Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Barudak posted:

so its possible its chopped up similar to the atrocious car chase to start Quantum of Solace

Still amazing to me they chose to open their movie with that diarrhea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I liked 90% of Shang Chi, even if it would have been a way better movie if it had zero to do with the MCU.

No Time to Die, at its absolute best, might sneak into a #10 spot if you just didn't watch a lot of good movies.

Even that's being way generous.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Seinfeld sucks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My mistake.

Jerry Seinfeld sucks.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I saw spiderman in a plague box with only 8 people in it.

My commentary: it's tiny, but I appreciate that if you take the glider from goblin he apparently just starts using pro wrestling maneuvers. Pretty sure he power bombed spidey through four floors or something, and that is simplistic choreography I can get behind. Goblin gonna body slam a man.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Stuff like that isn't wildly uncommon, and isn't really that weird imo :shrug:

You should look up how old each one was at the time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Watched the 4k disc of Ghost in the Shell

Anime is good

I also like Scarlett Johansen

:wink:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Arc Hammer posted:

Princess Mononoke is close to having a perfect dub but then Billy Crudup and Claire Danes completely sleepwalk through their roles as the two leads. Gillian Anderson owns as Moro and its funny watching people poo poo over her performance because it's inaccurate to the mythology of the giant wolves being genderless.

I do like the Porco Rosso dub better though because it has Cary Elwes do his best crazy Texan accent and that counts for a lot.

Mononoke and Porco Rosso are probably the ones I enjoy the most, though I have always had the softest spot for Castle in the Sky. Simple drat adventure story, but I love it!

Also obviously Castle of Cagliostro is A+ stuff.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ultra posted:

The only Eurovision song I like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MKAf6YX_7M

(sadly, I actually do like it...)

It owns

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gripweed posted:

GET HIM INTO GUNDAM

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Moola posted:

Speaking of Gundam I watched gundam Hathaway and it was mind numbingly boring

Prequels tier walking and talking garbage

Yeah I would only recommend Hathway to someone who's deep in the gundam paint already. Seriously, if you want to dip your toes into the "main" storyline just watch the 3 compilation movies on Netflix. They look old because they are, but it's where everything started.

If you wanna watch batshit robot stuff, there's G Gundam somewhere and Gundam Wing on Hulu for purestrain brain melting robo babble.

Hathaway wasn't a thrill ride for me either, and I was looking forward to it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Castor Poe posted:

So, this a real movie apparently...

IT'S A DELGO FOR A NEW GENERATION

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
He was Josh

I can feel it in my e-bones

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

We have such sights to show you

A giant robot representing future space Mexico...named Tequila...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I LOVE ANIME

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blessed

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
At the very least the first episode of Murderville is pretty good. Celebrity guest homicide detective Conan O Brien is gonna crack open this magician murder case wide open.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PostNouveau posted:

Dying at the Marshawn Lynch episode of Murderville

He was having a great time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

LOL Ralph already did the Bruce Willis thing

Hacks

Frauds

Who

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cubone posted:

bruce willis says "grandkids? I don't have any grandkids" with the exact tone and cadence as "I'm not at the beach, this is a bathtub"

e
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd1eNS9HtXo&t=1962s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BlYUBZCCmE&t=4s

Oh my god it is the exact same delivery

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"If you wanna bet on a man fuckin an alligator...moneyplane" should be right up there with "somehow, Palpatine has returned" in terms of hall of fame garbage lines. Easily an all-timer.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dunno, some of the steps taken/not taken by these garbage movies to cover up Willis's hearing aids and/or line feeder make for a good chuckle or two.

Bruce Willis and his descent into absolute garbage is a story near and dear to my heart. I used to watch anything with him in it, but I eventually found my breaking point. This video was helpful in showing how much worse it could have gotten.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I watched The Kid Detective just there and had a massively visceral reaction to the final ten mins. Really good stuff.

Dude, for real. Just an absolute kick to the gut. I really loved that movie.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

General Dog posted:

He's quite good at playing an affable doofus (Boogie Nights, The Other Guys, etc), or occasionally a malignant doofus (Pain & Gain). When he's just in straight-faced action mode, he doesn't bring much to the table.

He was fun in the Departed. Angry Boston cop man, yells at everything. Not a particularly challenging role, but it worked.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Even as a younger kid I knew Trowa and Quatre were gay as hell and it mattered little. Trowa still had a giant robot made out of guns and missiles and a giant switchblade, he could bang whoever the hell he wanted and I'd still cheer him on.

If anything it makes me laugh that the show evaded adult outcry.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
ElfGapers.org

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Can someone who's seen Evangelion please tell me this whiny dork kills himself and is replaced in the next episode.

This is the most annoying poo poo I've ever seen and I made it through like 12 episodes of Dragonball Z.

Evangelion is a series about depressed kids being used by depressed adults into killing giant aliens who are probably depressed as well. The giant robot fighting stuff is just a bonus.

I like the series a lot but if you're having a hard time handling Shinji right out the gate I don't know if you can last til the midpoint of the series where it gets more lighthearted before twisting every goddamn knife it can find in that kid's heart.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Current anime standings:

Princess Mononoke - 10/10

Perfect Blue - 9/10

Ponyo - 7/10

My Neighbor Totoro - 5/10

Spirited Away - 3/10

Dragonball Z - 0/10

Evangelion - 0/10

ONE PUNCH MAN - 11/10

I recommend Outlaw Star. Sci-fi adventure series with space ships that punch each other. It's got highs, good lord it has lows, but overall I'd say it works.

If you end up hating it just don't break it to me, I'd rather live assuming you loved it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Barudak posted:

Outlaw Star has a journey to the sexy hotspring planet episode so its 100% anime

Still amazing that despite being the fanservice episode they tied in one giant plot device into it, so when they got to the final episodes in America after skipping the hot springs episode the main character inexplicably has super magic bullets seemingly out of nowhere.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Marketing works!

Saw an add telling me to sip blue milk from a Boba Fett mug, which made my brain realize how much I wanted a boba tea. Better luck next time, Star Wars!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
anime is great

well, sometimes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Looks like there's a discount theater showing Jackass 4, only three tickets sold.

Might be the best chance I'm gonna get

EDIT: just in case, post this quote on my gravestone if I pay for my hubris

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rageaholic posted:

I need to go see it again before it leaves theaters.

I was one of 6 people in there.

Movie was great. Knoxville is a king.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
One of the highlights of Jackass Forever is someone shouting after a prank that he's a vegetarian and it cracking up the cast and crew even harder than before.

it's a weird reaction to getting covered in pig cum, it had me in stitches more than the prank itself.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
so anyway im watching gundam wing and it feels like as i watch it im beginning to realize that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm so glad you asked

I'm realizing that wacky bullshit aside the series is about a bunch of people who fuckin love war, but there ends up a schism between the illuminati bourgeoise who want drones to take over so they don't have to work anymore to subjogate the masses and the "romantics" who only want wars that shed human blood in order to keep the "purity" of the thing. There's a decent idea covered in glitter and anime cliches buried in there, delivered in the wildest way possible.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anime

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Y'all are just staring at screens imagining the sickest poo poo.

Christ, that's a horror movie

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
For the love of God someone talk about star wars again