Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I've been dry for just over 2 years now, so I guess I'm doing a de facto Dry January too.

No way I could give up sparkling water, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

Do you use a soda stream or anything like that?

Nah, I'm just a Klarbrunn soldier. I think finding the subtle flavorings to add to the water would be a challenge, and knowing myself, getting a soda stream would spiral into engineering an actual CO2 tank connection to the drat thing.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

I remember going to a party in college that had a basement with a toilet literally in the middle of the room. It didn't stop anyone from using it.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i work in cannabis

For some reason after reading this I just pictured a normal looking office desk setup, but inside a wigwam made out of felled weed plants.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

Punky Brewster and Just Say No had a powerful effect.

Smh, forgetting the harrowing tale of the caffeine pill scourge at Bayside High School

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Well, it is right after the holidays with a new strain that seems to be more infectious than anything else at the moment.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Wavy Navy on an Apple IIe

The demo cds from PC Gamer were also a large part of my early gaming experience.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

There was a fun helicopter sim too but I can’t remember the name of it.

Sim Copter, obviously

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Its Rinaldo posted:

People have really liked Power Wash Simulator from what I've seen

Probably entranced by the story mode.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
All of a sudden I'm wondering what part of my house or backyard I could fit a sauna in.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Carhartt quilted lined overall crew represent

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Eh, I've put worse things into my body.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

10 cops 20 feet away just greased a dude in nashville wielding a box cutter

Our brave heroes prevented him from potentially throwing it towards an innocent victim!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

GD_American posted:

Guess what happens when you don't pay those taxes and become disabled, or years later reach retirement age? You either don't get Social Security, or get an insultingly low amount.

Just lol if you're actually expecting to receive social security when you retire

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I didn't realize Google Image Search was so serious

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
So how does one even procure a PS5 these days?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
So apparently the laid off Peloton employees got a free 12 month membership to Peloton as part of their severence

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I just water-jetted the main drain stack from my kitchen and have free flowing water for the first time in years. Never thought watching a full sink drain quickly would be so satisfying.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
After hearing Jim Breuer's retelling of the Norm Macdonald vs. Chris Kattan story, it was pretty clear nobody else at SNL wanted him there either.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Lol, the chud down the street is now flying a Canadian flag

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

swickles posted:

As someone who wore a mask for 8 to 12 hours a day every day for a decade before the pandemic, I honestly don't get the complaints against wearing them. It took like 3 minutes to go from "huh, this mask is on my face" to not noticing it at all.

But it's slightly inconvenient kind of!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Hey look, it's my b-hole after I bought that jar of pickled Thai peppers

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Pops Mgee posted:

Just got the :siren:Squall Warning:siren:

I'm on my fifth warning I think, and it's just... normally snowing outside?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
This Gran Turismo 7 download is going to take forever :(

Then the subsequent update download will take forever :(

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

I’m going to start it when I get home from work in the am then I’m going fishing. Then to the bars. I hope I can play, slightly drunk, later in the evening. I’m very excited. Gonna be like the late 90s again, but with booze.

Hell yeah :hfive:

The Gran Turismo series has a very nostalgic spot in my heart, but I'm also immediately depressed that this the 25th anniversary and I'm old now damnit

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Lol, I caught that immediately in the Zillow listing. Previous owners do weird poo poo a lot.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I've worked remotely like three days in the past year and a half because I do a lot of hands-on stuff :(

Our offices are basically empty, so at least I can still get stuff done without too much distraction.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Blowjob Overtime posted:

End of day curveball: the manager from the Manufacturing Engineering group grabbed me and indicated she and people in her group had at points actively advocated for me seemingly opposing my manager and his boss. Operations consists of Quality, Manufacture Engineering, and Production; so I interact with ME's and Production more than I do with other people in Quality.

I will be scheduling time to discuss it further with her.

Good times. I'm getting dragged back into Manufacturing Engineering stuff because our Ops Engineering org tree all left (literally director down through technicians) due to an interim VP who just got the boot for being incompetent! And I'm one of a few people left in the company who knows how a bunch of production processes actually work! Weee!

Congrats on the job exit vindication.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
That's some fine cakery right there

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Got a Pastrami on the smoker :clint:

Also just started putting seeds into the grow chamber to germinate for the garden

And finishing up some CAM to do another test run of a bass guitar body on my CNC router

And my new racing wheel/pedals for GT7 are getting delivered earlier than expected today

Pretty satisfying Saturday so far, and it's not even noon yet!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

T-Square posted:

Woof, occasionally I forget why I always stop reading the F1 thread and am always reminded almost immediately when I wade back in. The non-stop one-upping ironic poo poo-posts are extremely cringe and grating but lol at posters tripping over themselves to barge into the thread in an attempt to totally own other posters that are mildly concerned for someone’s safety after slamming into a concrete wall at triple digit speeds and disintegrating their car on impact :jerkbag:

Yeah, the "you can't show concern for someone's well being after a terrifying wreck because the FIA won't let me wear the helmet I want to for amateur kart racing" take was some next level poo poo.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

T-Square posted:

Lol I’m assuming that was 1500/Italianquid. I’d love to spend a day with that guy and listen to him totally own me all day

Yeah, there's such a fascinating mix of some obviously truly miserable people in there. I just want to make Max Verstappen frog jokes and make fun of English cuisine :(

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
This is definitely the seasonal dick tease point of the year where you've recently had one nice weekend in the 60's and it looks amazing outside, but it's actually 20 degrees and you'll get a freak ice storm the next day because gently caress you.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

T-Square posted:

Someone robbed Lagwagon’s tour truck and stole all of their gear :mad:

Probably an out of control Mr. Coffee

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

Make nachos

... or carnitas nachos

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Bird in a Blender posted:

The ceiling is trimmed out for some reason. It’s just a too small of an opening, hence the warning tape. My guess is that the actual clearance at the edge is like 6’ or less because they didn’t design it properly.

Attic access in really old houses look like that. Normally there would be some sort of door that would close across the opening for insulation reasons.

I'm also struggling to get through the pictures because of the overwhelming amount of little things that aren't square, plumb, straight, or matching. There has to be some sort of mental illness going on there or something.

Edit: Lol, it took me embarrassingly too long to realize it's a barn.

Edit 2: Holy gently caress, the "blueprints"

Rectal Placenta fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 7, 2022

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Coco13 posted:

I am enjoying a delicious beer on the patio of Madison's favorite neighborhood bar.

I'm assuming you're at The Wisco

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Mwuahahaha

The early stages of madness while slowly uncovering Previous Owners Things

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Spring needs to knock this poo poo off and not be in the 30's anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
1. I'd probably just yank it and shoot it full of silicone, especially if it's out of sight
2. Maybe a project to build some doors that swing out. That bottom channel is always going to collect water and rust/rot stuff
3. Vented soffit and fascia
4. Cover the ground with river rock, lattice everything, and just store stuff under there