Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

government policy based on memes

they should ask twitch streamers next, they love a truck simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

A misearable pile of squirrels.

man i forgot Jo! was some kind of squirrel hive mind in a long coat

good times (really bad times)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ash Crimson posted:

I'm not saying that there's some sort of inherent sickness in the mind of English people that makes them vote for increasingly worse and worse tory governments

But there is sickness in the mind of English people that makes them vote for increasingly worse and worse tory governments

oh you're doing this again

nature is healing

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
there's no way most people could afford private health care in this country

we know from other industries that costs for things like this don't scale so $2000 dollar ambulance costs just mean 80% of the population can't use ambulances anymore and just die

note this isn't me saying they're not trying to do it, just that the bloodbath is going to be immense

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
yeah he should have will to powered himself till he turned Scottish and also a nationalist and also was leader of the SNP

idiot didn't even try

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

Yes. Noted fascist oval office Andy Ngo wrote about it for some scummy paper. Noted "I got hit by a milkshake but it was secretly full of concrete & gave me permanent brain damage, honest" twat Andy Ngo.

What was interesting to me was how fast cspam turned on one of their posters who did something, ill-advised as it was. They nominally flip-flop between nothing-can-ever-be-done nihilism and call-to-arms violent activism rhetoric. Now apparently they never advocated violence and have always been useless nihilists. They even played down how dangerous the proud boys are as an organisation. Truly the vanguard of the revolution.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I have found a good way to not care so much about all these new types of milk you can get is to have your material conditions deteriorate to the point where just surviving is the new goal

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
eh, i'm only as hosed as a lot of other people. Long term issues combined with living in a country that's deadset on getting even harsher and all that. It was one half hyperbole and one half gallows humour that I probably need to reign in. Things are rough but there's many more people with it worse than I have and there's more of them every day.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 4, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

The BBC is a mouthpiece on most issues but they aren't bigoted enough for the tory base.

that's not from lack of trying

it's because the tory base can't actually be swayed

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
unless they stay gone who cares

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
if they'd stay down it would save the world

but they're not going to

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
ah well, back to hell world

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
this is just my conjecture but you're seeing this stuff around the world and I think governments are just getting ready for constant protesting as the climate and inequality gets worse. The real kicker is the implication that they are not planning on doing anything about the causes. They're just giving themselves the means to lock us down. I expect disruptive and violent climate protesters to get hit with tougher and tougher sentences much like the woman who damaged the pipeline in America. They're going to make examples of people.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I wasn't sure about the "XR is an op" thing but this Insulate Britain lot behave like protestors out of a Richard Littlejohn book.

IB and XR are so ops. Like i'm 99% sure which means nothing but you know. The only thing i'm not sure about is whether the people involved are in on it or if they're being manipulated, like all the stochastic terrorists that the FBI created so it could then arrest them.

Beefeater1980 posted:

Sometimes this thread is miserable as gently caress and sometimes it’s a gold mine of amazing puns.

It depends who's posting. If it's ex-pats with good careers then there tends to be puns. If it's working class idiots who's lives are smoking wrecks and are going down with HMS BRITANE, well we tend to be a bit miserable.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 5, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MikeCrotch posted:

Too bad the left has a discipline issue when it comes to selecting candidates (see the Unison GS election)

If cspams taught me anything its that most leftists are still utter dogshit people and no good to anyone, but their heart is in the right place, sometimes. That's as polite as I can be.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Lady Demelza posted:

Are these people unaware that many of the elderly have moved on from coal fires and have embraced central heating? Some of them even have indoor plumbing. A few even eat pasta and the rest of that foreign muck!

the objective is to associate environmentalism with any and all negative repercussions of things like brexit. Poor, hungry, can't even turn a light on? Environmentalism.

These fuckers want to turn Earth into a hive city before the end. I guess that was always the end point of capitalism, before it finally eats itself, it will eat all life.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i would go into space, it seems expensive but you get a view of every holiday detination so actually a bit of a bargain

i would also like you to go into space

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

My condolences.

:thanks:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Payndz posted:

That reminded me of 'eco-nuts are evil and must be destroyed by red-blooded American manly men' technothriller Rainbow Six, in which millionaire author and supposed research genius Tom Clancey forgot that summer comes at different times of year in the northern and southern hemispheres. Which kind of seriously damaged the plot.

remembering how the R6 sniper gutshots a Red Army Faction guy so he dies slowly and goes into it in great detail because you, the reader, must also really just loving hate this commie unperson

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

happyhippy posted:

Expect a 'new knife crime measures to be introduced' within a week or two.

are you implying we're going to have to get knife licences?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i've been hearing people saying that pigs need killing for a while now

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ash Crimson posted:

Is this the brass eye mp

yeh

shame on chris morris and this most long of long games

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Here we goooooooo

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Nenonen posted:

It should be obvious that you should never wish murder or rape on anyone, or cheer at it. That's completely and utterly tasteless. If Farage died in a plane crash or a COVID denialist died of COVID then that's on them, but murder is a very serious, traumatizing crime.

The dude's dead already, why do you need to masturbate on it? Not saying that you can't be relieved that he's gone, we are all going to go one day and it's probably to the better that some would go sooner... but being glad that they were violently assassinated is not a good thing.

You absolutely should wish murder on those that desire or are actively performing harm on you and yours. It's like the least we can do. The rich and powerful desire certain parts of our society ill and you can bet they're acting upon those wishes. They have so many different ways of doing it. They don't have to get their hands dirty. They can kill us with market forces, means testing, privatization of basic needs, police violence, endless debts. Make us numb and confused then squeeze every drop of blood out of us. Forget climate change, if there's ever a reckoning the world will drown in blood.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

atal posted:

stuff like this is why only weirdos post in this thread anymore

wrap it up guys

The council of normies has spoken

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Trin Tragula posted:

Interesting thing.

Last month a longstanding C-SPAM poster (with an 06 reg date) in the USA got himself charged with attempted murder after apparently shooting at some Proud Boys.

His post history for his original and his alt account is fully available, and if you go back far enough, you can see him slowly radicalising himself over time. It's all just jokes and shitposting, until suddenly it wasn't.

If this thread continues going the way it has been for the last several years, then sooner or later we'll have someone who's either posting or lurking here, who crosses the Rubicon and starts to think they should act on some of the sentiments being thrown around here ten-a-penny ha-ha-only-serious, and that really isn't going to end well.

On a completely unrelated note, combating what they call "self-initiated terrorism", particularly involving use of the Internet, is already a hot button issue for the police, and will likely become even more so in the wake of yesterday. I also vaguely recall that some people ITT back in the dim and distant have had door knocks from Dixon of Dock Green after some particularly uncharitable posting in close proximity to major events.

By the way, encouraging or glorifying acts of terrorism is an offence contrary to section 1 Terrorism Act 2006. The offence is potentially triable at Crown Court, where the maximum sentence is seven years in prison.

If we're not comfortable with all this, then we really need to take a long hard look at ourselves, and what we say ITT, and what we tolerate being said.

On the other hand, if we've successfully run off the outside world and we're only left with genuine true revolutionary believers, or at least those who are happy to hang around with people who are, then I'd want to at least be expressing myself somewhere a little more discreet than the internet equivalent of the public bar at the Red Rose Club.

shut the gently caress up

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
property investors playing the long game

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Now we're out the EU what even are the consequences of pissing them off?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

lol they loving managed to take the two north Wales regions from Plaid

christ

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

(Greenwashing?)
And IMHO :tinfoil: :tinfoil: it seems that this and the 'green duty' to be added now when gas prices are shooting through the roof are designed specifically to undermine the greening of the UK because I imagine (and maybe I'm wrong) that The People will not be happy bunnies at all and demand an end to greening. (As well as the property transfer thing.)

It's this. Either the telegraph or times went off half-cocked and was already blaming the fuel shortages on environmentalism

add to that things like 'insulate britain' who's entire existence appears to be to poison the public towards any kind of climate activism. Combine this with the leaked COP26 papers that have various governments demanding any mention of 'climate activism' be removed. Yeah the west is definitely mobilizing against any possible change in society due to climate pressure.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

bessantj posted:

So this guy can stand there and say that, legally, yet someone in the opposition can't stand up and shout "you stupid loving oval office" at him without breaking some rule? loving police state of a country.

dude all the rules aren't enforcible

someone could absolutely have stood up and shouted that, they just didn't. Everyone's a coward, me, you, them. How the gently caress do you think it got this bad?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i would shoot them with duel Stechkin's while diving out a window into a big crate marked 'aids' and then i would have a laugh at this silly situation

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
because it would be funny

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I take great solace in the fact that it's actually far too late to fix climate change, it was too late 20 years ago, and it'll kill us all, and the rich and powerful are coming with us :smug:

That’s not true, you, like a lot of people, are conflating the fact that significant disruption is locked in, with total destruction. So yes we can’t stop climate change but we can stop it getting worse. It’s a moving scale. We are currently locked in to 1.5 c of climate change. We can survive that. If we do nothing this locked in temperature increases. I don’t know what’s so hard about this and i suggest you leave the climatology to the climatologists.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

haakman posted:

Just finished my MsC in climatology. 1.5 is the public line. We're way past that.

Ah efb.

What is 'way past that'?

Last I knew (or thought I knew) it was 1.5 - 2.5 depending on CO2 forcing. I said 1.5 because as you said it's the figure the ipcc puts out and I couldn't really be arsed to go into greater detail with people chicken littleling at the START of the calamity. There will be time to wail in the decades to come if and when it really is too late. My point was there is a whole lot of different meaning behind the phrase 'climate change cannot be stopped'. When a climatologist says this it means certain events and processes are locked in. When a depressed politic goons hears it, it becomes 'the death of all life on earth cannot be stopped'. Which is an insidious outlook because the main carbon contributors loving love people giving up. It's going to get worse as they start actively astro turfing climate fatalism and demoralised leftists just eat it up. A dangerous scenario is emerging where we have a chance to prevent total destruction but because we can't stop it all we just don't bother. I would hope you agree this is not optimum and climate fatalism is less than useless.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
that's art right there

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

jaete posted:

This whole post reads as ridiculously optimistic to me. I mean, to take just one country as an example, in India alone there are more than a billion people who will literally be able to no longer live where they are a few years from now, due to climate change loving up the environment completely.

It seems pretty predictable to me that once you have literally one thousand million climate refugees, there will be wars.

It is also pretty predictable that the reaction of every non-refugee country to this will be "shoot the refugees" (i.e. more wars).

It also seems pretty predictable to me that once the world economy gets completely hosed up due to the unprecedented numbers of people getting their lives completely hosed up and becoming refugees, this will have an impact on "first world countries" whose economies will then "shrink"; where by "first world countries" I mean "literally every country" and by "shrink" I mean "get completely hosed up".

But hey, maybe electric cars will save everything 50 years from now.

yeah see this thread did the 'hope is a lie' poo poo before cspam blackpilled itself

what a ridiculous mindset, where even if you're right all you've done is made yourself miserable, depressed and demotivated during the calm times

i've suffered from depression since i was a teenager and unfortunately it's made me really unsympathetic to people choosing to wallow in this poo poo

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

there's one thing for autocrats like Boris and Trump, they like to say the quiet part loud

i doubt this will surprise anyone here but i assume he knows that COP26 is already hosed

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

WhatEvil posted:

Putting aside the whole "rich white person demanding that everybody else suffers" thing for a moment, she's probably right.

There are enough people in the UK in poverty that for a large portion of the population, wartime-style rationing would lead to an increase in quality of diet, plus climate change is absolutely the scale of problem that going to a "wartime" footing in terms of dedicating like 25-40% of the economy to fixing it is appropriate - anything less won't do it.

Edit: Though yeah, rationing as part of a much larger scheme could be a good thing in some respects, not just to solve climate change on its own, we need to retool the whole economy.

She's right but the way she's putting it is exactly how you'd do it if you wanted to scare everyone off the idea at a time when lots of people are at the end of their tether

Because you knew wartime rationing would one day end, where as this is permanent. I guess credit to her for not saying 'Wartime rationing, but worse'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Well i've tried shocking the public into caring by telling them everything is bad forever better start eating dust idiots and they all told me to gently caress off and continued to buy bacon?? SIGH!!!!! Nothing matters.