Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
It would not surprise me if the dems step on their own dicks hard enough so that no nomination goes through before they lose seats in the senate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

goth smoking cloves posted:

I will never understand why gas costing about what it did a decade ago is a huge loving deal but, rent increasing every year forever is cool and good.

Republicans and "moderates" don't care about anything, they only pretend to. They didn't give a single gently caress when gas prices went down under Obama, or up during Trump.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Lol things looking grim for team dem

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
It's mayo Pete. "Dept of trans"

It's funny because he's gay and wearing a dress. Haha hilarious

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Laterite posted:

i know i'm a dumb idiot but i can't imagine many folks who are fortunate enough to have a 401k are getting returns much different from this:

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

-13.73% here

And yeah, the Dems are going to get destroyed

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Isentropy posted:

hey I'm not a big brain genius but why isn't Sinema expelled from caucus. Doesn't mean much now but it would send some sort of positive message

If this happened, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wouldn't advance the nomination process for Jackson to SCOTUS, for one. I hate Sinema but this isn't practical right now or at any point until the Senate makeup changes.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

really good article on how easy it is for the antiterrorism apparatus to be turned on abortion protestors (or anyone else)

Can't wait for President DeSantis to start raiding the homes of [certain] women that had miscarriages looking for "evidence of murder". When the cops execute them, they will have been just defending themselves. She was antifa after all, and was reaching for her waistband, while disobeying [contradictory] orders.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Jenny Agutter posted:

there are absolutely tons of dumbshits out there who think the federal government budget is just like a household budget and holding debt means your poor and they don’t want to be part of a poor country,

They don't actually believe this, they pretend to believe it in order to deny money / benefits to people they hate. They don't give a gently caress if we're over-budget by 999 trillion a year if that money is going to the military or cops, but if we're overbudget 1 billion and that money is benefitting inner city kids, they shriek like banshees.

Lee Atwater admitted in 1981 that every economic issue the GOP pretends to believe in is just a thin veneer for racism. None of their beliefs are genuine. They aren't "dumb", they are just racist.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Zurtilik posted:

Eh, the Democrats are dumb but we know it's sort of a false dichotomy. The US government can definitely spend on both things.

If Biden were actively thwarting money to fund Ukraine and using exec orders to get baby formula to infants, Greene and Tracey would be arguing the complete opposite positions.

You don't ever have to hand it to them. Fascists don't have beliefs, they have tactics.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

If Biden were actively thwarting money to fund Ukraine and using exec orders to get baby formula to infants, Greene and Tracey would be arguing the complete opposite positions.

You don't ever have to hand it to them. Fascists don't have beliefs, they have tactics.

To cement this point, Greene voted against action to help with the shortage. While the dems are indeed terrible and deserve to be destroyed, we can never make the mistake of saying "wow, even [insert GOP shithead] thinks what the dems are doing is bad, because it is!" (They don't think the action is bad, they are simply incapable of distinguishing political actions from political actors.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
The really sad part is that the guy didn't at least get Kavanaugh. That would at least have been a decent trade.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

its very funny how the dems, staring down their own destruction, were handed the second biggest bag fumble in contemporary american electoral history in the form of the idiot gop actually touching the third rail of abortion, but then immediately committing the first biggest bag fumble in contemporary american electoral history by completely wasting it and once again falling rear end backwards into the woodchipper

I don't disagree that the dems are in general bloviating fuckups but when the dems get destroyed in a few weeks, it's mainly going to be because of global inflationary pressure, which is not something the democratic party could really effectively fight against, even if they somehow wanted to.

The takeaway was always going to be that the Party needs to move to the center though. Even as Pelosi's husband gets his head stapled beck together the dem leadership will be shrieking about how we need to just find more common ground with our misunderstood and well meaning Republican countrymen.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Tbf the 2000 election was blatantly stolen by the judicial branch

In close collaboration with Republican election officials in FL.

The Supreme Court has never particularly been a valid institution but that was the moment it became completely compromised, and nothing will ever reverse that.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

smug jeebus posted:

Why would they do that when they just keep ignoring it

I know it's a joke but the actual answer is "because it will constrain the Dems if / when they win again".

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I've decided I'm not even going to check in anywhere today. The dems are fully aware of what they're doing and I'm just tired of thinking the kabuki is real when it so obviously is not. Better to watch it burn from a distance.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Mayor Dave posted:

Dem destruction status?

imminent

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

What's he down to by now? nate plastic?

Nate Hydrogen

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Has a nice ring to it.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Cannot wait for the libs to blame the upcoming loss on Bernie and the radical left

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I still maintain that Biden croaking during the election season, forcing the dems to run Harris, may be the end of the Republic. Can you imagine how disastrous not only the presidential race would be, but all the downticket races? The GOP would/will absolutely dominate.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
They've already exhausted all of their threats years ago. "If Republicans do _____ we will RIOT!" followed by Republicans doing just that and no rioting. All they'll do is blame progressives and talk about how maybe we need more tolerance for open fascism /genocide in the big tent.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I know I've reached full hatred of the dems because Fetterman's heel turn didn't even surprise or phase me. After the neverending series of similar bullshit pulled by previous supposed progressives, I just expect it now.

Though in some ways Fett's move is worse. Sure Sinema caved in a millisecond but at least she didn't heel turn to become pro-genocide.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

lol how do you figure? support for israel has been support for genocide for a long rear end time, and every national politician takes aipac bribes. even bernie "f35" sanders

Accepting AIPAC money isn't the same as using your national stature to actively go around and declare your strong support for active invasions and bombing campaigns. And there's also a difference between saying you support Israel in 2022 (bad) vs saying it in 2024 (monstrous). Context matters.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

Gandalf is RBG because they both have iconic fashion accessories.

I feel like Gandalf would also bitch about Colin Kaepernick kneeling during the anthem.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

SixteenShells posted:

and just like the dems they do nothing and disappear

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
They call him Mr glass

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Those Bernie Bros really shouldn't have set that poor young innocent Patriot soldier on fire like that

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
The widening gap on the immigration issue isn't a huge indictment on Biden in my opinion, it's just a signal of how overt racism has become such a pillar of the Republican brand.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I'm just really thankful this thread exists, because it's the one place online where it's possible to criticize Biden without being accused of being a secret Trump supporter or white supremacist or whatever.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Leviathan Song posted:

I remember getting shouted down when I said there was aproximately zero chance that Patty Murray would lose despite her poll numbers showing it neck and neck:

Yeah how dare those stupid goons trust polls over your arbitrary opinions. It's good you're here though to remind everyone of the grudge you're holding over it and that you are far more trustworthy than polling. Hopefully everyone around you will trust you this time.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I think we can close down this thread.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
It's shocking how much of a cesspool Twitter has become. It's been completely taken over by fascists and KHive / Biden worshipping types in just a year or so.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Lol she ran out of there like people were throwing rocks at her

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
You guys are such unscientific babies to be worried about an overt fascist being up in virtually every poll after conducting four years of attempted fascist policies and an attempted coup. You aren't allowed to be worried until I say so.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Retromancer posted:

They believe that 49% of the country are unreachable subhumans and will vote against them no matter what. After all, how else do you explain so many people voting against Obama in 2012?

They aren't totally wrong here.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
It won't "stop at TikTok" only in the sense that grassroots leftist content will continue to be vigorously targeted for minimization or censorship. TikTok just happens to be the most popular medium for it. If FB or Twitter were left-leaning they would be in the crosshairs but lol

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
SaveOurDemocracyPackage($250,000)

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I am by no means suggesting that the witness wasn't murdered but I do have to ask: didn't he already give a huge amount of damning testimony that can be entered as evidence?

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
This is great news for liberals because if/when Biden loses in Nov, they have their scolding targets all lined up and ready. All the old standbys (youth vote, ignorant / apathetic minorities, radical left, etc etc)

The screeching will be heard a few star systems over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean it's pretty obvious that this new press sec isn't any better or worse at her job than Psaki was. Psaki is white. That's it.