Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

TheWorldsaStage posted:

is the last part of the launch trailer music (the choral 'wings of hope' part of footfalls) somewhere? The last trial is all I have left and I haven't heard it yet.

Final MSQ The answer is Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Vitamean posted:

Earlier this week I started blitzing Sage to 79 just because I was curious what their Mt. Gulg weapon looked like, and the most obvious solution was to just get sage to that point since I had almost all of the armor drops anyway and could guarantee the weapon in a couple runs (I kinda hated it when I did get it tbh). Since then I’ve ended up continuing to play sage. Up to 84 right now. It’s fun! I’m sure this is true for Scholar too, but I really like how fast shields can come out now. As I’ve gotten my feet wet with the job I’ve had a few instances where I had to clutch out some shields that I know for sure wouldn’t have caught the damage I was trying to mitigate in Shadowbringers, but now I put them up and a mere moment later the damage goes out and I see them wear off. It’s awesome.

Speaking of Sage weapons, I feel like all of them are at least a bit disappointing. I wish the 89 ones dyed better, and I honestly don't like any of the non-Wing types.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah the Cryptlurker ones work well with my glam.

I also like the ones from Dohn Mheg, and there's a crafted set with some purple effects that look good. Can't remember the name.

I like the Cryptlurker ones in theory and as their own thing, but they feel a bit too non-tech. I like the high-tech look of the AF ones. Also I like how the Wings are while sheathed, the Pendulum and Milpreve types don't look as cool on my back imo.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I just like the Gundam wings. :v:

Also, give us a Sage mount that'll let us fly using the Nouliths. Perma-holos.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

My Sage testimony is that I was in Dalmasca last night and couldn't get myself to run in the right direction through confusion to get out of an AoE on the last boss. So I just flew to my tank with Icarus and was safe at the last second. It will be hard to play a healer without a dash now.

After playing SGE, GNB, and RDM, being on my main of MCH makes me reach for a gap closer that isn't there a lot of the time. :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Consummate Professional posted:

Managed to get one Chi kill thanks to the FC chat. Seems like a major crapshoot on being close by when it pops.

I managed to be lucky enough for it to pop in my instance while I was finishing up the sidequests for the zone :v: Got my mount now.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Begemot posted:

We can cure tempering now, clearly we just need to make a planetary-scale porxie and figure out how to transport it to another dimension.

Shadowbringers role quest capstones isn't far off from this. :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I really like the mechanics of Nier raids but the setting and story don't do anything for me.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Tangents posted:

Copied Factory owned but the other two are kind of bland, Ivalice series still the most consistently good.

The Ivalice story was awful and boring and honestly makes me hate the raids.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Here are my G13/Razer Naga keybinds for MCH. I tend to keep the main combo on the "ASD" equivalent of it. (G13 left, Naga right, I only use the radial one since I think the full 12 button one would be too much).

Movement is done with the G13's joystick. I honestly bought this thing for FFXI 10 years ago and never used it. Dug it out for FFXIV and now I can't live without it :v: Too bad it's been discontinued for years.

I don't even know why I have it here, I figured I would've left it when I moved out and halfway across the country. But it was a lifesaver.

e: Chainsaw isn't nearly as flashy as Air Anchor/Drill and I am super disappointed in it. There's just no "oomph" to it and I find myself double checking my hotbars to see if it even went off.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 24, 2021

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I have an fflogs account and use ACT regularly but I don't even know what all the different color parses mean and how to even check.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Fun fact: the reverb on Gaius's voice during Prae is apparently added after the fact. Clicked off of the game onto another monitor and it was still echoing. :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Even if people aren't raiding the Savage patch will be busy because people like capping their weekly tomes.

There aren't any weekly tomes yet :v: e: oh just saw mention of the Savage patch, nevermind!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Saigyouji posted:

I love the Nabaath Pendulums.

Which body piece is this, and can it be dyed? I've been after a decently pirate-ish glam for my Sage for ages (also give casters the Buccaneer's Tricorne model, SE! :argh)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

As someone with 3 resistance weapons and the mount for getting all the notes, I find Eureka super tedious and I bounced off at the second zone. The challenge log only gets you like a level or two max, and the cap is sixty. And I played FFXI. Which is why I really want to finish Eureka so I can get the AV minion without paying millions of gil. :argh:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Consummate Professional posted:

I think I only need 3 more Bozja logs for the mount. Really hate being that close to the end so I feel I have to do it.

Hopefully you have the Steel and Flame one already, that was my last one and it took me 30 hours alone :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Bruceski posted:

People will pay absurd amounts of money for that +3 haste and the groups trying to farm those money drops are the most toxic thing I've seen in this game.

So it really is like FFXI! :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Does anyone else have a bit of visual overload during the fire/light phase of E1S? It's not particularly hard since you can move with the group for the most part but the glowy floor + the multiple set of orbs circling him + him swinging his chains all at once make it really hard for me to parse what's actually happening in a way I've never had before in any fight, Savage or otherwise.

If feels like that mechanic was originally going to be two different floor colors that you had to switch between but they pared it back last minute :v: I could swear the Normal mode only has one set of glowing orbs but I could be wrong.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I think they're referring to the Level 80 Roulette, which will come back as the Level 90 Dungeon Roulette once we get more 90 dungeons.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I find Southern Front is better exp than Zadnor only because the FATEs in Zadnore die far too quickly to guarantee a gold.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I like 900 to Scrutiny > Meticulous 3 times and then do the extra gathering attempt one. Then again I am brand new to gathering so I might be doing it wrong. :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Just realized how much I would like "Geoguessr but for FF14"

https://wiffxiv.herokuapp.com/

It exists!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

If you're a DPS do one of the ones that drains. I apparently was missing being pretty much self reliant from getting a portion of my damage done back as healing.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Crackerjack posted:

Stay calm, everyone! The Eorzean Civilian Rescue Corps. has arrived.

The only way we're getting through this catastrophe is TOGETHER! To that end, I need everyone who is able, to post their BEST SAGE GLAMOURS in this thread! Everyone else... pray.

*wark*

(Sage has finally clicked with me and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Though I am still having trouble when panic-healing the team back to their feet after we eat a bunch of avoidable mechanics.)

From last time Sage glams were posted:

Saigyouji posted:

I love the Nabaath Pendulums.

Finally got some of these! :yarr: Not the biggest fan of Pendulums but I figured I'd try them out for a bit.

And for when I'm feeling a bit more classy:

(This is from the ShB dungeon despite sharing a model with like 3 other pieces. Because the dye pattern was slightly off on the other ones I had to farm that dungeon for like 2 hours)

And speaking of farming dungeons for hours for a single glam, finally got the Skalla jacket of aiming for my "formal" MCH glam. Took like 3 days of farming that on and off, I swear I got literally every other piece of gear from that dungeon before this one dropped.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 16, 2022

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

NJ Deac posted:

So with all of the universal praise I've been seeing for Endwalker, I'm considering trying FFXIV out for the first time. I imagine these questions have been covered elsewhere in the thread but I skimmed several pages and didn't see the topic discussed; apologies if these have been answered recently:

1) From what I can tell, there is literally no way to start a new account right now due SE's "fix" for the congestion issues. Is that correct, or is there some backdoor way to create a new account if I'm willing to skip the free trial or something? If there's no way in for new players, have they definitively announced when they'll be opening up again?

2) I have not seriously played an MMO since burning out on progression raiding in WoW a decade ago. I have since grown old, had kids, and don't have time like I used to for gaming. Is it possible to make meaningful progress through the storyline while playing maybe a half dozen hours a week, or am I setting myself up for disappointment - is it going to take me years to get to the interesting story beats? Mostly I'm just looking to check out the story and experience some low key dungeon stuff.

1) The game is not on sale right now, but they have announced it coming back on Jan 25, when the new Oceana data center opens. They have not announced a return of the free trial.

2) While there is plenty to do outside of story, the story itself is pretty much a standalone JRPG's worth of plot for each expansion. The base game before Heavenward is about 50-60 hours.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

bi crimes posted:

I run MSQ duty roulette daily and haven't seen Prae in over twenty days. Is this just a very unlikely string of repeats or is there something else to explain this phenomenon?

Time Elapsed: 0m

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I just got the Attendee #777 mount and I love how loud its footsteps are :allears:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm just now realizing that my GNB is like 86 and you all talking about no mercy has me wondering what that skill even is, if I even have it set to my bar, or if Ive been using it all along not knowing it's name. gently caress I'm gonna have to check that when I get home.

This one:

It's the one that gives you an attack buff for 20 seconds.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Don't worry I misread the Heart of Stone's description and didn't have it on my hotbar until I was 80 :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Bruceski posted:

For some reason I read goofy as skateboard slang and now I want to put my hotbars backwards as a stylistic gimmick. Combo buttons running right to left and poo poo.

I mean starting with your index finger might not be the worst idea :thunk:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I've gotten Stormblood alliance raids in roulettes almost exclusively for the past week or so.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Slight spoilers, P3S mechanics, but please enjoy my "Devouring Brands" joke that I put about an hour more into than I should have.

https://twitter.com/KazyEXE/status/1486605488452161536

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

SettingSun posted:

In lieu of job quests I just like to imagine the WoL is the paragon of their job and they just start making poo poo up on the fly as new abilities. Oh, diametrically opposed elements fire and ice can't coexist? Well then check out my new spell Paradox! Studies say this shouldn't be possible!

One weird trick to increase your damage. Thaumaturges hate him!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Keep Living Dead as is, but add Blood Weapon from FFXI and you have to deal enough damage to drain enemies to heal yourself back up to full.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I made it to the very last jump set of Kugane like 3 times before I made it.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I am 43/50 Field Notes in Bozja, which you'd think would make me happy, but really I'm just tired and burning with everlasting hatred for this content. :negative:

Nothing like solo killing 40 robots to spawn a FATE, to then spawn the FATE I need, only for the drop rate to be obscenely low, requiring an hour wait for the cool down after.

As someone who farmed all the notes, I feel you. The Steel and Flame notes were killer, a good 30% of my time farming notes was for just that one.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Hunter Noventa posted:

The only notes I need drop from duels, CLL or Dal. Given that one of the duels is behind the Red Comet, I've resigned myself to never getting that moutn.

I never actually won a duel. Got all mine from the chests or skirmishes/CEs.

I actually got all my CLL/Dal ones before getting my last skirmish one.

Probably helped that I had also been doing 3 relics.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 30, 2022

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Bruceski posted:

I just need Lyon (Red Comet duel, CLL) and Lyon (Zadnor 3 duel, Dalradia). I can do Comet fine, the issue is the rest of the party doing it fine too. There's enough group-up stuff I can't solo it after everyone else dies.

Have you done a Resistance Weapon yet? That's a good way to do other things while spamming CLL and Dal. :v:

I'm still only level 20 in Eureka, I really want to finish it. :negative:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

Do any other Sages have trouble healing/shielding through wall-pulls in the 81 dungeon? That's twice in a row that my tank has melted once they have 7-8 mobs on them, despite me putting as much Haima, Zoe'd E.Diag, Physis+Holos, and Soteria on, and doing as much DPS as I can. They seem to be using cooldowns as far as I can tell, so it's not just a lack of CDs.

Yeah I feel a SGE can't really handle a W2W on the last set of mobs on that dungeon. Even after getting my rotation down, tanks still melt just because of how hard those mobs hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Vermain posted:

I got thrown for a loop for the first couple of days of playing it, but you get used to them surprisingly quickly. Comparatively, I still couldn't tell you even a dozen SAM action names with a gun to my head.

I have Sage at 90 and I usually do my roulettes with it and I still say "Phlegma Balls" in my head literally every time I cast it.