Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lol @ a forum where you get probated for pointing out someone is trolling (especially if it's a friend of a mod)

perhaps the mods mshould talk among themselves about this and change that dumbass rule

ooh, i know, we should open a feedback thread. that might help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

you are the Tesla autopilot of this thread and I thank you for your service

not seeing liberals in the camera eye before running them down at 50 miles an hour and then hitting a wall and exploding in a lithium fire; this tracks

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Fritz the Horse posted:

if the mods are even a little bit cool they're all watching Wheel of Time

does pat sajak still host it, or did they get someone new

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It does. It just requires insurance and pharmacies to not have a cost higher than $35 per 30-day supply for the end user.

yeah, i'm gonna make a lil bit of an effort post here since, you know, there's like eight empty insulin pens on my desk in front of me

basically, type 1 diabetics take a basal or once-a-day insulin, and also a short acting insulin before meals. the list price of the short-acting one i take is humalog, at a cool list price of $530.40. the long lasting one i take [strike]is[/strike] as of a letter i got a week ago that gave me a heart attack because it ain't covered anymore, is lantus. lantus's list price is $491.16, but apparently mylar created Literally The Same Thing As Lantus To The Point You Can Freely Switch and it was approved by the FDA a few months ago, and that insulin''s cost is a cool $150.40. a box of each lasts me about a month.

are those numbers terrifying? no poo poo. do the non-american diabetics go "wow that's hosed up i get my humalog piped directly in from my tap"? of course. does everybody pay that horrific price? more often than you think, and this is bad. there are indeed cards you sign up for that if you have no insurance or commercial insurance you get a capped rate of, in the humalog's case, $35/mo and you just need to fill out annual paperwork to refill the card. those prices are still horrific, especially considering 90% of the cost is to pay for some rear end in a top hat lobbyist's golf trip with a congressperson to make sure their three-company monopoly stays intact.

so yes, rooting for that $35/mo insulin thing to remain intact. like, a lot.

Craig K fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 19, 2021

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

aas Bandit posted:

Perhaps address what someone actually said and contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way instead of via passive-aggressive sarcasm?
If you're going to just take a vague poo poo on nameless people and what they "allow" us to do, then to use your words: go to QCS or message a Real Mod about it. This thread isn't the place for it.

please do not backseat mod in this forum, take any concerns to PM. thank you

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

aas Bandit posted:

Are you a mod?

oh good christ no, i actually prefer to solve problems

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
yeah, like the_steve said, the drumbeat of "unions take a cut of YOUR HARD-EARNED PAYCHECK and give it to their corrupt leaders to do nothing" is extremely prevalent in a lot of places.

it's wrong, but prevalent

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

LSU is a public school that takes in about $135 million per year.

$95 million is 20% of their entire current endowment.

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1465684552521822218

Sanguinia posted:

College sports is a plague.

yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

It's even worse now. That chart is from 2013.

In 2020, it went from 8 states where a non-coach was the highest paid to 2.

but you see, paying the football coach ten million a year draws fans so the school can use that extra money to benefit the student experience in a way besides raising tuition!

oh.