Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
90 trial Zenos' line when he showed up at the end dispelled any annoyances that he was still around. "Is this your prey? Why does it still live?" is possibly one of my favorite lines in the whole game. I just started cracking up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

... you're freaking out ... You're having a breakdown about ...

Love to dogpile hours after someone already backed down from their hot take post. GG.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

That's a good post

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Eimi posted:

but as a middie I haven't run into a clone yet, which is nice.

This just reminded me of the time I ported into Drybone and did a double take as my clone was standing next to the aetheryte. Same features, same hair color and style, same glamour (that black top from Eureka the Anemos Gambison, the Strife legs, the friendship feather in her hair). Only difference was she had much paler skin. I just stopped dead in my tracks. Saw them around a few more times but it's been a long time since I've seen my clone. Wonder what ever happened to them?

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

hazardousmouse posted:

Knowledge brings pain

So does levelling crafting again, my poor inventory

As someone who just finished this, it's made up for in the immense satisfaction of finally getting my inventory down to 10 used slots. Man that felt nice! So clean!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I've gotten ruthless in what I'm willing to sell off. Helps I really enjoy gathering so I have no need to hang on to a lot of the materials I used to hoard.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

There are moments where "I disconnected" is a fine lie to tell.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I've just learned to ignore the error message telling me I can't gain any more poetics. :twisted:

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
On the one hand being able to level every job on one character is fantastic and I wouldn't have it any other way. On the other you are going to see people playing a job only to see the number go up and have no interest in learning how to play it well or even competently.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Failboattootoot posted:

No. It's "slow living" content

We're about to find out where all the webs and slime from Totorak went.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Leal posted:

I'll rent my house out as a timeshare for 5 million gold a month.

Same but you can't touch any of my moogles

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Or you will spend that time grinding out a piece only to have a retainer bring it to you the next week. :argh:

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Hogama posted:

My maps are immaculate.

:hfive:

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
The quests were hot garbage but the cutscenes were some of my favorites of the tribe questlines.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Money is for glam. You spent it wisely.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

The man called M posted:

Is there some emotional payoff to doing the weeklies after the NieR Raids?

Maybe

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Awesome! posted:

it truly is a dark time when you max everything and then realize you wont be able to say "ding 69!" in fc chat anymore

A legitimate purpose for alts imo

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
eh he'd be sarcastically disappointed no matter what we served

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
i salute a fellow red mage rebel

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I thought people did desynth because they put bars on your character screen and I need to fill all the bars.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Nero shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
That scene between the WoL and Lyse towards the end of 4.0 should have been a combat instance

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Countblanc posted:

It's a good thing that lots of people aren't up to date on live letters and such, because it means it'll lead top very funny posts about Island sanctuary after the patch

If Island Sanctuary isn't a first person battle royale I'm going to be very upset!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Are we sharing Namazu vendor pics???

I'd ask when we were getting Moogle vendors but I was really happy with the way these little guys fit my house

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
The only materia I hold on to is gathering and crafting materia and even then if a patch comes out with new DoL or DoH gear I'll sell it while the price is sky high. It's rare that I'm wanting to meld at the start of a patch and prices go crazy for a day or two.

Heck sometimes I'll buy low when I know new gear is coming out just for selling it high.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
If Doma was fantasy Texas we could have just executed the criminal.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
My poor birb has died several times to Bad Breath. Even when I try to position them out of the way, they still wander into danger. :(

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
get rid of the hat slot to make room for more rings

fair for everyone!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Kashuno posted:

Look if you don’t buy a Fantasia every week to adjust individual sliders by 1 or change one option at a time are you really exploring all the options of the character editor?

It's a shameful lack of curiosity smh

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Zeruel posted:

the real litmus test is what title you have

{Pom Friend}

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Bozja* what?

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I've got dibs on the thread for Firmament Fetes!

Just the fetes though, someone else needs to do one for Firmament crafting.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
just another victory by the WOKE in their War on CHRISTMAS

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Just give the male model an underwear top. EZ PZ.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Pom Friend 4ever <3

Love the Namazu quests though

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Macaluso posted:

So are you not supposed to be able to reach the craftsmanship/control requirements without pentamelding? I would like to upgrade my crafted set to the next one, but even with food I'm still about 400 and 200 short of craftsmanship/control.

Same with the gathering gear, I can't gather the stuff I need to craft the gear because it requires stats I can't reach. Is it really expected that you need to do the pentamelding thing

I don't think there's anything current that I can not craft with my double melded scrip gear. I used food and cp tea when making my 6.3 gathering set. I needed about 6000 or so quality from component parts but I could 100% hq those so it was not a problem. I'm at work so I can't give more details but you definitely don't need to pentameld anything at this time.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Antivehicular posted:

I feel incredibly dumb asking this about seasonal fluff events, but is there a guide to the House Valentione storyline anywhere? I get the gist (something about an Ishgardian house devoted to promoting the holiday) but boy, there are a lot of NPCs hanging around.

While I'm sure there's an npc in gridania that explains stuff, like you said it's among a bunch of other holiday npcs. The easiest way to find one is in ul'dah or limsa. Go to the holiday themed sections of each and look for the emissary or something like that and you can ask them questions about the holiday.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
<<Pom Friend>>

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Cait Sith or Fat Cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Corgi minion or bust. Modded to be a tricolor corgi.

I might be biased.

That's a good pup.