Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Thanks Spangly for the explanation on the last page of the previous thread. And I didn't think you were having a go Red Oktober, sometimes i find it worth clarifying when I'm asking something necause I'm confused and when I'm asking as a rhetorical thing.

The main thing that continues to confuse me was why she brought it over from NZ in the first place. Do they breed them in the UK? Couldn't she have bought a UK one? Why import it from NZ if there's such a risk of it getting merced?

E: forgot to mention earlier - walked to big sainsburys and found the sticker wielding opinion havers have been out and about with their spiciest takes:

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yeah there was definitely a dulux chart involved in that sentencing, loving hell.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh dear me posted:

Yes, that's the trouble. Otherwise I'd say reading fiction could be a fairly good element of treatment, given the evidence it increases empathy.
I feel like it's more true that empathetic people read fiction more, whereas if you try to force a chud sociopath to read they'll just have another thing to be mad about.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

sinky posted:

Red means good, right?

x

And this is before the full tax and food checks start :rip:
Britane salmon exports bonanza is post brexit windfall says the mail, no do not look at the rest of the chart just look at the salmon JUST LOOK AT THE SALM

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If nothing else we know twatson is capable of googling this thread, gives the right a convenient list of people to expel.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The invasion of Iraq was a dead cat to distract us from the true atrocity that Blair committed in 2003, recalling and scrapping every last Invacar rather than letting owners and collectors keep them.
it is so very late why did i make this

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yesss, children of men speedrun here we fuckin gooo

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Thinking a lot about Devon on the latest KJB episode saying that left wing conspiracy theories tend, on the whole, to be things that actually happened in publicly available documents.

And even if you point any of that out, you're still somehow a crazy commie doing an antisemitism.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

best start racking up those respects soon as you can

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

She's definitely hopped on the train of talking about a real problem (endometriosis is very bad and frequently mis/underdiagnosed due in part to it being complex and not well studied but also due to structural misogyny in healthcare), and then swinging around and blaming trans people, like if only the cis male endocrinologists were a bit more transphobic they'd suddenly be less sexist or something.
Looks like team lib have identified the correct problem and are gunning for completely the wrong solution agaaaiiinnn

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I think being British is part of my identity.
Arrested.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm sure he's a lovely man, I'm just going to mention him and only him in response to a question about the one person I hate the most.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

It genuinely is amazing that because the country has been occupied for 20 years that means that the occupation is the de-facto government and therefore automatically has the consent of the governed.

right but what about afghanistan

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

*pointing at train* hospital

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sanford posted:

Someone has just said to me “…and now with rumours of another lockdown…”

First I’ve heard of it - does anyone have any detail on said rumours, and if there’s anything to them?
I half remember seeing a bbc report from last week with Boris on the thumbnail saying that they might have to bring back some restrictions temporarily, during winter I think they were saying.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Plus wasn't there a whole thing about viruses tending to transmit less over the summer or something? So there might be a contribution to the autumn spike in cases anyway.

My parents have got it at the moment but they're both double vaxxed and have been frankly pushing their luck ever since, so no sympathy unless it gets serious. Dad's over it having had flu symptoms for a day or so and now Mum's got it.

I've been trying to get them to take paracetamol but it's like trying to get a geordie to put a coat on.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Dead Goon posted:

When I told my Dad the shelves were empty and he couldn't get the things he wanted from the shops because of a lack of lorry drivers and he voted to "get rid of the foreigners" he said the lazy people with no jobs can do it instead then.
Amazing how many of these cunts do nothing but complain about everyone around them being bad at their jobs, while also insisting that the unemployed should be hounded to death if they don't apply for everything available.

I'm unemployed for a reason, I'm poo poo at everything I've tried to do thus far in my life. Most jobs are just bust work to keep other people doing pointless poo poo equally busy. Stop making me do work.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

STAND NAME:「COBALT CORBYN」ゴゴゴゴゴ

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

As Boris Johnson awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a cobalt Corbyn.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/GabbyBellot/status/1435385097163784193?t=GaxTfNvNsm4tDb_MdS_GDg&s=19
This has the feel of a junior or online editor almost managing to organise something before the terfs noticed, but once they did they threatened to throw their toys out the pram if the seniors don't kill it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

As long as I live I will never be able to empathise with the position of people who were fine with Boris cheating on a wife with cancer, the ppe corruption, (allegedly) cheating on his pregnant partner, the incompetence, the needless covid deaths and the utter destruction of any scrap of trust Britain had on the international stage; but he talks about raising taxes by 1.25 percentage points and that is the thing that gets them howling for blood.

E:

Oh my god, 'I am a committed left-winger' I am so loving sick of these cunts just throwing around terms they don't remotely understand. loving google "left wing vs right wing," google even puts up a little boxout summarising it for what's left of their lead poisoned brains:

You cannot look at that, see equality, rights and progress on the left, see duty tradition and reaction on the right, and still call yourself left wing while denying trans rights.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 9, 2021

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also that stupid scottish terf hashtag is trending because Nicola Sturgeon shouted 'shame on you' at a guy repeating 'valid concerns' in scotparl, and now you've got a hash tag that says women won't be quiet being used to say that a woman should not have said anything. :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/murdo_fraser/status/1435673691967340545?s=19 (spoilered so as not to embed transphobia)

Welcome to the 5d brain knot.

E: 20 is the amount of times I will post this dog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHeW22FEoGw

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 9, 2021

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Pumpkin Spice Fudge

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh poo poo yeah, that 2nd one looks like a screencap from Dr Strange.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Are you seriously telling me that cambridge is built on the river cam?
You're going to go nuts when you find out about Kwaibridge.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

Don't talk to me or my child country ever again
Very much the large adult son of international politics.

I was too busy respecting are troops and never forgetting yesterday (and feel like I've said before), but on that fateful day I was late for a shift at the university canteen, conference season. Was expecting a mouthful from the deputy manager who was a cortisol fuelled homunculus always yelling because of the amount of jobs he had to work to keep afloat above his array of child support and maintenence payments.

Instead he was just standing there watching the TV. I asked what was going on and he said something to the effect of 'some oval office flew a plane into the world trade center.' I think I said 'shiiit' or a noise to that effect ans went to start the prep, not really understanding why it was a huge deal compared to any of the other explosions around the world killing thousands.

https://twitter.com/Barcajim3/status/1436488278392377374?s=19

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

Ahem, we call those "ex-pats" thank you very much. Unless they're Irish, in which case they're still just "Pat's*
The one New York thing I will never forget is getting to the part of GTA4 where you find out what their abbreviation for Patrick is and going uuuhhhhhhhhh...

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just on case any of you were going about your day with your piss non-boiled, here's one from facebook:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/593296

quote:

People with a lifelong illness should not be subject to regular reviews for eligibility for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). People suffering lifelong conditions should not have to prove they are still ill every couple of years.

Specifically the government's response:

quote:

The Department for Work and Pensions uses functional assessments to help determine entitlement for a number of benefits, including Personal Independence Payments (PIP), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and, for those claiming because they have a disability or health condition that impacts on their capability for work, Universal Credit (UC).

There is strong evidence that work is good for physical and mental well-being and that being out of work can contribute to poorer health. We want to ensure people who can work are supported to do so. The Work Capability Assessment (WCA) was designed to ensure that people receive appropriate financial support and appropriate work-related support. Reassessments are important to take into account changes in how someone’s health condition or disability affects their capability for work over time.
Toil peasants, work brings you freedom.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Payndz posted:

P sure that can be reduced to just three words. Just not necessarily in English.
Hell of a what3words result though.

Presumably it points you to the UC call centre in grimsby.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

He's almost right, the antisemitic left do crank in harmony. Worker solidarity, gland in hand.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

He looks like a 'this person does not exist' result trained entirely on divorced geography teachers.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The crisis on infinite Nate Betheas arc of trashfuture.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

there's gonna be like 5 asterisks to each part of that policy
* Labour immediately put all of their staff on zero hour contracts.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

I don't know what you expect a guy who owns a tool factory to produce other than a large tool?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pre-emptive "and I'm not saying this is a good thing," but it's amazing how many people think court cases are a matter of arguing right and wrong, rather than telling an authority figure which technical structure to apply.

Always interesting to see people who don't know how the law works turn into Vicki Pollard and try to 'yeah but no' their way out of things by explaining the full story of why they did something, only to have it completely ignored because the fact is, they did do that thing and were caught standing next to it holding the thing with which they did it.

I used to work for a warranty claims call centre and it was soul destroying having to go through again and again listening to callers, explaining the clause in the contract that meant we didn't have to pay, and them try to argue their way out of it with me. I was a temp being paid £9 an hour with absolutely zero authority and I needed that job to eat, what did they think I was going to do?

peanut- posted:

Is he really gonna sack Priti? Not sure I understand why, it’s not like all the obvious reasons related to her being a bloodthirsty fascist matter to him.
If anything she'll probably be promoted.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Sep 15, 2021

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

homes under the hammer and sickle.
landlords under the hammer

a five minute motivational montage every day of lardlords heids being stoved in set to 'walking on sunshine'

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Any character who is well written and recieved in the first series will slowly become a caricature from the 2nd season onwards.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If you can find an old Canon DSLR that does video on eBay, they have a relatively simple free program on their website that turns it into a pretty high quality webcam.

I have a Nikon and unfortunately there is no such free program, or at least not that I know of.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

WhatEvil posted:

Ehhhh I dunno. I'd still rather have an old DSLR vs a camera sensor. There's only so much you can make up for having a bigger sensor and proper optics. Up until late 2018 I was using a fixed-lens DSLR from 2003, which cost something like £200 at the time, with a ~4mp sensor and a 10x zoom lens, and still getting much better photos than my fancy 12MP smartphone camera.
Yeah sensor size means gently caress all most of the time - a DSLR from 10 years ago can still produce much more beautiful photos than a modern cameraphone can, no matter how good the iPhone's 'work out the outline and blur the background' filter gets, or how many extra lenses they add.

But megapixel count still seems to be the thing that people recognise in reviews and focus on. I used to have a Konica Minolta 5D, the colours it used to turn out were incredible, and it was supposedly only a 6mp sensor.

Still makes me mad that Sony are sitting on the natural+ processing and seem to be doing nothing with it.