Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
ground floor

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Do people play sealed outside of pre-release?

yeah, idg why, but they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Actually they're just making it better

:getin:

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

mcmagic posted:

IDK why I missed it before but Behold the Unspeakable might end up as the best card in the set. How is this an uncommon?

i think its gonna get hurt when u consider that this set is probably gonna have a ton of enchantment removal. im still more afraid of the ninjas atp. and the wanderer

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

quote:

March of Reckless Joy - XR

Instant - Rare

As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may exile any number of red cards from your hand. This spell costs 2 less for each card exiled this way.

Exile X cards from the top of your library. You may play up to two of them until your next turn.

cool idea for a cycle

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Sampatrick posted:

The white march is going to be good when it's a stone rain and otherwise unplayable

if u say so

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
like his art. saddened hes gonna probably get removed from mtg. at least theres still wylie beckert

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

wylie is my favorite current mtg artist so it would super suck if he turned out to be a shitmonster too

shes a woman, op

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

1 mana value payoffs are dangerous D:

cool

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
references in magic are cring-

hope this isnt fake

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

kalel posted:

wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being first pickable

i would be extremely surprised

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

i drive

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

quote:

Hinata, the Crown of Dawn
1URW
Legendary Creature - Spirit Kirin
Flying, Trample

The cost of the spell you cast is 1 less per target.

The cost of spells cast by your opponent is 1 higher for each target.

hope this isnt good enough to break something. cause it looks like it might...

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Antillie posted:

Recently I went down to my local games shop to see about getting back into the game and as far as I can tell everyone just plays commander these days, a format I have no real interest in due to the no duplicates rule.

yep, commander freaks running amok nowadays. sad story but very common.

Antillie posted:

Also there seems to be a real focus on not making decks too strong. I honestly have no idea how good terrible my old decks are.

u sure thats not another commander thing? they have to do that social contract stuff bc the format is a mess that can range from jankville to legacy tier poo poo. afaik thats not rly a thing if ur playing a normal format.

Antillie posted:

I really just want to have some casual fun, not seal club other people who have newer or less coherent decks. In general I would greatly prefer to play with no power 9, no proxies, and no more than 4 duplicates. Are these reasonable expectations or am I just being dumb?

no more than 4 duplicates is a thing in every format ever. finding a player group thats gonna let u play the old cards but not be either legacy/vintage (which are insanely powerful formats that will kick ur rear end) or commander nonsense will be the challenge.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I like it a lot, evades hate and replaces itself later in the game when it's outlived its usefulness.

its a cool design but i cant 4 the life of me figure out if its gonna actually be good or not. gonna need ppl to take the fall and show me the results first.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Sickening posted:

Its just going to take some playing with it to figure out. Its a very interesting design space. Its basically a dash only creature with a useful channel.

I am curious, is the channel "discard this card and draw a card" or discard another card? Because if its just cycling, this card is dope as gently caress.

channel is always "discard this card", im pretty sure
and yeah, looking at the card w/ my middling spanish, its saying it discards itself

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

:dafuq:

remember the white march? good times.

if theres anything imperial customs strictly forbid, its knowing important names--especially kaitos friend, the future empress

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Doesn't really seem too out of place considering similar measures were taken to obfuscate the given name of Chinese and Japanese Emperors to make a clear delineation between the person and the Emperor as avatar of divinity. Especially given the fact in the Magic swtting true name magic is real.

i was making fun of the flavor text by- nevermind

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Arivia posted:

Dockside Chef makes sense as an mtg card but is awkward in terms of how close it comes to bigoted nonsense about Asian food traditions and safety (rumors about secretly eating dogs and poo poo).

huh? asian cultures do have a relatively large proportion of ppl that eat dogs. its no secret, either.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This set is gonna kick rear end

looking forward to draft it, at least. looks fun

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
thats y i said relatively. i know its a small minority

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
full gallery is up. https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/kamigawa-neon-dynasty

shitload of new cards. the ones that caught my attention are

^ this one just for the art Lol

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
disruption protocol seems to confirm that were getting a betrayer of flesh deck in standard

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
their really just throwing poo poo at the wall to promote a set this time around

https://yrstruly.itch.io/kamigawa-a-visual-novel

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

"fight spell with first/double strike" deserves to be here. third layer or so

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

fadam posted:

Chun seems nuts, right? Cast Time Warp every turn?

Gief seems cool and would be an awesome stax commander if he had better colours. It seems like there has to be some way to bust Blanka. The rest aren't particularly good commanders IMO. Honda is a joke and who gives a poo poo about anything Guile is doing. I hope at least some of these guys are Legacy playable.

ken looks like the strongest of the bunch by a longshot. ryuchads... we lost... again...
i like the cards, tho. their fun to read and thats all that matters 2 me.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

uggy posted:

I can’t read any of them

had the same problem. this was a leak and the tweet got deleted. i resized it and its slightly more readable.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
he should have ninjutsu. and thats obvious

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
actually, he should have ultra ninjutsu, where he gets in if theres an unblocked creature but does not replace it.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Instant called Daigo Parry that prevents damage from any target, if you have 5 or less life you may copy it any number of times and choose new targets

lol good

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

GonSmithe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7oS2IjkJEI

The song really sucks (please don't cancel me Japanese fans if they are popular) but they made a really gorgeous anime-opening for Neon Dynasty

i recognize this singer from the opening to 91 Days. i remember thinking that song sucked but then it grew on me, so that might happen here too

anyways, cool trailer. no idea wats happening, tho, guess i should have read the lore. plus no tamiyo compleation? fail.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
btw, kamigawa neon dynasty is a really good set. i think i havent had this much consistent fun drafting a set since like eldraine or ravnica allegiance. gj wizards

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
bro... ktk was 8 years ago.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
this set will have the most multi colored spells and fixing of the past 5 years (in terms of standard sets, at least) and it wont be close imo

Fucker fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Mar 30, 2022

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Defeatist Elitist posted:

its true but the other most recent threeish color set was Ikoria which has even lower numbers than KTK.

that wasnt a faction set tho.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

lol

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

+1 is a little weak BUT being able to make double Obs on cast is cool

lol cool.
sorry, jund, looks like this time u got beat

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

this maro article is kind of funny

eh... would have def preferred the godfather over nightclub gang tbh.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

-_-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Woke up this morning, got yourself a deck
Your papa never told you about modern tech

TotalHell posted:

You come into my house, on the day my ‘Walker is to ignite, and you ask me to cast Murder, for 1BB.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

"Just when I think I'm out, THEY FLICKER ME BACK INTO PLAY!"

lol