Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

FF7R is bad, because people turn the camera around after opening treasure chests. That's what a YouTubesman told me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I will always stand by Tide-us, like Titus Andronicus.

Tidus Andronicus.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Frionnel posted:

I have bad news for you about how that name is pronounced in latin.

(Tee-toos)
It seems my Shakespeare professor in college loving lied to me then. I'll never forgive her for this.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

DeadButDelicious posted:

It's been so long since I've played the OG RE7 that I can't remember if it's your highest affection character, always Aerith, or you pick who runs around the Gold Saucer with Cloud but my memories are of Tifa being there instead of Aerith.
Personally I always took Mia to the Gold Saucer and not Zoe.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Isn't Tifa also like, just a name? Like there's also a Gundam character named Tifa.

Not to say there can't be deeper meaning but I feel like its also a name you'll occasionally see people have, unlike Sephiroth or whatever.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

The generation that grew up with FF7 is having kids you know…
Well they can hang out with that kid named after the Skyrim guy I guess.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah 15 vibed hard with me while something like 16 very much did not even slightly.

Loved running around with the lads and their car.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I played both versions of PS4 Comrades. It gets pretty tough tbh and FFXV was not loving kidding when it said Kenny was waiting for you. I was only able to beat him because I happened to pair up with some overpowered player online once.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

bewilderment posted:

People replied to me talking about FF15's open world 'vibes' but I think you forget all the time where you are literally not interacting as you just drive from place to place and there isn't even any banter going on. Y
No all that driving was something I really liked too. That's something I had more in mind as "vibes" than the banter. The banter was cool too though.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Look what I'm saying is the next Final Fantasy should go to the next level and have cutscene direction by Tsai Miang-Liang.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lol I thought this was an edit at first.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Guess this is canon now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb9T679e3Z0

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

FF12 is the only thing from him I've really played and even the better parts of the story are still fairly dull IMO.

However that game's development sounds like enough of a mess that I should probably give Tactics or Vagrant Story a chance one of these days to better judge Matsuno by.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Even between DDD and KH3 we got HD ReMixes, 2.8 stuff, mobile game etc.

Like just personally speaking I did not feel starved as KH fan lol.

EDIT: drat, beaten by ImpAtom...

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

VostokProgram posted:

Imagine if the final boss fight turns unexpectedly into a rhythm game, Noctis's sword transforms into a guitar and you have to beat Ardyn with the power of rock. That would have been so loving sick
Noctis Lucis Caelum in The Pick of Destiny.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

FF16: Yeah the whole PRESS X TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH!!! thing falls kinda flat in retrospect when Joshua is not only not dead, but they never even suggest that maybe Clive actually did have a lot of buried resentment or anything like that towards him this whole time.

Like there's obviously ways to make "The character I want to avenge is still alive????" a dramatically compelling narrative development that FF16 never really figures out how to do that IMHO

Detective No. 27 posted:

I really enjoyed FFXVI, but Stranger of Paradise ultimately did the angry man on a holy mission to kill one bad dude better.
Yeah like a lot of people I bought Stranger of Paradise semi-ironically but I was pretty unironically invested in Jack by the end of it. That ending is legitimately moving IMHO.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 8, 2024

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It is pretty funny how both Xenoblade 3 and FF16 both end in a place named Origin with a final villain voiced by that guy from Game of Thrones, at least in the English dubs..

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

They also mentioned in some other interview where the flashback structure in FF13 was inspired by the ABC series Lost.

Between that and the FPS thing I think they were just going for general western appeal to some extent, not too dissimilar to FF16.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think Square Enix understands they have multiple video game properties that sell well and are popular.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Endorph posted:

like i saw this when i was a kid and kingdom hearts became my personality for the next five years i think it worked.
Hell its still my personality. KH rules.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Are the mobile games THAT hard to explain though?

Days: Roxas joins a cult

BBS: Leonard Nimoy trolls some guys super hard

Re:coded: Sora goes inside a computer

3D: Inception but also time travel

Union X: Bunch of kids run around

Dark Road: A different bunch of kids get iced by a serial killer

Okay maybe I'm being a bit facetious.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HD DAD posted:

The Bouncer sequel but it’s about a sentient rubber ball that really wants to jump high
I think that's just Flubber.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there a way to go 2nd in queens blood? Seems that going first immediately puts one at a disadvantage.
Usually you can just skip your first turn.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think I got sick of the "speaker in the controller" stuff back in the Wii days lol. Ever since then I've always turned that stuff off. I like MAI though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I only dislike random battles when you literally can't go 4 or 5 steps without triggering one.