Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

LeeMajors posted:

Capital has successfully vitamixed us into oblivion with culture war nonsense.

Its also partially because local news has been killed, local newspapers have been gutted and conglomerated, local tv news has been bought up by larger chains and now doesn't even have to be made in market, and the internet has solved the national distribution issue for places like NY Times and WaPo to become national.

Remember how generic USA Today used to be because it was trying to be a national newspaper with no regional interest? Thats most news sources these days

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

dirty shrimp money posted:

Did I just watch the biggest US war criminal since Jeff Davis get forgiven for his sins? :psyduck:

The political elite forgave Kissinger a long time ago

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

BlindSite posted:

Cheers mate. Everything is kind of not too bad except my elbow joints are so sore it hurts to straighten my arms. Really weird.

Apparently all testing facilities in my area are closed today and I was told to call a pathology to try and make an appointment or find a rapid antigen test. No pathology has bookings available til Tuesday (its currently Friday morning). I called 4 local pharmacies, all out of stock.

I'm going to get this chicken carcass I got out of the fridge and throw some bones in divination instead. gently caress me.

You should it to make chicken soup afterwards

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I just have yogurt or an egg for breakfast

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Grittybeard posted:

I would just like everyone to know that this person exists.

https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status/1479290086093201417

Is he gonna have any reach? His pecs look like they'll prevent him from punching in front of him

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I decided to go to the allergist last winter and start getting my allergies treated with more than just Zyrtec because most of my allergy symptoms are identical to mild Covid and I'd rather not be constantly thinking I caught it

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

My wife worked with an asymptomatic positive person last week and she's the only person out of the other three in the ambulance she was on that hasn't gotten it. She's also the only boosted one. Boosters work y'all.

My 2yo daughter had a close contact in her daycare Friday and they just down for this week. She's now stuffy with a light fever. She'll be tested Thursday. Her class has also had a number of kids with plain old colds so I'm really, really hoping that's it.

The cold vs allergies vs low symptom covid game is pretty annoying

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Braksgirl posted:

I'm dying, y'all. Someone I work with posted in our agency group about a problem with a katana that her son bought at Epcot in the Japan pavilion. Despite living in Orlando, they had to get it mailed to their house (can't have weapons in the park, I guess) and it came in today. She was mad because when they unsheathed the sword there was an inscription on it and she thought maybe someone had bought it and returned it so they got a used sword.

The inscription said "To my brother Budd, the only man I ever loved. - Bill". She had no idea.

Thats amazing, though I gotta wonder why Kill Bill katanas were being sold at Epcot

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Android Apocalypse posted:

All right, let's fess up: name your poo poo band that you used in that time period.

I was super high while watching a cover of All of the Lights and during the course of that song found the resolve to lose 70lbs and get in shape.

So you could say I'm feeling extremely called out by that tweet

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I'm shocked they didn't pull in Senator Blunt for the pun

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Happy holiday to all who celebrate

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Ornery and Hornery posted:

He got antibodies put into him?

I thought stuff was only for the ruling class and their political puppets?

Its filtering down as production scales up, but the issue is that they need to match whichever strain of covid you have, so the transition from the delta->omicron wave significantly reduced the availability of supplies

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Always get an MMR and whooping cough booster since you never know when you'll encounter someone who isn't vaxxed and can spread both. I may be biased since I live and work in an where there are a lot of people who don't believe in either vaccine.

Also, you should get T-DAP boosters every decade anyways. Ask me about catching Whooping Cough and how much it loving sucked

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
No need to eat our own, let's just all laugh at the Cowboys together like a family

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Speaking of lifting gyms and dogs, met this cutie yesterday while working out

Just the kindest and sweetest German shepherd puppy ever

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Fifty Three posted:

Just do what I did, have this exact problem and snap and buy a house. :v:

(It's an absolutely reasonable complaint and you have my sympathy)

Yeah, if was still living in my old apartment, WFH would have driven me crazy, but I already had a dedicated office space in my current house, so it was an easier transition. Especially once I got a second monitor

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

General Dog posted:

I really wish we’d gotten Guillermo Del Toro’s version instead.

Same

He quit because the studio was demanding that he go from the planned 2 movies and turn it into a trilogy, and when he quit, the studio told Jackson either he could direct it as a trilogy or they would find their own director who would.

I'm sure there is a fan edit out there somewhere that cuts it down to 2 good movies

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
On the Florida topic, let's not forget how the voters approved the ending of felony disenfranchisement and state legislature just said "Naw" and reinstated it

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Welp, girlfriend has covid and we spent the night together over the weekend. She also probably had Covid at her grandpa's funeral on Saturday, so she has a lot of phone calls to make.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Kalli posted:

From reading some articles this morning, it's apparently that and apple's app restrictions causing them to lose billions in ad revenue.

Yay, good

gently caress them

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I got a pixel 6 to replace my pixel 3 cause the battery was becoming lovely, Its pretty good, I got the pro for the better camera, but drat this is a big phone

I still miss my old windows phones :qq:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
So despite being very exposed to Covid last weekend, looks like I managed to dodge it. Get your booster folks

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Pain of Mind posted:

I watched through all of Futurama a few years ago, and pretty much every memorable thing from the show was in the first season. Hopefully this revival is better than every other revival.

Wait they already did a mediocre revival (with a few great episodes scattered throughout)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Skwirl posted:

When I was like 12 and our school was setting us up email accounts it was drummed in our heads "never email anything you wouldn't want everyone in the world to see."

The version I heard was "never put into writing anything you wouldn't want to have to read out loud in court"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Taking time off from working hard to ski in Tahoe. We got about 6 inches of snow yesterday

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

harperdc posted:

was it monkeu or grover? lmao

Monkeu was such a horrific NBA shitposter

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I'm several episodes in, but he hasn't been great at the murdering everyone thing so far. Really good at getttthevehit best out out of him though

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

lol, they've been worse

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Intruder posted:

Addie's gonna love that yard

The patio whips rear end too

The only downside is no sex dungeon out of nowhere like the usual zillow links in the chat thread

That's cause he hasn't moved in yet

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

harperdc posted:

Big old earthquake after 11:30 at night. Thanks Japan, I wasn’t trying to get to sleep yet anyways.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1504112756299026438

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Bird in a Blender posted:

I have to imagine the dying younger is probably in large part due to COVID. People are just dying more in general, which is going to shift life expectancy down. No clue why that would help employers though, unless it means people dying while they're still working.

The tweet is from 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Pron on VHS posted:

I saw The Batman in theaters. Really great movie, best Batman for sure, Pattinson owned, but it could have been 30 min shorter. The whole flooding stadium with fake riddler snipers scene could have been removed

Yeah, I had the same thought. It just felt like an unnecessary 4th act in an already long movie

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1508270575902687232

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Is it mid 2000s GBS again because it sounds like hating furries is hitting the mainstream

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1508859309702230034

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Braksgirl posted:

Greetings from Waikiki. If you ain’t rich, don’t come here. Holy poo poo.

On the plus side, we had delicious bulgogi and Korean fried chicken at a little hole in the wall place. So good.

Waikiki Beach is gorgeous, but it's really built up and feels really artificial. Honolulu is a cool town overall.

You gotta try to get fresh malasadas (donuts) at Leonard's bakery. Also had a great dinner at The Pig and The Lady and great drinks at Bar Leather Apron.

I miss that place, it was beautiful

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
This championship game is absurdly good

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

MaximilianK posted:

I'm meeting with my PA to go over this "having a stroke with a bum hip" business

I'm meeting with my gf to get stroked on my bum and hip

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I enjoy how when you click on the link for the DDOS information, there is no info there

Edit: I guess they realized it was broken and deleted it

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Bird in a Blender posted:

I had someone send me that webcam blackmail email a few months ago. I just ignored it. If all my friends got a video of me jerking off, they were polite enough not to mention it to me.

Jokes on the scammers, I'm an exhibitionist