Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Kardur is a really fun, but stupid deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Azza Bamboo posted:

Just draw your own

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
why the gently caress are anyone preordering poo poo a month before the preorder date?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I asked about making custom tokens in the main magic thread and they initially blew a gasket because I used the phrase "proxy tokens", but after reading through the thread is the mpc site good for smaller orders? I want to make funny custom pilot tokens out of stuff my friends made in Photoshop for me, with stupid memes from Gundam and Eva

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Some of my prototype token designs came in the mail today

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm running hurricane with the genestealer magus and that's always a fun way to end a game.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Batterypowered7 posted:

Put in a 504 card order from MPC. I did five cEDH decks (Adeline, Orvar, Tiviz, Marneus, and Kenrith), and five non-cEDH decks (Korvold, Shanna, Rafiq, 5c Allies, and Bust Rodd's Mutate deck with changes to the mana base). Used those 4 spare slots to take care of some DFCs that were causing issues with getting every card printed front and back.

Printed out 200 tokens at work to cover all the decks, which I am now cutting by hand because I cannot be trusted to use the mandolin.

Looking forward to all my fake decks that are just as playable as ones made with real cards!

Do you have a link to the deck list for the Marneus Calgar deck?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
My most bullshit deck is Shorikai so the yoji shinkawa SL was an instant buy for me as all those cards are in that deck and it suits it perfectly.

I finally won a game against my friend's Brago Stacks deck in a pod via out bullshitting him with cedh staples and it felt good to not just get bullied the whole time via being unable to play. Displacer kitten, mana rocks, and cheap artifacts were the MVP of that game for me. But man it can sometimes feel so bullshit and calvinball compared to mid-high tier where I get to play funny cards instead of having to play good cards or else.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Batterypowered7 posted:

I sure wish ABUR duals didn't cost so much... Wait a minute. I have an idea!

And they will be none the wiser!

Underground Sea (legit)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
that's just how my lgs always smells

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Batterypowered7 posted:

So in cEDH, let's say you've got an opponent at a precariously low life total and it at least appears as if they won't be able to win any time soon, do you save them from an attack that might kill them (like with a Spirit token from Forbidden Orchard) in the hopes that they will contribute to stopping your other opponents, or do you let them die so there's one fewer opponent that could stop you?

I'm very nice and not entirely cutthroat competitive so I'd let them live. But even in my strongest desire to win I'd still spare them in order to not draw threat from the other two people at the table.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'd rather play against someone that says "ok I played these two cards and if you don't counterspell one of them then you all lose." than play against stacks where the wincon is that I just quit out of boredom after four hours while the rest of the pod is playing on their phone

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Some new pilot tokens came in

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What's a good source online for more spindown dice? I really like them for all sorts of tabletop games as I don't have to hunt for the numbers and none of the LGSs near me have a bucket of them for $0.50 each like they used to.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Aphrodite posted:

Cheap bucket dice are usually made by Chessex, so if you can find a vendor for them you may be able to literally buy them by the pound.

Those are not spindown dice with sequential faces, which is what I'm looking for

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Aphrodite posted:

They definitely make those too.

I can't find them online unless I want some earrings made out of them

edit: I kid, there are some on etsy but they're mildly expensive at around $2 each

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 22, 2022

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Who wants an Insect tribal commander?

Would work pretty well with the graveyard synergy insects from 40k commander.

I've wanted to make a new golgari deck and this is entirely my poo poo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Framboise posted:

are we still equating "anime art style" to "horny" in 2022

yes

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

MonsieurChoc posted:

Looking for a commander for a deck based around blinking prototypes.

brago

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Khanstant posted:

I should start cataloging my tokens. sleeving a commander deck just now, realized I didn't pickup any tokens for it. Looked up the appropriate ones for this deck and the next im making and jeez, I was expecting like 5-10 cents each. One was like 18, others 8, 6, 3. I dug through my token box and found a few, but the rest I'm just gonna make my own because feels silly to spend over a dollar for a dang token!

the dry erase tokens are really good for stuff that's not super common or that you don't make often enough to spend money on

I love using those dry erase tokens for keeping track of all the different types of counters in my Perrie deck. I jokingly call it "bookkeeping tribal" because of how many goofy counters are in that deck.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'd rather have people fidgeting and into the game than for 3 people to be on their phone the whole time then take a solid hour to play their turn because they weren't paying attention

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm gonna go play a format that's intended to be social and be as antisocial as I can

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'm thinking about eventually having just a whole mess of proxied decks. I'm talking about all the two-color pairs, all the wedges/shards (minus Jund and Bant) , maybe even four-color and mono-color decks. I think I already have a few middle-of-the-road-ish decks with regards to power level, so I was hoping you would all share some of your favorite decks that meet any of the color criteria above that you would consider tuned/higher power without outright stepping into cEDH. Card price is obviously not an issue since these will be proxied.

You can make any deck spicy and strong, or you can make it middle of the road. But my favorite commanders that lead to a fun theme that over performs are:

Dina, Soulsteeper. golgari bullshit, instantly wins if you get exquisite blood out and there's a bunch of combos or grindy stacks like effects you can do.

Shorikai. Get in the loving EVA, shinji.

Aegar. I call it board wipe tribal as you draw cards from killing poo poo, so it's like mono red burn with a ton of blue control.

Orzov stuff, I like the new commissar as it's funny to me to have her field execute my worthless tokens for card draw. Teysa is also a pretty common architype.

Brago blinky etb bullshit

Jetmir. The idea of him is he's an overrun effect in the command zone, so you make a bunch of creatures then kill every one. I figured the easiest way to do this is have something with haste out and then poop out a bunch of tokens with an X spell like grand crescendo. So I needed to ramp hard to get that to happen. Which gave me the idea to make it kinda group hug. Really it's the party deck. Everyone gets to have fun drawing cards, playing with double or triple mana, just the opposite of stacks really where you encourage people to play magic rather than shut them down. Then once the party has gone on long enough you call in the cleanup crew and have 16 4/1 tokens with vigilance, double strike, trample and often haste. It hangs at higher levels because people are greedy and will let you help them without realizing it's a trap.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Sometimes being annoying is half the reason to play a card, see any wheel or windfall effect

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LifeLynx posted:

Kenrith's black ability is a mini All Hallow's Eve, so if you like that theme he's the best bet. Fair warning, everyone I know who's tried a Group Hug deck ended up regretting it and either taking it apart or adding some actual wincons. It's fun maybe once if no one at the table has seen it before.

My own version of group hug is Jetmir where I let everyone draw cards, have double or triple mana, and just have a bunch of fun until I drop 16 tokens with haste on the board that are double strike, trample, vigilance and +3+0 to end the party.

Group hug is fun.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Batterypowered7 posted:

You got Beastmaster Ascension in there?

I don't attack often enough to get it to trigger.

I do have cathar's crusade which has led to some fun "oh poo poo no no no" moments where the next turn I made 10 10/10s

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tarnop posted:

If you swing with 16 dudes it's on immediately, that combat. The trigger is per attacker

I'm dumb, I thought it was after. Yeah ok that's going back in there.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Batterypowered7 posted:

I've got a buddy that wants to try to deal as much damage as possible from a creature/creatures connecting. We were thinking of goofy rear end poo poo like Hydra Omnivore, some way to give it double-strike, and maybe some of those damage multipliers like Furnace of Rath. I thought Saskia might be a good Commander for such a deck.

Have out some counter doublers like doubling season, branching evolution, kaldheim vorinclex, etc then cast body of research. Once that's out, cast some other doublers like hydras growth. Should be at least a 560/560 out the gate pretty easily.

Or you can just use vorel of the hull clade and an infinite mana trigger with staff of domination to make anything with a +1/+1 go to infinity

But for the largest finite amount of power on a creature you can't go wrong starting with body of research.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ChiTownEddie posted:

I have two tribal decks (horrors and zombies) that play a bit differently, but I think I want a more spell slinger-y deck... probably Izzet? Does anyone have a fun recommendation to get me going? Otherwise I guess I'll start by using Niv and tossing a ton of instants and sorceries and trying to figure out a wincon haha.

Aegar from kaldheim. Every one of your damaging spells that does excess damage makes you draw a card. Also there's a bit of giants and wizard tribal to it but really you're not going to let people play creatures as those get burned up into card draw. Wincons are pretty much trying to get a shitload of mana then nuke everyone with a fireball like effect, dualcaster mage + twin flame, and my favorite that I've yet to pull off is toralf and blasphemous act where the excess damage from the spell tramples over.

Do note that excess damage means each instance of it, so you can lightning bolt a 1/1 to deal excess damage and then before it dies you can shock or gutshot or any other instant spell that does damage to that creature and then draw a card for each one of them.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Cool

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dizz posted:

a sliver deck that contains no slivers sounds awesome.

I prefer the ur-dragon deck with no dragons

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Emperor was fun for the one time I played it, but I'm not dying to play it again. The one with different role cards that you give out can be fun but I played it at an annoying table and it might be more fun with fun people.

Yet to play monarch in the middle but it seems interesting.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Security bypass, schemer's mask, and raffine themselves are pretty funny in that deck.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

starbarry clock posted:

whats the best precon you can get that also wont make people get stroppy

i bought the coin flip secret lair one but i still have people complaining about an unedited precon that is literally rng if it goes off

seems like theres so many eggshells to walk on in commander sometimes

I wouldn't count that one as a precon since it's about 10x more powerful than any other fully packaged deck wizards has made in the past few years. Also I wish I had your play group as everyone I know plays decks as if they picked them from a top 10 most hated commander list like winota, yuriko, urza etc.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Batterypowered7 posted:

I think I want Eriette to be the next deck I build. Have you all played against any spicy brews recently? I'm probably looking to make this one a 7-8, so not quite cEDH, but tuned well.

E:

She's probably not a good cEDH commander anyway.

I put this together and it's been fun to just grind people out and let them fight each other. Nothing super fancy about it but there's enough card draw and interaction to not just get poo poo on after people realize the effects of the curses. It needs a few more effects like ghostly prison, so I'll keep tinkering with it.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/AY_PoCd5kEGHyhhf6TlFxA

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's very thematic if you want to roleplay as a wicked witch. My trick was politics with stuff like tenuous truce and loran, then having to play tower defense once I played exquisite blood and the table brought out the torches and pitchforks to come burn down my castle. You won't get consistent wins and you're totally hosed against very aggressive decks or when aura shards comes out. But it's a fun, janky midrange deck where you get to play the saturday morning cartoon villain.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Silhouette posted:

Yeah but Evelyn and triplets don't have Xanathar's poo poo-eating grin

However:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

starbarry clock posted:

if they can print "can be played as your commander" on planeswalkers whats stopping them from doing that with an artifact or enchantment

or land :sss:

There's shorikai

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Raenir Salazar posted:

Not a Sliver :getin:

So I haven't seen this card before but memes aside is the idea I cast it from my sideboard, choose slivers, and all slivers cost 1 colourless less?

they all got errata'd, now you pay 3 generic to put it from the sideboard into your hand and then you play it like any other card.

The bottom part of that scryfall page has all the fun details

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

disaster pastor posted:

Note also that it's not "each creature shares a type," it's "each nonland card shares a type." So it literally has to be all lands and creatures. If you have any artifacts, instants or sorceries, Umori is not a legal companion.

To satisfy Umori's companion requirement, there must be one card type that each nonland card in your starting deck has. For example, if every nonland card is an artifact creature, enchantment creature, or creature, it is satisfied; but if you have an artifact creature, an artifact, and a creature, it is not satisfied.
(2020-04-17)