Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7iGmwmHePI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

just use venus, or should i say venus 2

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwJFMjOz_l0&t=91s

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

thank god we no longer have a cheeto in the white house. trust scie;ce.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

slaps

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Slow News Day posted:

Now now, if you're gonna quote me at least give me credit. It took me quite a while to write all that!

we're all proud of you

only the best posts are quoted here

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

god that book was the loving worst egotistical and pretentious bullshit i've ever read

i was tricked into reading it a while back but it turns out the only reason it's popular is because he was a privileged rear end in a top hat who got to die a comfortable premature death

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

500 good dogs posted:

I want more climate doomer youtube videos where they at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knSGD0JqGuk

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

i heard there was a lot of blowing going on there at the time

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Cold on a Cob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zpTIrx6uAA

the way the host just spits out "during rush hour traffic" when talking about some protestors in this clip made me lol a bit

then i got to this bit and went full lol. lmao.

that is a motorist on the m25 hitting somebody and [...] that's a price you think is worth paying. to, not only for a life to be lost, but for the impact that would have on a driver trying to go about their normal business. can you imagine the impact of that?"

lol. lmao.

and then the hosts attack the guy for not having his own home insulated yet. lollllllll

comments turned off :thunk:

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Corpse SPAM > [Biosphere Collapse] Small Nuclear War Could Reverse Global Warming for Years

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

it's one of those sicko fonts. i stand by it

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

golf courses like the ones in scottsdale are swarming with cops and security cameras n all that

it's fort knox poo poo

you'd have an easier time pulling off a bank heist probably

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

blatman posted:

what if u heist the bank and use the money to buy the golf course and turn it into affordable housing

depends on how many banks you're going to heist

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Rectal Death Adept posted:

allegedly, hypothetically, you could come up with salt dispersal systems based on those things they disperse grass seed with

now the math on how much salt would be needed or how to program automated routes to get all of the green or how many drones and people you'd need to get all golf courses in one night to avoid the security crackdown once the first one dies is the realm of fantasy and implausibility

I mean you'd need at least 219 people and probably thousands of drones

You'd also go to prison for life for doing some ridiculous amount of "property" damage and just to save a few hundred billion gallons of water?

people should definitely not do this

even if this 219 man operation didn't get instantly infiltrated or whatever and worked, i wouldnt be surprised if they literally replaced all of the topsoil and planted new grass

golf courses make serious money and rich people will move heaven and (salted) earth to keep them up

i mean i guess it would be a seriously expensive blow to capital and also funny. it would probably be the most effective climate activist action to date at least

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Rutibex posted:

i'm pretty sure 220 dedicated terrorists could think of something better to do for the environment with their time than putting salt on a golf course

you mean when they're not posting comic sans memes

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

IAMKOREA posted:

I'll never stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

i might be on board with this

depends what kind of liquor an Earthshot is

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

drinking and driving: a post-mortem of the human race

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Car Hater posted:

*shrug*

Idk, I absorbed both threads long long ago and I know full well that I am in fact a coward for not martyring myself. They're not wrong there, they just want to be able to smugly point and laugh at the sad monk committing self-immolation, and don't believe that the flames will reach them.

you know ive been giving the whole "if it's that bad aren't you morally obligated to do such and such" some thought and reached some of my own conclusions:

1. nah

2. it wouldn't matter if i did anyways (even jesus christ himself made the world worse)

3. the people asking this question deserve to live through this

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

headline is technically correct

gonna slap a Snopes true on that one

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

tornados are cool. id let one kill me

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Mola Yam posted:

so long suckers! i rev up industrial society and create a huge cloud of smoke. when the cloud dissipates humanity is lying completely dead on the pavement

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Alobar posted:

you know maybe we're over reacting, you guys

i'm just gonna keep on continuing my life the way i live it until things are actually bad

you know, the whole wife, kids, picket fence in the burbs thing

it's absolute absurd that you think that we should get rid of cars or whatever you're going on about

and the nerve

the. nerve.

of some of you to be judgmental? as if any person other than god himself can truly judge humans in this lifetime?

get off your high horse, hippies :2bong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ODhjpqigHg&t=1s

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

something people repeatedly overlook especially in d&d is that violence is going to make up the majority of climate change deaths

the purpose and receiving ends of the violence will shape the level of dystopia we can hope for (barring consequences of external feedback loops)

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Shot
"It doesn't require magic, "

Chaser
"Plastics, idk some kind of bioengineered plastic eating bacteria or something. "

Do you think carbon capture is real too? Liberalism is having faith that tech will save us without understanding anything about the tech. Just a child's blind faith that anything is physically possible if we belief hard enough. That there are no real limits to physics.

if there's one thing i would say about splifyphus, it's that they would be the last person i'd call a liberal

anyways they're right in the sense that it's worth fighting for a death free from the boot on our necks

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

oh yeah well i had the worst commute

the chaos commute

i'd call in every morning and it was up to fate whether i was 5 minutes or 3 hours away

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

sometimes it gets a lil hot just go inside

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

im like 110lbs at 6' and apparently this is so concerning that my family unironically gifted me a huge tub of protein shake powder last week

reminds me of my time in new zealand where a specific stretch of american fast food joints was dubbed "fatty lane"

anyways skeleton crew rise up

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

another tornado not destroying arizona

can barely contain my disappointment

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

the fueling gas

the mewling rear end

the fooling brass

the tooling mass

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

the pooping lass

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

the grueling sass

okay im done

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

it doesn't physically hurt me to go outside (i'll see you next year summer) right now in phoenix but check this out

cherry picked this one from a couple days ago when the dichotomy was most noticeable

for non-muricans that's ~33C high ~13C low

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

the part of Melancholia i keep thinking about is when the scientist who had been refusing and even laughingly deriding a catastrophic outcome is faced with reality and immediately offs himself like a coward

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Rime posted:

Thought of the day: I wonder if the rising popularity of simulation theory is the result of non-religious westerners becoming consciously aware that they are destroying life on earth, and subciously seeking a coping mechanism which absolves them of their lifestyles and the existential horror of now being able to witness the collapse of the natural world in real time.

In the absence of a God, they've reached for "*The world is a simulation, ergo it is not real, ergo we are not actually destroying anything*". Go YOLO, live a high carbon digital nomad life, who cares, it's all fake and when we die we'll just transcend to heaven, I mean out of the "simulation".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Tabletops posted:

life would be fine. it finds a way. also there aren’t nearly enough nuclear plants to effectively poison the earth. not to mention they don’t have nearly enough radioactive material to truly irradiate the planet beyond life existing. you’d essentially need to neutron bomb the entire planet.

note: I think nuclear buildout is dumb for a variety of reasons. I also think people who think life will be extinguished on earth because of ACC are woefully uneducated on the history of life on earth.

if anything, a mass extinction will eventually lead to far more biodiversity than there was before it.

yeah i dont really give a poo poo about millions/billions of years into the past/future

on those timescales i was born like 1 second ago

basically who cares. it's the lamest form of cope