Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
wait did multiple states do that thing where they rewrite the state constitution to say "we ban slave labor but also we define prison labor as not slavery"? Tennessee was the one I knew, but Alabama did as well? what's up with that timing?

edit: should have done cursory searching before posting. https://www.al.com/news/2022/10/alabama-1-of-5-states-to-decide-on-slavery-loopholes-for-prison-labor-in-upcoming-election.html it's a coordinated push, looks like

SixteenShells has issued a correction as of 07:07 on Nov 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
it reminds me of how google will trot out all kinds of arcane metrics to show that their search result quality is better than it's ever been any time enough people start saying "Google's poo poo now, right?". if people are dissatisfied with their results it doesn't matter whether the results are satisfying some internal metric nobody cares about

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
A thousand Delawareans are sacrificed every day to sustain his mental energy as the beacon by which the Democratic party navigates.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
for every 30 dem black voters they lose, they'll pick up 4 pub votes. this is how they win.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
reminds me of the "Listen, fat" moment. clearly not what he meant, but still definitely what he said.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
it turns out when landlords can't legally evict you and you're getting money from the government, it's a lot easier to have a place to live

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
My favorite part was them expecting the Bernie donations to keep pace once they became Clinton donations

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
it's all so... self-defeating too. if you alienate your base because you don't want to scare off donors, then what are you using the donation money for? theoretically you need that money to convince people to vote for you. but you pissed them all off to get it.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
That page she flipped to just says "do not say a word about government provided tests" in hundred point font

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
the last person I heard say something about the plight of white South African farmers was Alex Jones

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
hey wait a minute

"without the informed consent of the American people"

lmfao when have we ever had that for wars in this country? the American people don't matter for declaring wars and never have

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
My undergrad institution's in-state tuition was 5k per year when I started. Out-of-state was 22k per year. Not including any money for food, housing, materials. That was at a flagship campus for one of the cheaper public university systems.

That policy seems like it only exists for people who started college and dropped out after a year, or possibly only a single semester.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Willa Rogers posted:

quote:

* Conducting in-depth research and polling within the different communities to understand voters' priorities.

Isn't that something they should have done more than eight months prior to the election

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
i lived in a swing state in 2020 and and refused to vote for Biden, and every day that goes by just further cements my conviction that was the right choice

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
no i need you to put that away

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

The Voice of Labor posted:

I don't think biden's cogent enough to want anything

Oldest memories are the strongest so I think probably 60% of his waking life is spent being pissed off he had to drop his first two campaigns

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Nothus posted:

Consider only the highest-quality cope

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
did he just forget the name of the church

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Kreeblah posted:

quote:

In a case where the government must prove that Mr. Biden knew he had
possession of the classified Afghanistan documents after the vice presidency and
chose to keep those documents, knowing he was violating the law, we expect that at
trial, his attorneys would emphasize these limitations in his recall.

god I missed that before. The argument wasn't even "he's too far gone to prosecute, it's not worth it", it's "he's so far gone we would never win the case". jesus

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Libs love Gandalf because just like them, he was forbidden by God himself from directly wielding power to defeat evil.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
You don't understand. It's Galadriel's Turn to wield the Ring.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Platystemon posted:

Vote blue wizards no matter who.

and just like the dems they do nothing and disappear

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
I want both Trump and Biden to lose, which is why I'm voting for neither of them.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Nichael posted:

A vote for neither of them is a vote for both of them!

I will never recover politically

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Nichael posted:

Can someone tell me what the platform is of the national Democrat Party?

The controller they pass you is still a greasy madcatz but it's not covered in dorito dust

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
drat, sounds like this "Left" are pretty big and influential. Maybe the Democrats should represent their interests.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
how many polls in a row do we have to have with Trump winning handily before the dems finally admit biden has a problem

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
so if it's so easy why doesn't biden take it

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Coolness Averted posted:

I want to see a petty trump on the debate stage harassing sleepy joe to draw a clock or asking if he can remember which of his loser kids are dead.

i want every debate to be like this. they still have to answer questions and respond to each others' statements but between questions they each get time to rip into the other and cause emotional psychic damage

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
I like how he posts like an early 2010s internet atheist pointing out logical fallacies and yet his whole argument rests on the ecological fallacy

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
democracy might go away but can you imagine if we let the newborn fascist dictatorship start without intelligence briefings?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
first tumblr told me not to vote for the guy building Trump's insane border wall, now they WANT me to vote for the guy building Trump's insane border wall? make up your mind!

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
the majority of tiktok users are 30 or older, it's not all teens there

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

palindrome posted:

Four things I don't particularly care for, in one convenient package!

what do these things cost for the cheapest admission, $1,000 per plate? Do you think they'll have silent auctions or is that for poor person fundraisers?

depends on how many perks you get. For example, a recent Biden fundraiser had this price list:

Willa Rogers posted:

Who's going? :dance:

Biden Victory Fund accepts contributions of up to $929,600 from a person and $415,000 from a multicandidate committee (“PAC”). The first $6,600/$10,000 from a person/PAC will be allocated to Biden for President, with the first $3,300/$5,000 designated for the primary and the next $3,300/$5,000 for the general election. The next $41,300/$15,000 from a person/PAC will be allocated to the DNC. The next $510,000/$255,000 from a person/PAC will be split equally among the Democratic state parties from: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, and WY. Any additional funds will be allocated to the DNC, subject to applicable contribution limits.

A contributor may designate his or her contribution for a particular participant by contacting contact@joebiden.com. The allocation formula above may change if following it would result in an excessive contribution. Contributions will be used in connection with federal elections, may be spent on any activity as each committee determines in its sole discretion, and will not be earmarked for any particular candidate. Federal law requires us to use our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employer of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 per election cycle. Biden Victory Fund does not accept contributions from corporations or their PACs, unions, federal contractors, national banks, those registered as federal lobbyists or under FARA, SEC-named executives of fossil fuel companies, or foreign nationals.

I expect the Broadway one will have a higher floor, but similarly eye-watering upper tiers

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
So why should anyone listen to what the SCOTUS says about anything from now on? One of the biggest states said "make me" and the SCOTUS backed down.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

that's like a 20 point drop in that demographic for Biden since 2020.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
so Biden is weeks away from getting enough committed delegates to just take the nomination outright, yet we've had months of polling showing that Biden will probably lose against Trump

why doesn't the Democratic Party want to win?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Willa Rogers posted:

I thought he clinched it on super tuesday, same as big don.

Oops! I thought he just got really close, but no you're right.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

bedpan posted:

why did we need to wait until his second term?

gotta save the unpopular stuff for the time when it won't threaten you

wait someone's handing me a note about favorability on roe v wade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
my favorite thing about people trying to unskew polls is that instead of like, digging into the demographic information and getting the raw data and changing how it was reweighted--you know, what you'd actually do if you wanted to correct an unrepresentive sample--they just pick some new numbers at random that fit the narrative they believe in