Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I think about this phrase too often.

same, but "snoof some pamps", which is a very cursed phrase that also came from the previous thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Dazerbeams posted:

Nerd girl's friends are all trash that need to be thrown into the garbage. Bad hygiene, always borrowing money, hanging out with underage kids. OP is broke brained from being bullied as a kid and is now hyper focused on being perceived as normal. ESH, except maybe the girlfriend who needs to learn that there are people who share her interests without being vile human beings.

Side note: some goons need to take a good hard look at their lives if they're knee-jerk rushing to defend a bunch of disgusting slobs just because they like thing.

I think it's less about rushing to defend foul nerds than dogpiling a less than stellar boyfriend during a lull in DIPAC stories.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

kimbo305 posted:

Can anyone confirm if this is very normal in Euope Romani culture?
Is it just a weird character assassination?

e: whoop, efb

In my very limited exposure from growing up in Eastern Europe, Romani culture is both insular (not hard to imagine why) and very misogynistic and it would be weird for a woman to marry an outsider, much less for her family to approve of the match.

Then again, I'm happy to be wrong about this.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Olewithmilk posted:

There's something about corporate cheapness that really winds me up, just the mix of idiot bureaucracy, general stupidity, and pig-headed refusal to actually think about what you're asking of employees.

I really wish I could remember where I read or heard this as trying to retell it is tripping my own bullshit detectors to the point I question if I should even post, but supposedly this is (or was) a pretty well known difference in business culture between European and American organisations.

Namely, Americans are much more likely to receive considerably higher compensation than their European counterparts of similar seniority, while having stringent business travel budgets/per diems, while Europeans are more likely to have generous expense and entertainment budgets.

Edit:

feedmegin posted:

I work in tech. The one place I worked for that stopped giving us free coffee, stopped giving us paychecks on time a few weeks later, and then stopped giving us paychecks at all.

I used to work for a moderately well known online gambling operator that was taken over by another company at one point and ended up laying most of the old staff less than a year later. First the vending machines appeared, then the coffee became completely unpalatable over the course of a month or two, but it never was not free. Even after it was known that 90% of the staff would be let go.

a podcast for cats fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 2, 2021

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

carry on then posted:

It’s a legit concern, lots of stories of women who go down on a virgin dude only for him to instantly become clingy and codependent due to his lack of experience. It’s absolutely valid to want to avoid this and women should feel more comfortable requiring experience in their partners.

It’s also why men being virgins past their early 20s (excluding physical/health, queerness, or religious reasons) is a huge red flag because it means they missed out on some extremely crucial growth and experience that they really should have at that age.

I think this is a pretty good example of this thread often being far up its own rear end. Can't stop reading it tho.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Runcible Cat posted:

r/relationships: she was convicted of assaulting her brother with three sticks of rhubarb in an unrelated family spat is probably too long...

There's an influential right wing politician from the biggest nationalist/family values party in the country I'm originally from who is notorious for having been beaten up with a bunch of rhubarbs by his then wife to the point where he filed a police report. So, whenever his name comes up, Twitter etc blow up with rhubarb jokes.

I'm never sure how to feel about that. On one hand, gently caress that guy and his party is directly responsible for blocking legislation that would help DV victims. On the other, making fun of a domestic violence victim just for that is lovely in itself.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Barudak posted:

Why is he not also going to Italy there are too many questioni here

The implied things there are that the wife is likely a SAHM, given their lack of options for daytime care and they're either reasonably well off and/or live somewhere in Europe, as the flights were bought for next week. In the latter case, you may not be excited about going to Italy, it's nice, but not all that special or even cracked up to be. And, flights are really cheap when they're on sale.

I'm really trying to give the guy benefit of doubt, because, in all honesty, after nearly 2 years of Covid with a toddler in the house, I'd give up my left nut to get the house to myself for a week and, if English is not his first language, he may not be aware of the semantics of "babysitting" vs "parenting", but he does sound like a dipshit who bought a gift for himself and is perplexed when his wife doesn't appreciate that.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat
Definitely that. I bet he was a virgin until his 20s too.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Invisible Clergy posted:

Do you eat them cold or warm them in the kettle or coffee machine, or what?

Up until seeing this post a few minutes ago, I sincerely didn't know that I find the idea of microwaved sausages grossly offensive. And I've had a fair few foul bachelor years.

Put them in boiling water on the stovetop, like a normal person.

Fake edit: Then again, I'm happy to be explained that American hotdogs can't be boiled because of either HFCS or the water over there having a lower boiling point that is not sufficient to make subprime meat products safe to eat.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Ziv Zulander posted:

I’m not taking ten+ drat minutes to boil a hotdog when I can just throw it in the microwave for 30 seconds and it’ll come out just as good. If for some reason I want to cook them proper then I throw them in a frying pan. Boiling hotdogs is the worst option by far

This, in turn, made me wonder how the original goon who pooped in their socks in order to not to waste valuable WoW time defended their decision.

Anyway, I'm willing to concede that we're probably talking about slightly different types of sausage and boiling might be more accurately defined as poaching.

Putting any type of hotdog like object in cold water and bringing it to a boil is bad, we can agree with that.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Computer viking posted:

Some sausages are just better boiled - I can't imagine frying a wiener would come out too well. Of course, boiling a bratwurst is also a sin.

Exactly, it's right there in the name. German, being a very utiliarian language, specifically calls it frying sausage.

There's Bratwurst and then there's Bockwurst. It's not difficult to confuse the names.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

spacetoaster posted:

When I was 20 and in college there was a 26 year old dude with a beard in the dorm and I thought he was old as gently caress.

21 and 28 appears to be covered by the "half the oldest age + 7" rule, but it feels like it shouldn't be.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

GigaPeon posted:

Does anyone have the story where a guy was getting married and the father's present was to do a special dance with his brothers and wife but the guy wasn't allowed to dance cause he was too much of a goof or something?

I think about it a lot. WHAT WAS THE DANCE???

It's a worm dance. Danced to worm music obviously.

For content. It's a bit mundane, but the mermaid pose sealed the deal for me.

quote:

My husband's multi-hour workout routine makes me so ANGRY

My husband and I are in our mid-thirties and struggling financially. We don't have any children, and I despair of ever being able to afford them or any reasonable kind of maternity leave.

​I am a PhD student and I support both of us on my 30k stipend. I work additional side/research jobs to bring in extra income to keep us afloat. My income supports our rent, food, car payments, his health insurance...todo.

My husband is a translator who primarily works on books and literature. He has not had a meaningful paycheck since November of last year. He has gotten a few small small payouts ($500) for a short story etc. He has always lived paycheck to paycheck and is so focused on making this career work he accepts the unreliable, low income. His best year he got a major grant and his income was closer to 20k.

​Working from home has put pressure on the situation, as I have to watch/hear him on his daily exercise and self-care routine while I work on my dissertation and teaching/side hustle duties. He typically does one hour of yoga, then goes on about an hour run, and then another hour of yoga. Then he will shower etc. It is like, basically the whole afternoon.

​He easily could have a part-time job in this time but me asking him to do that has been a total non-starter. He gets incredibly upset and tearful and says I don't appreciate everything he does around the house and then manically scrolls through job boards. I relent and say I don't want him to work at Home Depot and encourage him to get more translation contracts or get someone to actually pay him for work.

​I am tired and sad. I realize that he will probably expect me to support him and that if I want to have children I will to figure out how to make that work on my own. I am also sad because while I wanted a career in academia, it is clear to me that it is too precarious and low-paid for me to invest in when I want a family.

He is in mermaid pose right now and my blood pressure is through the roof. I feel like such an rear end in a top hat. But also, AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

edit: comments had this nugget too

quote:

I love his gentle spirit and his deep aesthetic sense of Latin American literature.

a podcast for cats fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 30, 2021

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat
She clarifies in the comments, that they split housework, etc:

quote:

He deserves credit for being excellent with house stuff. We have a good split that I am happy with-- shared cooking and dishes, each does own laundry. We do house cleaning together. He does most of the yardwork, I do grocery shopping and any admin ( taxes, appointments, travel org, bills). If anything, i think he uses the spare time to also be intense with cleaning (for example, he has a very precise and uh, exact way of folding his clothes).

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat
Many years ago I went on a couple of dates with someone from a dating site who both times insisted on telling me in detail about people hitting on her on that day. Thankfully it didn't work out, but even as desperately lonely as I was at the time, I recognised it as a red flag. I guess this is one way how it could have went.

quote:

Wife (36f) talks about sexual experiences a lot and it bothers me (36m) now that we moved to her hometown

My wife (35) and I (36) moved to her home town last year. We had our second kid and my wife was having a breakdown and wanted to move closer to her parents because she wanted them to help and be closer with the kids. Thats fine with me, so we bought a house over there and I work from home, no big deal.

So as we drive around her home town from time to time, she will point to a house and be like, see that house, “there was this guy who lived there and I used to give him foot jobs.” Then she would have a chuckle to herself.

Other times, she would be like, "see that house over there, that’s Brian’s house, I used to give him blowjobs after football games, and he has a huge dick!” Then again, laugh and expect me to say something? Like, what the gently caress am I supposed to say to that.

Then finally, on Halloween, we were in this really nice neighborhood. Like, giant mansions, because our friend lives there, and she pointed at this house and she was like, “this state Senator’s son lives there, he used to finger me and eat me out right before I went to college. Maybe I should have married him.” She had this stupid smirk on her face when she said it to our friend’s wife. And then they both looked at me and expected me to say something. I was just like “well, I wish you and him got married so I wouldn’t have to deal with your loving bullshit.” Our friends wife realized I was pissed and hurriedly walked away, and my wife was like, “are you mad at me?”

We got into an argument about it, and I just tried to keep my cool because our kids were trick or treating and having a nice time. Everyone we were with could tell I was loving pissed but they didn’t know why so people kept asking me, “what’s wrong, what’s wrong.” But I didn’t want to say my wife was wondering what it would be like to marry the guy who used to finger blast her in this huge house.

So we get home, put the kids to bed and try to talk it out. Basically, my wife says that it’s her life and her experiences and I shouldn’t be jealous because I’m with her and she loves me. I tell her I don’t like hearing about her past with these people, we don’t have a great sex life (wife still doesn’t feel very sexual after our second kid was born a year and a half ago). Also, hearing about this poo poo makes me feel like I’ve been tricked into marrying someone who spent all her sexual energy and there’s none left for me…

Anyway, she says I have psychological problems because I’m jealous of those guys.

Am I in the wrong here? I don’t ever hear anyone else’s wife talk like her about sexual stuff with other guys like my wife does.

TLDR: Wife talks about her past sexual experiences now that we moved to her home town. I don’t like to hear about it because we have a bad sex life, and I don’t want to hear about her times with other people, especially since I’m not getting much love these days. Also, it just makes me feel like she would rather be with someone else…

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just googled that temperature - it's just 26° C. The gently caress? "Breaking point"

loving British people could handle that.

I live in a place that gets up to 42C in summers and the comfort difference between an indoors temp of 25C and 28C is pretty drat noticeable, in a subjectively non-linear way.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah, you're the rear end in a top hat, it's normal for a business to lose its poo poo at a client for expectations of service

George Orwell posted:

I found—one might expect it, perhaps—that the small landlords are usually the worst. It goes against the grain to say this, but one can see why it should be so. Ideally, the worst type of slum landlord is a fat wicked man, preferably a bishop, who is drawing an immense income from extortionate rents. Actually, it is a poor old woman who has invested her life’s savings in three slum houses, inhabits one of them, and tries to live on the rent of the other two—never, in consequence, having any money for repairs.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Mx. posted:

I (36m) have no game but my wife (35f) wants me to seduce her at a bar. Can someone help me?

his thread needs more palate cleanser stories

quote:

Is there some website or something I can use to research how to do this? I exercise a lot so I am in pretty good shape and I have nice clothes and colognes which my wife picked out for me. I also make a really good salary so my wife already really likes me, so I don’t think it will be much of a problem to pick her up. However, I’m kinda getting nervous because, what if she realizes I was never was able to pick up a girl without knowing them? If someone can help me get better game I would greatly appreciate it.

This could also backfire with the guy getting into PUA and redpill stuff. So, this being a palate cleanser is not a given.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat
I usually don't go on Reddit to check the comments, but did for this one. It's a nearly unanimous NTA, with a couple of weak ESHs.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Soysaucebeast posted:

Especially if the easiest and most direct way to refute said lies is to share the secret!

Always rely on decorum.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

the holy poopacy posted:

How do I (29F) tell my partner (31m) that he is not as handy as he thinks he is?

Some cultures, including mine, have an entire subset of toxicity around male handiness, as the male part of the entire gender roles thing.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My car capped out on the freeway so I called my fuckbuddy who notably doesn't own a car, and when he couldn't help I knew it was over.

Not that dissimilar to this, really. He's male, he's supposed to drive, own a car or be resourceful enough to source one quickly if his damsel in distress needs help. What's the point of him otherwise?

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If you wanna respect your Scandinavian ancestry, you give your kids viking names, which are both actual names and cool as hell.

Berthe and Ellpup, for example.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

My parents cooked bland-rear end food every single day because I use salt

All my neighbors and school friends ate bland rear end poo poo because I use soy sauce

Look at me, the jerk putting hot sauce on my burrito without checking to see if it's already spicy, which it never is, this is exactly why their food is never spicy

God I'm so dumb, the scales my eyes etc

I'm not sure what you're saying exactly, but I agree with the tone.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

It says nationalist social vision. Which combined with monarchist would make him a right wing piece of poo poo, but not necessarily a nazi. He is a nazi, though, but the part that says so is mostly cutoff. It's the "renegade journal of European History" which if you look it up is a holocaust denial journal.

Does the exact position on the spectrum really make a difference once you go that far on the right? Nazi, Strasserite, nazbol, nationalist Orthodox monarchist, same difference.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Midnight Voyager posted:

Woman who isn't well-adjusted gets into relationship with a jealous, probably abusive shitlord. Tracks for me.

I tried to picture what kind of guy would both use "cuckold" unironically and also be willing to Facetime a grown rear end adult to sleep on most nights and I came up with someone with significant self-esteem issues as well.

The guy I made up in my mind in order to be mad at, is someone who, despite being a dipshit has lucked into finding someone stupid and/or unwell enough to have a relationship with and is now stuck in a relationship he is not really ready for and doesn't really want or enjoy, but feels compelled to go through the motions because he thinks or knows he won't be able to do better.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

pentyne posted:

I mean, "arguing about discipline" is mostly likely one of the parents wants to beat the poo poo out of the kid to make him act right, and good money is on the OP if he thinks that kind of tough love honesty to a 12 year old is appropriate.

I don't know about that, the part with the dad having majority custody during the separation because the mom cannot tolerate the kid enough for equal split jumped out at me a bit.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

its_my_birthday posted:

yall live in castles or something? housework takes like 90 minutes max if you keep up on it every day. and what the hell kind of babies never sleep. you sleep when they sleep. i got so much sleep on the couch throughout the day while my daughter was in her tree frog pose on me snoozing away

I think there's a non trivial amount of folk who are unable to rest/relax if they feel they're falling behind on housework, regardless of whether it matters or not.

For example, there's a panel in that famous mental load comic where a man is enjoying a movie next to his partner who's pretending to watch it, I assume through gritted teeth, while rehashing and rearranging her neverending backlog of tasks at the back of her mind.

It's meant to emphasise the mental project management load women are carrying in relationships, but it also misses the mark about self care and priorities.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat
edit

a podcast for cats fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 10, 2022

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

LookListen posted:

Oh yeah, I didn't mean that one, I've been in enough queer groups and knew enough people in others for that to be the most believable of this kind of story. I think I just misremembered that as being the OP's name the person was taking? And got mixed up thinking there was another 'my trans sibling/friend is stealing my name/future child's name and everyone is unusually universally supportive of this trans person's wishes!!' story between that story and the most recent one lol

The 'sibling came out and is stealing my name' thing as a broad concept, just feels like those other stories where it seems like OP is trying to find a situation where a minority making a request/taking offense to something is over the line and bad, like 'oh yeah? Well what if they did THIS, is it still problematic now???'. Or/and trying to find the perfect set up/plot twist for a title that looks -phobic and a post that shows OP is in the right, actually.

Then again most of the trans people I know were either single children or had a normal sibling relationship, so who knows, maybe this does come up a lo??

Following the same logic, 90% of r/relationships content must be incel recruitment propaganda. All those women of various ages and walks of life willingly putting up with non-wiping, non-cooking, unfaithful men while the reader remains alone, untouched and unloved despite not having these flaws, must surely mean that there is something up.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat
You're both missing the point and being a dick. Neither is a surprise really.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat
edit

a podcast for cats fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 10, 2022

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

mind the walrus posted:

Passive-aggressive moaning and then ditching her is some real "Middle School/I'm a Sigma Male" horseshit. It ain't gonna solve her tendency to be late. All it's going to do is make it "him vs her" instead of "us vs the problem."

The curse of the reasonable person is coming from inside the thread.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

BabyFur Denny posted:

ATIA for causing "drama" after a huge misunderstanding with my brother?

Which series is that?

fake edit: goddamnit, the excommunication should have been a giveaway.

Total Meatlove posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you?

I've been thinking about this thread a bit lately, mostly because I noticed that I follow it quite a bit more closely since quitting Twitter and I wanted to figure out why.

As far as I can tell, this thread is an circlejerk of righteous indignation against those who don't fit a specific moral code and, not unlike other mock threads, it tends to become a bit fart huffing/toxic every once in a while. And that's when hot takes like these come up.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat
This sounds a bit like a setup for a weird comedy movie or sitcom episode, but I really wonder what the older sister's endgame here is.

quote:

I’m (31M) confused by my wife’s (28f) behavior

I’ll preface this by saying this is incredibly weird to even write out, but I need some outside opinion.

My wife is an immigrant and has lived in my country for 4 years. Her sister lives in her country of origin but visits us once a year.

Her sister is engaged to a guy who my wife can’t stand, and to be honest I agree with her. He’s lazy, gross, and disrespectful. My wife is older and has always been protective of her little sister, and tries to respect her boundaries but also gives her advice. So far, pretty normal.

The thing is my wife always tells me how she wishes her sister could find someone like me, and tells her sister the same. She thinks if she dated someone like me (I’m just a normal guy really) her sister would leave the guy she’s engaged to and also be able to stay here in the US.

Her sister has been here now for a week and I feel like things are getting weird, like my wife is getting super desperate for her sister to break off her engagement or she well get married when she goes back.

For instance, my wife gets up super early, and doesn’t wanna wake her sister, so insists she sleep in our bed with me, with my wife sleeping in the living room instead (we have a 1-bedroom apartment), that way no one will be woken up when my wife gets up. This kinda makes me uncomfortable because I’m a cuddler in my sleep and half the time not aware of it.

There is more to the story (like we were gonna take a trip together but my wife had to cancel cuz of work, she insisted I go with her sister alone but I refused).

Is this normal? Am I reading things that arent there? I feel like my wife is so desperate for her sister to break it off with the other guy that she’s pushing us toward something…

Tl;dr: wife wants her sister to break off her engagement and is being weird about it.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

mllaneza posted:

A Bachelor of Arts degree serves as one of two things; a springboard to higher academic achievement such as a PhD, or as proof that the holder holds a standardized set of academic qualifications that suits them for a broad category of what is known as "office work".

Anyone with a BA has a demonstrated ability to:

Navigate an arcane and sometimes inimical bureaucracy.
Self-manage your time with competing priorities.
Perform research and present your results.
Summarize large quantities of information.
Successfully complete individual and group projects.
Plays well with others in a group situation.

Don't think of a BA as "I'm a babby philosophy person", look at as a set of qualifications for doing useful, intellectual work in a group setting. I'm in IT at a major biotech, and our Quality group has BAs in Music Theory and History approving GxP documents that the FDA will look at. They started with a BA and a good attitude, and now medicines for severe diseases pass through their hands on the way to our patients.

If someone wants to get into it about the really shamed degrees, like gender or ethnic studies, then my Marketing group would like to have a word with you. We're also developing a whole new role of Patient Advocate. And to top it off, we have a big push into inclusive medicine going on, so both of those degrees will be in demand. Outside of my company, those disciplines both spend a lot of time looking at demographic statistics. There's applications for that all over the place, the trick is finding an entry-level position.

You're absolutely right, but there's an angle. He's in Spain, entry level positions are few and far between there. There's been an exodus of youth to other places in the EU for at least since the GFC.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

AITA for driving the posted speed limit in a school zone during school hours?

I can't stand my countrymen to the point I have emigrated not once, but twice. Their driving manners are a non trivial part of that.

One of the best ways to ignite an heated argument at any social gathering is to innocently start a discussion whether driving at the posted speed limit constitutes aggressive and/or reckless driving or not.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Barudak posted:

I am aware my driving skill is subpar so I just... don't. Moving to another country so I'd never need to drive again was one of the benefits

Same, sort of. I've always chosen to live in places where I can avoid driving.

I'll also add that, for me at least, being a reluctant driver has been a disadvantage or even dealbreaker in romantic relationships. It's a gender norm/double standard that's kind of taken for granted.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Solenna posted:

AITA for telling my boyfriend he has to keep his furniture in one room if he wants to move in with me?

2020s reboot of Keeping Up Appearances looking kind of bleh.

In all honesty, Hyacinth was 30 years ahead of her time. She'd probably have a successful Youtube/IG/Tiktok channel about sophisticated manners, interior decoration and social graces and a moderately sized, but dedicated following of kooky fans with terrible political opinions. Could probably outearn Richard too.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

ponzicar posted:

This just feels like incel bait, especially with the numbers it uses.

Dunno, a guy itt made a point, seemingly earnestly, that men who remain virgins in their 20s are certain to become abusers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Peg Sliderskew posted:

" Given that our data were collected from a single website—albeit one of the most visited websites in the world (Alexa, 2020)—our sample may be biased in ways consistent with its user base,,,"

This comes across like their research consisted of saying 'Alexa, what were the most visited websites in 2020?' and going with whatever it said.

I really hope I'm being cynical and there are actually multiple peer-reviewed journals and statistic websites that happen to be called Alexa.

Nah, Alexa rank/ratings predate the Amazon device and have been around since the dotcom boom at least. The names may be related though.