Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Serephina posted:

'Antiwork' is basically NEETS making poo poo up to rationalize their lifestyle. It's safe to skip over anything you see/hear from that subforum.

Here's something you know the answer to just from the title:

What is a healthy amount of sex in a 2 year relationship?

"I'm over sex" says the 20 year old, totally healthy.

Menopause is rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I'll take the new hire out to lunch and pay for it out of the bonus (if I like them) but drat if I'm doing anything else.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Sounds like the divorce was a shitshow at probably the worst possible time for him and they never really worked through that.

God I feel for this guy, he’s an even-more-damaged version of me. Not my exact circumstances, but a shitshow divorce and remarriages as an adolescent is rough. Reading the way the guy talk about how he feels is physically painful.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

aardwolf posted:

How much of them... what percentage of their body volume is ears? :allears:
Are there really no responses to the Fennec Fox being "why the hell are you keeping a wild animal in a studio apartment?"

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Kuros posted:

Come one! Come all! Come see the amazing man without a spine!

AITA for yelling at my wife infront of my family for putting salt in my mom's birthday cake.

https://youtu.be/OlTHryjhRyM?t=98

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Even without the autistic child it's an underhanded gift by the dad. He gets to look like the good guy to his daughter for buying the kitten, meanwhile he works long hours and the stay at home mom has to do all the work of looking after the pet.
loving hell id work long hours too. Also I’d take my daughter and the kitten to work with me, and get my wife some loving help.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Parents were loving assholes. They could have introduced the idea immediately upon seating, rather than trying to control a complete stranger, then they could have loving DISCUSSED IT LIKE ADULTS. Instead they were passive aggressive controlling assholes. Yeah yeah yeah, they were tired and having a sick kid sucks, but I've traveled with sick kids and was always clear and apologetic, and uh TALKED TO THE loving FLIGHT ATTENDANT.

Also how the hell were there 4 people in one row that wasn't a center?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Batterypowered7 posted:

He's got the mom that raised him and the mom he bangs.

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Something old, something new, a faked conversion, and hey gently caress you.

Goddamn I love this thread.

I love the MiL that finds her deadbeat son in a bar, did the location get posted? Feels very Australia to me.

Also reminded me that my wife’s toxic mom complained that they weren’t cooked for when they came to meet their granddaughter. Hope she’s enjoying the nursing home, we wouldn’t know.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Whoah boy theater handjob girl is a bit too familiar. ADHD at best. Borderline at worst. Bored, no interest in something new, wants attention, has learned how to get it, and is humiliated that it didn’t work.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Biplane posted:

This deep aversion a lot of people have towards adoption rustles my biscuits something fierce.
Both of my kids are adopted, and I always try to read about these decisions charitably; I 100% understand why people are cautious abut the adoption process. The level of investigation, counseling, and oversight and bureaucracy involved with adoption is crazy. Yet also a good thing.

It seems crazy to me that people can gently caress and the baby comes out nine months later, which is what leads to a lot of the horror shows in this thread.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for calling my friend’s boyfriend a stupid boy after his negligence destroyed my shoes?
I’d bet money that these were Louboutans, given as they are described as distinctive. Which means she’s not old money (they’re gauche) and these legit could have been an prized graduation gift (or milestone self-gift) for somebody with a professional-but-not-rich background.

Similarly, up until recently having a vacation house on or near the water was achievable for common people in the upper Midwest, where there are a lot of lakes. My family didn’t have one, but we knew people that did, and my mom’s third husband has one that the grandkids used for stuff like this, it was great. The place was empty most of the time, and kids have summers and breaks off, their parent don’t.

As an aside, I’m seeing some VISCOUS fighting in families now as different kids try to get ahold of these often modest cabins to live in, because, you know.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Would either of those involve remote interviews? It seems like she's going for a corporate sales role.

Not to say that the husband isn't massive piece of poo poo for his behavior, just that her aspiration for a sales job doesn't make her sympathetic.

Yeah she should get a VP job at Google.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Mr. Lobe posted:

Thankfully she's about to leave those backbiting, overachieving psychos behind
And entering an Ivy. If she’s doin premed those skills will be handy.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Electric Wrigglies posted:

*I remember being at an industrial site one night shift and there was a call from a car crash a few km away (closest other care about 40 km away), they asked if we would roll out our ambulance/jaws of life/etc and guys there but my shift boss turned them down - site ambo is for if our site has an accident and de-manning the site increases our own risk - kind of feel bad about it even 15 years later.
I had something similar happen. I didn’t make any decision, but my life would have been at a tiny percent of risk if the ambulance left. Still haunts me.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

haveblue posted:

Say you'll take care of the seat. Have an incredibly embarrassing seat cover installed
She owns, this would own.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

surc posted:

I feel like if you're mad that your gift to another person didn't get partially returned to you and you also recognize it's a faux pas to ask for some of your gift back, you are fundamentally missing the point of a gift and also why it's rude to ask for some of it back
A consumable is often gifted with the desire to become closer to the recipient by consuming a portion of said gift together.

Like I dunno friends or something.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I love spicy food but would never order it on a date. I’d worry my nose would run.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think it's more "my soon-to-be-ex is staying in the house and I want to go somewhere where I can be around people I know for emotional support" even if their idea of emotional support is finding someone else to be their punching bag.

Rich people have big houses and staff, or at least housekeepers, so houseguests are fun and not a chore or invasive. I guess unless they’re assholes.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yep, just because one parent sucks doesn't mean the other parent doesn't suck in a different way.

The girl is still hurting and hurting her mom back as revenge. Dad needs a needle vat before the acid vat.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Desert Bus posted:

The state I live in, Indiana, doesn't have a motorcycle helmet law, and it's insane how many riders don't wear one.

They do have mandatory eye protection (now).

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

hawowanlawow posted:

I was talking about the people trying to justify paying that much for a knife in general, dumbass

Yeah if they had bought a ps2 in 2000 with 20 games and 4 controllers that’s a much better use of $2k. It appreciates too, not like stupid knives you can’t even stab wood with.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
drat, improv as a superpower.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Beachcomber posted:

I think it's probably tragic that she had to legally emancipate herself, and she should be entitled to as much sympathy as if she were an orphan.

Yeah, maybe worse since busybodys won’t try to connect her to dead parents.

“I don’t owe you an explanation or apology, I didn’t want to talk about it and still don’t.”

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I just caught my boyfriend of 3 years in a hotel with another woman.

Some alcoholic I know (not me I swear) brought home two hookers when he thought he was getting drinking buddies.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Nuebot posted:

He also followed her after she walked away which seems kind of weird to me? Sure it's possible OP might be putting the most romantic spin on things as possible but still.
He could also be one of these people that tries to repair things that can't be repaired.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Probably not with someone they sized up to be a John, though.

It gets awkward when they want to get paid though. So I heard.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I know exactly how I feel about this one, fortunately:

AITA for not giving my sister my son's old toys?

Does her sister think she's going to be able to resell them or something? I thought the craze was a one-time thing.

GIVE ME YOUR BABIES!

Naw, sister promised them to her kid and is now facing the horror of not being able to give away other people's things.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I own a tux I've only worn once so I'm DYING to get invited to another black-tie affair.

Turns out you can buy a decent used tux and have it tailored for not much more than renting a well-fitted polyester monstrosity.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's not an ultimatum, that's a dealbreaker, and a pretty reasonable-sounding one to me.
I've seen an insecure irrational fear of your partner's exes wreck more than one otherwise-great relationship. Christ, they're exes for a reason!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Enos Cabell posted:

I assume dad wouldn't want weeds growing out of his brand new wood floors. Son did nothing wrong!

the fake funeral story is one of my favorites from this thread
This is why you never hire an illiterate house cleaner. My wood stairs were ruined right when we put the house on the market. She was like a little puppy so proud that she shined the stairs with IIRC Windex.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Mx. posted:

AITA for not cutting my hair even though someone told me it was bringing back their trauma?

Once again wpp lining up to yell at the POC in the group for bullshit reasons. This is so loving familiar.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Many amazing people have come from Ohio. The thing they have in common is they all left.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Gimme gimme gimme!

I just don’t understand these. Then again I’m lucky enough that my own financial house of cards has yet to crumble. Expecting what should be a still-achievable ‘normal middle-class life’ for yourself and your kids just dissolve must be rough.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Aunt directly to acid vat, but the slow one.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Aha, I dropped out as a philosophy major and later completed a BSEE. Electrical engineering was a breeze compared to philosophy.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Bonster posted:

You know, when you raise a kid for ten years as his father, you're the kid's father as far as they're concerned. It's cold as hell to just abandon them. I mean, I get that it would be super painful as a spouse, but I can't imagine loving a kid for ten years and then noping out on them because they don't share my genetics.
As an adoptive parent I agree with this 100%. But wow I can't imagine the sense of betrayal here, 10 years of his wife lying to him, not knowing which of her family/friends knew the truth, CHRIST that's painful just to imagine.

Also love the (ex) wife keeping up the lying poo poo with the kid. Jesus.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for trying to maximise my meal allowance on my business trip?
gently caress no, Price is Right rules. Closest without going over.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
All I’m learning from this thread is all the work I did to be a better man was loving stupid, because utterly terrible men can find women that don’t care how terrible they are.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Lemniscate Blue posted:

AITA for putting my foot down and refusing to back my Nephews ?
I know this is like pages late, BUT as someone that’s been posting here for WAY too long, that kid is online-poisoned BAD and has no idea how to relate to actual humans.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Lol, that’s about the only difference between people that served in the army or whatever and everybody else, the ability and will to poo poo without privacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

IT BURNS posted:

The best pizza is sausage, pineapple, and jalapeno; salty, sweet, and spicy in every bite.

It is known.
Add anchovies, seriously, that’s the best combo.

But don’t add anchovies if the pizza place doesn’t sell a lot of them, because week-old anchovies are legit bad, and maybe why so many people don’t like them. My BIL’s sister would bring a jar of anchovies when coming over for pizza, because she loved them and the places nearby didn’t sell a lot so the quality was suspect. This was in St Louis so I think that’s why, this is not a St Louis Pizza Derail.