Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

kimbo305 posted:

I rushed through to the end of last thread to try to suggest this, but it was too long, too late:

Last time we went out it was 2 fish sandwiches, 2 chicken sandwiches, a large Dr. Pepper, and a milk, all eaten with no manners.

Honestly, the milk was the weirdest part of that. Like what kinda place serves chicken and fish fastfood but also milk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I still don't understand what the gameplan was with Satan Shitplane girl. Like what was the hosed up dominance masturbating supposed to do, in her mind?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Serephina posted:

My [28F] Girlfriend [30F] Is A HUGE People Pleaser and Its Ruining Our Relationship.

Just end it now. She will never change if she hasn't changed by now. Staying with her will only mean you get dragged further and further into the black hole of utter losers she has as 'friends'. Jfc people in their 30's mooching rides cause only one person has a car, its like they never left high school.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

You pretty much just search for whatever word(s) you think would have something funny or horrifying.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Just divorce her, she's the rear end in a top hat for calling a minor chub "rapey"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I don't necessarily mind when people go off on tipping or share their 2 cents on socks with sandals or w/e, just as long as there's content to go along with it. Argue about punching babies all you want as long as you're posting some stories with it.

Also on a sorta related note, can we not do the thing where one person slams out like 4 stories back to back to back? Like within minutes of each other? It buries stuff and is also kind of obnoxious.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Yeah, never married, not his sperm or his name on the birth records, just bounce dude.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

MarcusSA posted:

Couldn’t he technically still be on the hook since he’s essentially been raising the kid since birth?

Possibly? But she'd have to try and take him to court and if he's not on the birth certificate that really hurts anything she might try.

edit: like im no lawyer but I have seen more enough custody bs here, and she has really hampered herself with her weirdass paranoia

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 22, 2021

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Antianime guy definitely has issues, but this is totally an ESH situation, cause those nerds are gross and obnoxious sounding, and the GF is blind both to that and to how easily some of their skeevey bits could come back to bite her. Stuff like oh, having a minor over at your place with a bunch of drunk near 30 year olds. All that takes is one parent getting a whiff and the cops are getting called.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

spacetoaster posted:

I would think the first thing to happen would be to go over and ask the neighbor "WTF, I picked it all up and cut your grass. I thought we were good?" And see what he says.

The kind of person who tells you that everything is cool, and accepts compensation from you for a resolved issue and then still snitches is probably some kind of psycho.
about it.

Yeah the neighbor is a loving rear end in a top hat for calling the cops after he got not only an apology and cleanup, but some makegood work done as recompense for a really incredibly minor problem. The OP then crosses over into being a dick as well by blasting sound all day erry day.

edit:

Sisal Two-Step posted:

My (28M) ex-wife (30F) can't stand how close our kids (6F, 3M) are with my boyfriend (25M)

lmao get hosed lady, you reaped every last ounce of this and frankly I'm glad your current husband doesn't want to give you another acessory beloved child if this is how you act to someone they obviously really like

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 22, 2021

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Y'all are having some bad takes on this one. So what if his church or sect or w/e doesn't care, he personally does. He didn't have a screaming tantrum, he explained his issue and asked for the name to be changed. When everyone else disagreed, he backed down. Didn't shun or insult the other guy, just refused to break his own personal religious conviction. NTA, firmly.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

pentyne posted:

I think when they want to make a scene over a characters name in a Dungeons and Dragons game, then their entire holier then thou arguments can eat poo poo because clearly they just pick those battles whenever its convenient.

You realize that you're siding with the guy who's response to "that's offensive to my religion" is "lol stop being such a sensitive snowflake", right?

edit: and what the gently caress does playing DnD have to do with it? Its a game, he doesn't have to think its real just because he believes in a god.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 23, 2021

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

What a colossally poo poo take from the arbitrator of religion.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 23, 2021

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Why the hell did you stay friends with people who took years to discover the simple boundary of not constantly trying to gently caress literally everyone, even after refusal????

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

thotsky posted:

They dated for a short while, basically as teens, then broke up. After a six month grace period it seems acceptable for the step sister to go after the guy. Clearly not ideal for OP, but it's not like it's a crazy thing so she should try to get over it rather than go out of her way to hurt her step sister. If she's not over this guy then just don't go to the wedding.

Op and exbf are firmly in their 20s, even two years ago. Also generally if you're super close with a sibling and you care about them, you usually make a point of not snapping up their ex in the aftermath of the breakup.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Mom just wants to make it go away instead of doing anything about the shitheap she married taking it upon himself to be a lovely little dictator.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

1stGear posted:

If you are capable of making informed decisions, you are allowed to refuse any and all medical care.

Also its nothing like the movies, it takes like 10 minutes to bleed out from something major.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

10 minutes doesn't seem like enough time for the doctor to suggest a hysterectomy multiple times and be denied then figure something else out.

He's not sitting there with his hands up his rear end while asking, two things can done at once. Also note how I said major, not any old bleeding, and also you lose consciousness long before the death point. If you're talking still, you're not dying just yet.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

A little mean to the kids but he probably didn’t know they were listening. I guess it’s the price you pay for being a legend.

It also seems to not be the first time they've tried to shove 3 drat kids onto people who have 0 connection to them or their entire family. Be mean if you have to, but you have to shut moochers like this down hard or you'll never be free of them.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

ikanreed posted:

No, a feud is when you take something someone else did to you, and you use it as a basis for another aggressive (or in this case passive aggressive) act.

This thread lives and breathes for assholes getting their comeuppance, but a lot of it just seems to be people who can never let slights go and must escalate or perpetuate.

And shut the gently caress up, I hear you assholes calling that being a doormat already. You know there's a difference. Standing up for yourself and getting really petty revenge aren't the same thing.

Lmao

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

:murder: Wasn't on the job and it was literally just some jokes, what a loving narc rear end in a top hat. I hope she enjoys the hostile work environment she's made for herself and that it compliments the taste of the boot in her mouth.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 18, 2021

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling a guy that a mobile game was more important than him?

Straight into my veins, god yes. Another Pete level spine on full display, perfection :discourse:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean it's also possible it was an intentional prank or they divide labor in the household fairly and it's an arrangement everyone enjoys. It's not unexplainable or inexcusable it just stood out to me as a bad look, particularly in this thread.

Or, y'know, maybe the person married to a japanese woman knows japanese. You literally just made this up in your head to scold it, from like two sentences.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

5 years older than the doctor, no job (unwritten but I get the impression he still lives at home as well), and happy to help his parents try to scam his fiance out of the cost of a big fancy dinner.

Why the hell is she with this dude at all???

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

So I guess I'll see this thread after it gets a timeout for having another huge fight over a prickly topic like, a day and a half after the last one.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I think the grown woman making a scene and dramatically wiping off their hand on a bystander to get rid of the "burning" from touching a person might just be the rear end in a top hat, pretty much universally, unless I missed the part where she's actually 7 1/2.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Charles Get-Out posted:

You can definitely enforce verbal contracts, especially if witnesses exist. The more problematic aspects are the desired behavior and the vague terms I'd think.

Can does not equal will be able to. 99% certain that there were no witnesses and that it was done over a phone call or something equally un confirmable like in person.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Your boyfriend has let internet politico poo poo get to his head, only choice now is to put him down cause its only gonna get worse.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Elissimpark posted:

I'm curious how 'decent' the price was. I'm imagining the collector spectacularly lowballed the idiot fiance once they realised he had no idea about trains.

I can almost guarantee you that the dipshit tossed them off way below value. To him the trains are garbage competing with him for attention, and so any amount of money is 'decent' because it got him paid and the competition gone.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

QuarkJets posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with this person? A brain tumor?

Yeah, its shaped like a bird and is blue.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Its a little long and kinda rambles over itself and he does suck, but boy is she burying some lede in there!

quote:

Feeling weird (26F) about Fiancé's (21M) new group of friends (18F-27F).

Throwaway account because my fiance knows my main one.

I have been feeling weird about a new group of friends my fiance has made friends with. It doesn't feel like jealousy but something feels odd everytime he mentions he's going to hang out with them.

Me and my fiance have been living together for 2 years and have a pretty solid relationship built of trust. When we first moved in together, we moved to a new city where we have lived since and have had difficulty meeting new people. I am particularly choosy when it comes to making friends and he on the other hand makes anyone his friend whether good or bad.

So he recently continued going back to university after a long break due to mental health problems and I work a full-time job. He momentarily worked part-time and through this job he met this group of ladies. At first I did not have a problem since he was hanging with a mixed group of guys and girls from this workplace and they all seemed like nice people and I encouraged it. Then I went back to my hometown for a week to visit family and during this time I saw on snapchat that he was posting that he was drinking at one of the girls from this group's house (I don't know if other people were there); the weird feeling began there. I was in no way threatened by the girl but it just seemed odd because he talks highly of having boundaries with the opposite sex. When he came to visit me in my hometown he let me know he stayed the night because he drank too much and I said well its the safer choice then driving home drunk and didn't say anything else.

Throwaway account because my fiance knows my main one.

Now we're going through financial hardship since he has decided to go back to school and quit any work at all relying on gig economy type jobs to support himself while he's waiting on his loan/grant money to come through. When he should be working he isn't, however, and it particularly irritates me when he says that he will be hanging out with this group of 3 girls from his job when he should be working. He also will go on the weekend to hang out with them and he's gone all day. I work Mon-Fri so the weekend is the only time we can spend a whole day together. His friends on the other time don't work full-time and he could hang out whenever with them.

I should add that when I talk to my partner about how weird I feel I always bring up how it might be due to the double standard that he's said no male friends since men always want to be more than friends. I don't care cause I don't care to make male friends but if he gets to be friends with girls then why cant I? And he always replies well women don't normally make friends with those intentions. Hello women can be homewreckers too!

So anyways I genuinely do not feel threatened or jealous I know how that feels. Instead I feel weird about all of this. Can anyone explain why I am feeling this way and is it wrong of me to ask my fiance to not hang out with this group of girls?

TL;DR Fiance hangs out with new group of female friends from previous part-time job. Has previously stayed over ones house. Going through financial hardship since he's back at school and is not working but still going out with them while I am responsible for financially supporting us. Why do I feel weird about all this?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Serephina posted:

Lady's marriage has come apart, but she has nothing to say to or about her husband. But what's really keeping her up at night was if she was being rude to a third party. f'sure.

As pennance, here's a question about kids these days:

When should I tell my boyfriend it’s over?

So uh, is that normal these days? Once the romance is over you just go full scorched earth and block people? I think I probably have (outdated, nonfunctional) contacts from all my exes since I'm a decrepit hoarder who never throws away contact info. Worth noting that when she asked for space/peace he voluntarily stopped contact.

Did you miss the part where's he's a psycho abuser? He stopped contact not because he cared but because he saw it as the first sign of his victim caving to his demands. He'd have gone right back to manipulating and abusing her the second the break was over and they were speaking.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Man y'all are blind, the food was not the issue here, or even really the cost she says repeatedly that she can afford it easily on her own. The BF is just a douche who's going "beep boop, feeding animals cheap sawdust with no medical care will allow a house 0.0004% faster, this is most logical"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

haveblue posted:

It reads like abuse because the kids are having a very extreme reaction to... something that is not in the post

Also, what hospital?

I couldn't resist and searched it up. She 100% is covering up abuse, of all kinds probably, and is trying to will herself ignorant of it. Hopefully the sister will get the eldest son and get the kids some loving help, because mom sure isn't going to.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Funktastic posted:

AITA for making breakfast way before my kids wake up?

Lady, you lucked into not just one, but a pair of teenagers that not only exist before 11am, but do so willingly. Why are you trying to gently caress this up for yourself???

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

As I can only give out sixers I’ll leave it to someone else to deal with this part.

EDIT: How hosed up is Harry Potter that the post was indistinguishable from the usual Jewish slurs?

A lot of it is the goblins, who are tiny, and ugly, with long hooked noses and propensity for violence that are more or less indentured to run the wizard banks.

Content so this isn't just derail adjacent! Buckle in, cause its a doozy.

Sent here from r/relationships- My ex's wife catfished me and has been stalking my life. Need advice. (self.legaladvice)

quote:

Updated Info: Location: (PA, USA)

I'm going to just copy the post I had up on r/relationships as it includes everything.

Hi everyone, I usually browse on reddit so this is one my first times posting anything. Using a throwaway because I really don't know if this girl is also stalking my main account and don't want her to harass me over this post too. Sorry if this gets long, there's a fair bit of backstory to include.

So besides what happened, the really crazy thing about all of this is that I dated my ex 14 years ago. We dated on and off for one year before breaking up for good. We didn't have any more contact after that until maybe 5 years ago when facebook really took off and I added him. We exchanged some casual messages asking how the other was doing and that was it. It was around this time that he met his girlfriend, now wife. I remember that during one of these months I was going through a box of old photos my mom had sent over to my new apartment and I found a silly one of him and his best friend who passed away. I messaged him on fb and told him about it (I think this was before you could send pictures via messenger) and said "Haha good memories in this box." or something like that. A day or so after I sent it I was deleted from his facebook. I took a guess and figured his girlfriend didn't want him talking to his exes so I left it at that and never contacted him again.

A year later I get a message from his newly-made fiancee (lets call her Karen). Karen basically wrote me this long message saying I was a horrible person to him, I was a slut, she was so happy he was marrying her and not me, that they go on better weekends away than our "meaningless sex filled cabin weekend" and that the "diamonds he gave you were fake, which suits you". The last bit apparently was referring to this necklace he had bought me when we were dating that had three small gems on the pendant. I was pretty baffled as to why that even mattered but I didn't bother to respond. I didn't understand why he had told her all these details and more importantly why she felt the need to attack me over something that happened long before her. I deleted her message and soon after I just got off facebook altogether for a while.

Years went by and I thought that was it. However, this past November I started to talk to a "guy" I met through a dating app. We began texting every day and the thing is "he" even face timed me a few times. It was a guy who I saw and spoke with. I didn't think anything was suspicious because of this. Looking back a lot of things make sense now, like how they would ask me about my past, ask me who I considered my "greatest love", who "the one who got away" was, asking who my daughter's father was (this will come in later). For months we talked and I was honestly falling in love with this person. They would just say all the right things it seemed.

This past Sunday we agreed to meet. We set a date and time (yesterday). I sat waiting for "him" so when a small petite woman approached me I didn't really register what was going on until she sat down and said "Hey babe." and I got a good look at the face, and yup, it's Karen. I was in completely shock. Like I just sat there because I honestly felt my brain turn to sludge and my stomach dropped out of my butt.

Basically what was said after this- Karen told me she had initially been on this dating app posing as a guy to get info about another girl who worked with Jon who she thought liked him, and then she came across my profile. She said she thought it would be a good opportunity to "get answers" to questions she had had about me and Jon. She questioned the paternity of my daughter for a long time, because her age made her think that there was a possibility it could be Jon's (it's not. she is off by at least 2-3 years). She also said that my daughter had some similar features to Jon which made me even more bewildered as to how she'd even know. She said she'd been following mine and my sisters' instagrams and social media and had seen the pictures there. She then told me she had to find out how much Jon had mattered to me, if it was a great big love, etc. I asked her why the hell it mattered and why she couldn't just ask Jon what he felt. She said that she didn't want to hear him talk about me and suspected he'd make things less than they seemed because it would sound better.

I asked her who the guy was when I face timed or called. She said it was her friend who was in on the whole thing to make it more believable. She said she needed to make it "more legit" because otherwise I wouldn't open up to "him".

I just asked her "why" at the end of it all. She said that she had seen the message I sent him 5 freaking years ago about the picture and she was really upset because she would never be able to be a part of his life the way I was back then and she didn't have old pictures of him and would never meet people who had been important in his life back then. She said she was suspicious of me and him and what we had since that message and since we were friends on facebook after 'all that had happened' between us. Like...we dated for a year. When we were teenagers. It was mostly hormones, not burning passionate love.

I got up and told her to never contact me again. I deleted my profile on the app, blocked her and jon on facebook, privatized my instagram and told my sisters to do the same. The last day I've just been sort of in a daze. I don't know where to go from here. I just feel so sick and almost violated in a way that I've been going on with my life as normal and here is this woman with some senseless grudge against me who has been monitoring my accounts and my life and gaining access to my trust all because I dated her husband almost 15 years ago. I guess Im on here for advice on how to move past this and if I should/can do anything legally about this? It feels too big of a thing for me to just let go without her dealing with some sort of consequence.

tl;dr: My ex of 15 years ago's wife posed as a guy on a dating app to gain my trust and get back at me for dating her husband when we were teenagers. At a loss for how to move forward from this and what I can do legally.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

People really need to get with the idea that it's ok to end a relationship, even a good one, if it means not having to spend the next several decades dealing with lovely inlaws. I don't care if it's been 15 years of happiness, if your mom is acting like I'm 10 in my own goddamn house or w/e, either cut them off or I'm out. There is nothing worth putting up with poo poo like that from supposed adults.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

im staying out of the fight, but i do wanna point out that in the story that spurred this, not only did the invite name the entire family, but the only 'child' that went to the actual ceremony was 19, she found someone/someplace to watch the actual children

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 28, 2022

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Feel no shame outing the gay bigot who would happily be stomping on your head to fit in with their lovely pals if said pals werent happy with just calling you subhuman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Of course she hasn't, those kinds of places are for poors