Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nighthand posted:

I really need to prune down my physical collection. Anyone have any ideas what I can do with 150 copies of llanowar elves?

Actually somewhat considering trying to make those 3d alter abacus life counter things at some point, though I dunno if the market for those really exists for cards that aren't emblematic rares for decks or what have you.

Cast glimpse and find a way to give them haste?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Legacy pit open getting towards the top 8

they just lost the stream though lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Day breaks and night falls. Daybreak and nightfall are nouns.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

say no to scurvy posted:

They still use "play" as a verb to mean put a land card onto the battlefield or cast a spell, eg

Isn't this specifically to denote when you can play a land off these types of cards as you never "cast" a land?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

HootTheOwl posted:

They strike me as being a little unwieldy as game pieces.

Nah, ask your LGS to install a dimmer switch and an easel for you

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Rhythm of the wild stompy. It's like gruul midrange but without the op cards and with a bunch of fun poo poo instead. It gets around the problem of etb value by giving all your creatures riot!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

It adds exclusivity and FOMO to everything they do

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

mcmagic posted:

People should stop bitching about the Reserved list. Legacy is a dead format anyway.

Legacy tournaments can pull in as many people as modern though? At least where I live there have been a few 40+ player legacy tournaments. There was the pit open, and the big missouri tournament that just got cancelled. People want to play legacy

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The problem with counterfeits as proxies is they then get traded and can gently caress up someone else's day. If your card is in a sleeve the judge deck checking you isn't going to pull it out to look at the back but someone trading sure is.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sickening posted:

Who remembers that old post where someone got their misty rainforest ripped in half by someone claiming they knew what they were doing?

Lol, fantastic. Even the suspected fakes I got I sent back to mkm for a refund. They never told me if they were really fakes :(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Aranan posted:

Or in a specific historical example, a card only being printed in foil and every single copy bends too much to not count as a marked card (Kess in a legacy tournament, I believe).

The nexus of fate buy a box promo did this too didn't it?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Seth's weird way of speaking has gotten worse

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Toshimo posted:

To what end? To play in dead rear end Legacy tournaments? If the format is unsustainable without counterfeits, just let it die and teach WotC the lesson it needs to learn.

don't know why people keep calling legacy dead. there are a bunch of legacy tournaments with no proxies, and even more with. people want to play legacy

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sickening posted:

Every time a kid somewhere sits down to play commander with a chinese proxy dual land instead of doing without, an improvement to the game as been made, not the other way around.

Proxy ok, counterfeit less ok

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

sit on my Facebook posted:

There's no reason your playtest cards should have authentic looking card backs. Functionally indistinguishable counterfeits are objectively bad because every one comes with a percent chance that some schlub is gonna get ripped off by them. If you're just cubing or whatever then your cards don't need authentic looking backs.

pretty much where i'm at with it. heck, even a judge check probably isn't sliding your cards out of the sleeves to check the back

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Standard is basically back to being unplayable.

Alrund, Goldspan and Chariot ruin the format. It's was lovely waiting so long for rotation only for the format to just go back to stinking again

my dude have you tried notable dead formats modern or legacy?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Lone Goat posted:

their previous post was asking for $100 modern decks, so no lol

Ahhhhh right

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

My local LGS does only modern FNM and I inquired about budget decks a few days ago just to have something to show up and jam if I wanted to join in on that but I didn't dig too deep yet.

If people are chill you might be able to borrow a deck for the evening until you get yours fleshed out. At my local club there are always people willing to loan one out.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

kalvanoo posted:

why does day 9 make so much more than every one else

He's been around for over a decade as a gaming personality and has done loads of starcraft and I believe hearthstone content as well. He also seems like a pretty good dude?

His intro to starcraft series is pretty good if you want to hear a guy gush about his favourite game for a very, very long time.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Covermeinsunshine posted:

The weirdest part about this is that this card is completely useless in play, from what I understand. It's like paying 1000$ for art series car

"You may only have PSA graded cards in your deck" and drawing only if you reveal a gem mint 10 graded card seem like they might be a little restrictive, yes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The children's artwork owns. That's gimmick art I can get behind

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yeah but if you want to play fish then you want to play fish.

Tokens sucks rear end but I love it. Plus it isn't like vials and caverns are non-transferable into other decks

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This is what I'm getting at, thanks Leperflesh. I'm not building an "optimal" deck, I'm not laying out hundreds of dollars for chalices and caverns right now, yes I'm building a "budget" version of a deck because I think it will be fun and I want to play locally and hopefully make friends. I'm not looking to play at Worlds any time soon. I get it, I'm not under any preconceived notions that I'm building a top deck or even the best version of that deck, I've done my homework.

Play fish if you want to play fish. Or play any other pet deck. Playing a deck that makes you happy and enjoy is better than being the misery grinder who gets angered when they don't sweep fnm with whatever deck won the most recent challenge

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bitterblossom is a cool and good card.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

A big flaming stink posted:

i dont know how it is these days, but when i used them about 5 years ago the dragon shield inner sleeves were ever so slightly too small and warped my cards slightly

This was my experience. Slightly too small dragon shields that wanted to bend my cards, kmcs were excellent.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

quote:

“twice that many of those tokens are created instead.”

• “equal to the number of permanents you control that are Spirits and/or enchantments.”

Please be good for modern tokens

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

• A new legendary creature card that combines two characters that previously each had their own legendary creature card

It's Odrivia, Odric and Olivia's daughter. The first Vampire Baby creature type

Comedy option: it's Nissa and Chandra

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I Before E posted:

That is fair, but imagine being able to say "I cast Dig Up, and I'm going to partake in the privilege of searching for any card I want, and not having to reveal it." at the table.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Just realized that a lot of the people who post in MTG threads also post in CSPAM (myself included) Wonder what the correlation is

The correlation is being insufferable

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The Shortest Path posted:

I'm a huge fan of Cleave if only because it enabled this joke.

voted 5, would buy a playset

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I hate that twitter cuts the top off images

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How do you find challenge deck lists? I can't find on the mtg website a specific link to them

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

poo poo yawgmoth seemed cool :(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

There was that amazing post about how diabetes turns your blood into razors and it still scares me

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Celestial Convergence, a card that, befitting a Prophecy rare, takes seven turns to do anything and can still backfire.

The card was even futureproofed against any viability by counting down with counters, preventing Proliferate from helping.

Could you hexmage this

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This is goofy enough I'll try to jam it in my token deck. Don't know if it generates enough value to bother, particularly to replace orzhov usurper

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

A Moose posted:

I'm generally pro anything that dunks on people spending $1000+ on a deck. I don't care how fun and interesting a format is, there's no way its THAT fun. Might as well milk them for all they can, and use that to fund more commander stuff and interesting standard decks

Expand on that

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pioneer has fabled passage or prismatic vista as a fetch. I always get the two mixed up

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Forest -> carpet -> carpet is a great t1 if it passes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Might do a prerelease today. I haven't bothered reading spoilers in the thread so all I know is we'll gently caress up exploit and Kaya jumped through a window

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yoked posted:

I think we owe the goon who wanted to build Merfolk in Modern an apology:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/4429421#online

Just when I think I understand the format, poo poo like this happens

This list owns lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'm almost done with my Merfolk deck and I've been looking at recent decks for inspiration so I'm running Subtlety and Mimic too - Subtlety is sick and it's by far the cheapest of those evoke elemental cards so a full set only cost me like $20. I'm probably gonna bring Merfolk to my LGS this week for Wednesday modern :getin:

If I wasn't about to buy a tabernacle I'd want to build this fish deck. It looks like a lot of fun

Wait what's the oboro for?

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 15, 2021