Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Metaline posted:

Do people chant DICAP in the replies of these Reddit threads or is that bannable?

DICAP is a lovely lie, at least if you have a minimum of standards regarding the quality of dicks. It's incredibly hard to find decent dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

Woah woah woah there, nobody ever said anything about decent.

Implicitly yes, DIPAC as an advise includes the promise that there's something better and easily attainable out there, while in most cases it will turn out to be a sidegrade from one lovely dick to another lovely dick, at best.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Bug Squash posted:

The previous thread had a multipage fight about hotswapping cats. No matter how absurd a jokey a post about the subject was, a cat owner would insist on responding.

Please be careful thread! :ohdear:

I'm a cat owner and wtf, hotswapping cats is just a cruel thing to do. please tell me it was a fake post

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Ex told me I emasculated him because I wanted him to wash properly.

quote:

My ex refused to touch his rear end with anything & that meant including soap. One day I could smell him & I almost gagged.

I just remember telling him if he could wash between his 🍑 because well he smelt like literal 💩.

He screamed at me & got upset with me. Not because he was embarrassed but because he simply thought I was trying to dominate him by making him wash there.

To him, quote on quote “I’m not a fcking fggot only f*ghost do that.”

That was number 3🚩I was outta of there.

Washing your butt turns you gay, be careful folks.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

a podcast for cats posted:

I live in a place that gets up to 42C in summers and the comfort difference between an indoors temp of 25C and 28C is pretty drat noticeable, in a subjectively non-linear way.
Yeah 25° is comfort level for me, 27° definitely too much already. It's a thin line. And I live right on the equator.

E: also, way to police someone's clothing choices in their own home.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Silly Newbie posted:

You have an incredibly kind take on that one.
I figured he was only there to try to pick up bi girls he finds attractive, since he doesn't appear to view women as people.
I think the club leader also picked up on that

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

the holy poopacy posted:

I think if you're being honest that it's not working you should probably just be upfront about it rather than trying to have it both ways with the open relationship talk.
Well the exclusive relationship didn't work for her so she suggested something that would, can't really say that would be the wrong course of action

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Yeah but it didn't work for both of them and it was clear it was explained to him very poorly("I thought it would be more of a group thing"), probably in order to make sure there were no reasonable boundaries

wait are you referring to the reddit thing or olylifter's story? Because the latter is what we were talking about. And I don't get that from their retelling.

Plus if it didn't work for both of them then splitting up is the best thing to do. It's just like children, if one side wants to have them and the other doesn't, and neither want to sacrifice, there really is no other sane option.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Not wanting to be around someone who demanded a cheating pass years into a relationship with kids is also a valid personal decision OP

You can make all kinds of decisions about how to treat people that will affect how others perceive you in ways you do not get to control, if that's a problem perhaps consider how much getting some strange is really worth to you

I don't think cheating was ever on the table there, quite the opposite actually??

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

Tbh, your partner even bringing up opening the relationship could be a deal breaker for some people.
Yeah well it's perfectly valid to separate if you're no longer compatible, I just don't get why one side should be shat on for it.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
ATIA for causing "drama" after a huge misunderstanding with my brother?

quote:

I (F38 at the time) and my brother (M46 at the time) recently had a huge misunderstanding and now my family hates me. I just need to know if I'm in the wrong, I will accept my judgement.

A bit of backstory, my brother and I got along really well, we were friends most of our lives. But he recently got a new job and came into a lot of power and idk I think it changed him. Slowly we drifted apart and it made me really sad but I was happy for him to live his best life. I had a lot going on in my life too, I have 4 kids and a loving husband to take care of, so maybe I also was to blame for us losing touch.

Anyway, a few years passed and my brother would occasionally reach out to me asking me to join his business, it was always a different position and I always accepted because we're family and we look after each other.

Eventually an opportunity arose for his daughter (my niece) and my son (his nephew) to get married (in my culture this is allowed and even encouraged). My niece is the smartest little girl I'd ever seen, some would even say she was a genius. I figured, why don't I ask my brother? So I did, but he declined!!!

Apparently, in our years apart, he had lost affection for me. I was so upset!! I hadn't done anything wrong! But, I calmed down. I thought, okay you know what I'm going to talk to him and get him to change his mind, I'm sure I can sway him and get him to see it from my perspective. But every time I talked to him, he wouldn't listen!! And I could tell that every unsuccessful attempt I made only made him dislike me more.

Talking to him was getting me nowhere, I'd have to make him see my point of view. So I started thinking, what was the best way to do this? I had a friend who was very good at planning and thinking outside the box so I roped him into it too and eventually we had some potential dirt on him. I knew he'd listen if his reputation was on the line. But before I could do anything, he caught on to what I was doing!!! And now he hated me!!

I was at my wits end. Nothing I was doing was working, and the brother who I once loved so dearly now despised me. He'd never agree to a marriage now. So I decided to just let it go. Maybe one day he would change his mind, but for now I was just going to focus on my family and my job.

After a while, I get notified that my brother excommunicated me from our church?!?! That's so messed up, seriously. I had a brother who hated me, an unmarried son, and now I don't have a church.

I admit, this next part makes me look really bad but I do think a lot of it was justified. I decided that if he wasn't going to listen to me, I was going to get back at him and get revenge. So I started talking to his wife more and more. She was a lovely girl, and she seemed to really like me too.

Eventually the inevitable happened and we accidentally slept together. It was only the one time (at first), but eventually we grew genuine feelings for each other and we just kept seeing either other.

My brother inevitably found out, of course. and of course, he was very upset by this. In retaliation he tried to get me fired from my job! I NEED this job, without it, I have nothing! So I fought back, I had a heap of friends I quickly asked for help, and I hired many lawyers. Somehow, I fended him off and managed to keep my job, but now my brother utterly despised me. And to be honest, after excommunicating me and trying to get me fired, I hated him too.

So I started to wish really bad things on my brother (I'm sure we're all guilty of things like this at one point in our lives), at first they were just fantasies, I wanted to see him suffer. But then, it actually somehow turned into a reality! A spider crawled into his bed at night and bit him and he DIED! I was so shocked and upset. Although I hated him, he didn't deserve to die like that.

But the weirdest part is that not long after, his wife also mysteriously died. She was mugged one night and they killed her! And then, his two children
also coincidentally died too! His daughter choked one night at a dinner party and couldn't be resuscitated. And his son was found dead one night in the hallway, having been murdered by an intruder.

I had NOTHING to do with those freak coincidences! But now my family HATES me and they call me "Kinslayer"!

I'm now 67 years old, I don't have much time left in this world and I'd hate for my final years to be filled with so much sorrow and hatred from my dear family. I just need to know if I did the wrong thing, and if I should apologise, or am I doing the right thing and just try to live out the rest of my days distanced from my family. AITA?

TL;DR: I DID NOT MURDER MY FAMILY.

EDIT: I DID NOT MURDER MY FAMILY!!

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Cool! Now I also know how to tell if people are phone posting, which I don’t know if has any applicability but I'm sure can be applied for evil somehow.

Why is your post using two different apostrophes

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Phuzzy posted:

throw the whole man out, and his poggers streamer buddy

Judging from her posting history, that man is also afraid of period sex and sex toys. He must have a very clean rear end.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I can't go without loving for 6 months so we're going to have to toss monogamy out the window, how did you not see this coming
But that's absolutely not what she suggested to her partner.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Splicer posted:

This is kind of the crux here. If he wasn't into it then their relationship was dead. So either she really didn't know her partner and so thought she had a shot, or really didn't know her partner and so thought the worst possible option was "Nah but we cool", or did know her partner and knew this was a likely outcome but valued taking the hail mary at getting some strange over keeping her long-term relationship. None of these options or variations on these options scream "People who should be talking marriage".

Nah it's just that being in an open relationship is so stigmatised that even the mere suggestion of thinking about a temporary arrangement apparently is enough for some people to immediately drop a nuclear bomb on their relationship.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Gnoman posted:

If you have agreed to a monogamous relationship, then the mere "suggesteionc of a "temporary" arrangement unilaterally declared by o e side of it is a perfectly valid reason to nuke the relationship.
That would be a valid point if society wasn't so heavily biased towards exclusive relationships that a lot of people aren't even aware that there are other options

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Or maybe things like open relationships need to be discussed between both people versus "hey, you'll be out of the country for 6 months, let's gently caress other people until you get back" with absolutely no prior discussion

From the OP it sounds like she wanted to start a discussion and was perfectly fine with staying monogamous if her partner was not on board??

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Splicer posted:

So are you saying she didn't know her partner or that she did know her partner but still thought it was worth the shot?

She didn't know how her partner felt about this, obviously, since they never discussed this before.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Bonster posted:

Sometimes, though, I'm just walking down the street and, y'know, bam! Swastika!

It's a problem, I'm telling you.

I do see swastikas here regularly (SEA) and it's extremely disturbing even though the context is completely different. How would I explain to my parents that my child is attending Red Swastika School?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I mean, I'm also the kind of idiot bougie cat owner that boards my cat at a "cat hotel" that allows you to order "room service" treats, and has the option of fuckin, themed suites and poo poo. It just makes me feel less guilty about leaving her.

Some people like spending stupid money on their pets? It's kinda dumb, and doesn't have any real benefit, but it makes some people happy?

E: empty sea, can you recommend good quality cat food/brands? Like, the vet always recommends that one absurdly expensive brand that's in every vet here, but if there's a step between that and "fussy cat grain free" or Purina/whiskas stuff I'd literally go buy some tomorrow, as it seems I'm going to the shops anyway to wean her off grain free food.
If it has the option of loving for extra cash, it's more a cat brothel rather than a cat hotel right?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for outting my brother who was in the closet to my parents and making him get disowned?

How does owning sex toys automatically make you gay 🥺

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
eh if someone is suicidal and depressive and suddenly drops off, I think it's fair to be concerned about them and try to figure out what happened

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

therobit posted:

LOL “I don’t want to go to the party unless I can force people to think about my dysfunctional love life.”

What exactly is dysfunctional? It seems to be working well for her

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

the holy poopacy posted:

so what culture prizes the wilted leaves in bagged salad mix?
Rabbits

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Neito posted:

I'm gonna say ESH to some extent. Maybe I'm just overly vanilla, but "wearing a fetish item 24/7" strikes me as opening you up to some weird situations, but mom and the family were clearly trying to start some poo poo forcing their way into the house they knew had a non-zero chance of significant fetish items being out in the open.

A lot won't because it can border on unethical; my understanding is that you're not supposed to take cases that you know have no chance based on settled law.

It's a small collar so yes you're overly vanilla.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

ShootaBoy posted:

I'm not disputing that, gently caress that lovely family for using their kids to try and bring them to jesus or whatever.

But someone being like 'i find the idea of 24/7 hardcore bdsm kinda weird' doesn't make them 'overly vanilla'. They like different poo poo, its rude as gently caress to try and shame someone for not being as kinky as someone else like the guy I quoted did.

edit: lmao what the gently caress is up with that roomie and her family. Just showing your parents to your roommates fuckin bed :wtc:

The post that I replied to explicitly referred to wearing a collar (an inconspicuous one at that) 24/7 as a reason why they think the OP is an rear end in a top hat and yeah I find that point of view overly vanilla, sorry.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

ShootaBoy posted:

Like I already said, the family are definitely TA here, I just take a dim view on kink people, not the story couple, who did nothing wrong, that toss shade at people for not being as kinky. I had an ex that was like that and I'm a bit touchy with the subject of 'oh you're too vanilla' after having it thrown at me because I didn't want to make her bleed in bed.

Please read more carefully, I don't care how kinky or not someone is, I just don't think it's ok to kink-shame someone for wearing a small collar.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

We once hosted a halloween party and knew that a friend of a friend who was very afraid of dogs was going to be coming. Our large wolf-like dog's 'costume' was a good amount of fake blood around his mouth - he had a great time. She didn't.
That seems unnecessarily cruel?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I can see why you'd think that upon first reading but he was really happy with it and loved the attention that it got him. At one point everybody cheered for him. The next year he had to have a cone on due to recent surgery so we added petals to make it a sunflower.
Obviously I'm talking about the lady. Either don't invite her or be considerate of her, that's just common courtesy.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

bell jar posted:

Why is this person an rear end in a top hat?

Did you miss the landlord part?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's honestly a Herculean feat to be a bigger rear end in a top hat than someone who constantly describes themselves as childfree so you gotta give props on that
Does she do that? From what the op wrote she just told them she doesn't plan to have children which is a very non rear end in a top hat thing to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Bubblyblubber posted:

We didn't feel like switching last names, so my wife kept hers. And then we had a son, and he has two names, in honor of one grandfather from each side. And then we gave him both of our last names. And then her mother's maiden name, because my wife always felt bad that she didn't get it, just my father in law's last name. And then to make it fair we also gave him my mother's maiden name. So now my special boy has 6 loving names like Spanish royalty and he'll never be able to fill a form properly.

I hate my parents for doing this to me.
Your son is hosed, especially if he ever goes to a country where first and last name are switched.
I've had people call me by all possible combinations of my names but rarely my actual last name. Plus yeah, filling out forms can be a real pain and lead to actual trouble when e.g. dealing with immigration or work visas.