It's Rishi Sunak and you know it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

WhatEvil posted:

My secondary school had a set of "temporary huts" which had been there since the 60s. They were still there when I left in 2001 but I think they ultimately got rid of them a few years later.

The Portakabin classroom at Inverurie Academy was installed in November 2000 and was still in use when construction began on the new Academy in 2018. You do not, under any circumstances, need to "hand it to" the cunts who are responsible for terrorism in the Middle East.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

WhatEvil posted:

I.... just stated a fact. I'm not a fan of Tony loving Blair mate.

That was for Comrade Fakename's benefit, not yours. He's the one saying that New Labour got rid of the Portakabin classrooms.

E:

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

You can make batteries out of it, like lithium lenin

NiCd Bevan.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

And all it took was the Tories attacking their voters in the one place that matters to them - their pay packet.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Which reminds me of this Guardianactually the Observer piece that popped up in my newsfeed last night, in which they admit the game nature of the whole thing. At least I can eat yams.

The Observer is to the Guardian as the Mail on Sunday is to the Mail, except without the editorial feud.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Trickjaw posted:

Also, in people are cunts news, I was walking back from Tesco, there's a corner tgat always floods in rain, so it had paddling pool depths of run off water. Inevitably, a loving brake bros lorry whipped past through the puddle. It soaked me, and I lifted myself off my feet screaming ‘CUUUNNNNTTT‘, only 5o noticed a bus stop full of pensioners. I apologised for my intemperate language, and one old boy removed his mask and said "On tye contrary, you were quite right."

Just so you know, that constitutes driving without due care and attention. If you got his plate you could have him done.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tindalos posted:

Sort of, it's actually more silly than that.

Originally there was the river Granta, and the town was named after it.
Then the town's name shifted over time, becoming Cambridge, so they renamed the river to match.

Canta, surely? The original name being Cantabrigium.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

crispix posted:

young woman winning at the tennis, there, fairly knocked 9/11 remembrance off the top stories on bbc news :laugh:

The best part being that Raducanu is a Romanian immigrant, so the usual scum can't crow about how we got our first women's champion in 45 years as soon as we left the EU.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Other than him being dead which I imagine he would have preferred to avoid, it's hard to think of anybody in recent history who has achieved their life goals better than bin laden tbh.

Nigel Farage has achieved his life goals even better than he could have dreamed. Probably killed more people in the process than bin Laden, too.

(Farage's real goal was always the grift, of course. But I'd far rather history saw him as evil, destructive and anti-British than as just a stupid conman who put himself out of a job.)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

If that's not a euphemism it should be

Does your knob hang low?
Can you swing it to and fro?
Can you tie it in a knot?
Can you tie it in a bow?
Can you prop it on your shoulder like a military soldier?
Oh you'll never be a sailor if your knob hangs low

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

His Divine Shadow posted:

Are we talking NK or UK here, or both?

There's a difference now?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If anything she'll probably be promoted.

Patel is already in a Great Office. The only place he can promote her to is the Chancellory, and that ain't happening.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Even ignoring her personal politics which are obviously loving garbage, having the "lead" on women & equalities doing the job as second fiddle to Foreign Secretary says a whole gently caress of a lot.

It actually does. Normally a big party wouldn't double up a portfolio with a Great Office. That Johnson has says that there's nobody he can trust in the party.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There's also the unfortunate fact that another big chunk of those empty homes are in places that are basically dead. No jobs, no shops, no anything

Is it not at least partially the case that these places are dead because all the homes are being held empty?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Jordan Tyldesley's mother's biggest mistake: not having the abortion.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that Tyldesley is a massive TERF, by the way.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I would settle for obliterating homes under the hammer.

That would have to be a very big hammer.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

The real UK gold sitcom debate is whether the good life is praxis or actually just PMC suburban bores playing make believe. Also whether they were wife swapping with the neighbours (definitely were)

I believe that was more of a concern in Love Thy Neighbour.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

keep punching joe posted:

Clearly a winning strategy when the current government are outright racists, and being pushed from the right by an even more racist party. If you're a racist in Britain you're already well catered why the gently caress would you vote for Labour.

The poor and working class racist vote is a sizeable demographic. Which is of course why Keith is not offering them anything at all.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The thin blue line had an episode in which the police undergo racism awareness training, none of them give a poo poo, and then they immediately arrest the first innocent black dude they see. Which I think makes it the most realistic police show the BBC have done.

The Cops did a decent job of showing police as badly flawed people, many of whom had a thick streak of racism.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/alistaircoleman/status/1438556908827381760

RIP Sir Clive, who never had an internet connection because he considered it a pointless distraction, truly the hero our times needed.

For gently caress's sake, God, you're meant to be omniscient. When I ask you to smite that beardy oval office who made Spectrums, I don't expect to have to be more specific.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I see the police enforcement of Imperial measures has begun already.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I cook from British cookbooks occasionally, and I always wonder what a Gas Mark is, and why gas ovens don't just go by temperatures.

Gas Mark was a way to simplify the dials to set the regulator rather than the temperature, in the days before ovens had proper thermostats to control the temperature precisely. Gas Mark 1 is 275 degrees Fahrenheit, every step in either direction is 25 degrees.

Incidentally, Gas Mark is the reason why most supermarket ready meals are oven cooked at a temperature of 190 degrees Celsius - 190 deg C is Gas Mark 5.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Flayer posted:

Metric system is so much better designed and easier to calculate with and use than Imperial that you'd have to be moronic to want to go back.

Well, yes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Unkempt posted:

My favourite number is 142857. It's loving amazing and I have no idea how it does what it does.

It's the first six digits of 1/7.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

Not sure which is worse, how stupid Johnson thinks the average British voter is, or how often he's proved right

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1439722180430999552?s=19

The "worse" part is how sycophantic Kuenssberg is.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Miftan posted:

loving nazis man. Just the absolutely dumbest loving people on the planet. When has adding a swastika to anything ever granted it more credibility after 1945, and this is if (and that's a big loving if) you can look past the antivax idiocy.

I suspect that this is the antivaxxer implying that the NHS are Nazis.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

radmonger posted:

I wonder if politics would work better if instead of being sacked on losing an election, MPs just got relegated to the Welsh assembly or something.

Mostly they get relegated to the Conference.

Since we're running a football analogy, I do like the thought of rebranding the House of Lords as the Westminster Premier League and you only get promoted to it if you win enough elections. The Commons can stay as it is, though - it already has enough divisions.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The party members famously non-voters themselves.

A statement that gets truer by the day.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

When you do a click and collect order from wickes and choose to check out as a guest, it asks you to give the first line of your address. As you type this in, the autocomplete box appears with a whole bunch of suggested addresses. Is this everyone else who has ever guest shopped at wickes addresses? That seems a bit bad.

Have you put your postcode in at any point?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

example:

I think there are more than the like 12 addresses there in the country with "10" in them, why those ones only are suggested?

OK, yeah, that's definitely a security breach. Get that poo poo reported.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

kecske posted:

why does March 2017 get to have two colours?

Multiple reports?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Geronimo is basically llama jesus.

"The Dalai Llama" was right there, man.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Both alpaca and llama, as christ is both god and man.

He is the Llama, the Son, and after Starmer put a bullet in his head, the Holey Goat.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I was thinking :circlefap: how on earth do 'they' know whether someone is trans or not unless, I dunno, they issue transpersons with armbands, with maybe some sort of pink square or blue circle or green star on them?

Then this popped up on my FB feed:

Who is going to define a woman?

I think the point is that it isn't someone who you'd describe as "him".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Lungboy posted:

At this point I think you have to assume that they are all going to fold if they aren't called BG, E.On, EDF, Scottish, SSE or Npower

Total aren't going anywhere. You won't catch me shedding tears if Opus go tits up though, we've been trying to prise a supply out of their mitts for a year now and they just won't let it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

So the new episode of Podcasting is Praxis dropped, and they have new artwork for the show.

And the artwork shows Great Britain with the Hammer and Sickle over it.
But as far as I can see it doesn't show Northern Ireland on the image.
So the podcast image seems to be showing Great Britain as opposed to showing the United Kingdom.

Yes. Seems appropriate.