Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Republicans posted:

That and he hated how mad he felt making them.

A smarter person than us, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Hi. This is false.
https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2011
https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2021
Thanks for playing. Here's your consolation prize.

Nomination: Worst Gaslighting

Tibalt posted:

The leading cause of death of police in 2021 was covid, and the increase of police assaults were fights with protestors against police shootings.

Police won't get vaccinated or stop shooting people in 2022, A Pessimistic but Reasonable Prediction.

They were assaulted and murdered with Covid, not assaulted and murdered by Covid.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Today we have a transformation + tentacles combo.

Is the Lacoon substitute supposed to be Trump or just a generic white guy? Also I'm laughing that he specifically called out Dan Andrews.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Why is there digital artifacting in the middle of the maze? Is this a magic eye puzzle where if I stare really hard it will say let's go brandon?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

World Famous W posted:

I'm glad that all the political cartoonist are now dead. We are finally free

Welcome to the Stephen Collins appreciation station thread.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Guess who got into nfts ~~

McNifty’s,
How will trump hold the snake in your picture?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

MrUnderbridge posted:

Well, poor old Russia does have some concerns, geographically speaking. Is it a coincidence that Finland borders to the west, and Korea to the east? They just want to not get caught in the crossfire of the next hyperwar.

In the grim future of 2032, Mega-Finland and United Korea conduct a proxy war in the irradiated area formerly known as Russia, this is the Garrison/Rall Zone.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

I believe the argument is "racism cannot exist in America because they elected a black president."

Five years ago when the cartoon was written would have been Trump’s Inauguration Day though.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

World Famous W posted:

Meat Loaf as well

Kelly Cartoon prediction:
He would do anything for love, but he won’t get vaxed.*

*Latest Fad

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Technowolf posted:

Baby 2022 will show up in March

The year plotlines will all take 16 months and he’ll skip every fourth year, we will refer to the missing characters as “leap years”.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

It's really weird, because the designs are becoming more conservative yet conservatives hate them. If the green M&M was suddenly more sexy, they'd decry it as liberal perversion. But everyone gets toned down a little to be less provocative and suddenly that's liberal, too?

It changed from the way it was in the past, so it’s bad. The conservative position is that nothing may ever change.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

He just kept saying that the holocaust was historical, a fact which I didn’t deny.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, my god. He can’t really be this stupid, can he?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Hitler called and wants to disagree.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised that Garrison has a red phone for Hitler.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Stantis, you fuckwit, a Libertarian is almost certainly running against at least two people. That's why it's called a third party.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Nomination: Worst Label?
I think?
Like the UN is represented by a grey delivery man, and there are two people inside a house, and the two people inside the house represent The Jews. You can tell because of the label.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Kellies nomination: worst label

I concede that this is a worse label than kirschen’s the Jews.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

The team was always the same regardless of incorrect past perceptions, AGC.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Blower, did it occur to you that maybe you're getting bad service because they're underfunded?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Steve Kelley

You know, I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen any C.W. McCall references throughout all of this.

Oh, populist reforms. Like?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

Rat Comics for January: Radicalized Rats

1/8

Terry, I know you’re too stupid to have a reasonable discussion about guns, so let’s go for the bare minimum here. Store your goddamn gun in a safe, jackass.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

It's going to be Dewey Dawner.

Carmen becoming more and more exasperated as Dewey wins the debate by responding to every question with "Do you know what politics is?"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Branco breaths a sigh of relief. That was close, he almost forgot to draw blood on the hands of the man standing opposite Vladimir Putin.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

This could be a collection at this point for Fishman. He loves the minorities = predators claim.

It's a Drinky Duck classic, but Fishman certainly isn't shying away. He's really taken to his new job*, hasn't he?

*Expressing terrible and disgusting opinions.

Nomination: Best Fool Appearance

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

It’s the xkcd densely packed hitler’s cartoon, except Rall shuts his eyes and tells you with absolute confidence about the many Hitlers.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Nomination: Laziest NonGorrell

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

Is she writing her poem across multiple pages of a top flip notepad?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Opening the gas valve all the way but refusing to light the lamp as the gas just slowly fills the room.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

MrUnderbridge posted:

So what are all those cartoonists who said Biden was paying for the war by still buying oil from Russia going to do now?

A. Ignore it.
B. Ignore it.
C. Ignore it.
D. All of the above.

You’re neglecting the possibility that they’ll just gaslight right through it.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

...Is this him trying to logic his way through Trump? It almost feels like I'm seeing the actual internal mechanisms of his brain as he tries to rationalize it. "Of course Trump had to be 'bombastic' and brazen... it's the only way people would vote for him! He was actually being very shrewd and practical!"

No, he’s trying to give everyone else cover.

Reality:
Trump said bad things, because he meant bad things and tried to do bad things.
Now everyone sees that Trump got to say bad things, and they want to say bad things too.
Because they mean those bad things and desperately want to do the bad things.

Stantis Land:
Trump said the bad things, because he meant bad things and tried to do bad things.
Now everyone sees that Trump got to say bad things, and they know they have to say the bad things.
Even though they don’t mean the bad things, and would never try to do them.
Trump ruined everything!

It’s an orange man bad, from the right. “Orange man, and only orange man, bad!”

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

the_steve posted:

Yeah, Stantis is solely concerned with hoping and praying that republicans go back to using dogwhistles. That's the long and short of it. He's fine with the racism and the misogyny and the LGBT-phobia, he just doesn't like when his side actually admits it.

Right, it’s important to remember that ‘Stantis Land’ is a lie he’s trying to sell us, not what he really believes.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kaza42 posted:

I think "Worst cartoon about Ukraine" is a good category to have for this year's Kellies

I’ve come very close to some ‘worst two things happened’ nominations for “I’m glad baseball is back, during this war in Ukraine” cartoons.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Dear Putin eyes snake,

You have the power to end this nightmare. You know what you must do.

Sincerely,

The SA Politoons thread

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I hope this means we've driven Fishman to drink.

Angepain posted:

It's a very clever take on the original quote you see, because what if someone said "let them eat cake", but, and here's the wild new twist, what if cake was an expensive item

McCoy upset that Garrison gets all the attention for not understanding metaphor.

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: Is Anthony Albanese a regular bloke who likes a joke or a wretched woke?

Please allow me to explain :thejoke: that DJ Albo is spinning Flock of Seagulls "I ran (so far away)"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kammat posted:

Hold up, how did Dan Crenshaw get on Ben's bad side?

The only thing I'm familiar with Dan Crenshaw doing recently is he publically positioned himself as "A real conservative, not like the people in Marjorie Taylor Greene's cadre." So, could be Ben's still on the Q train, or it could be a coincidence where Ben actually believes a very specific conspiracy theory about World Economic Forum.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Angepain posted:

completely unrelated to any recent developments in political cartoons, but i just wanted to tell everyone that I just saw the word "rort" in the wild and have only now realised that the "sports rorts" continually mentioned in australian cartoons for the past few years are not, in fact, a humorous contraction of "sports resorts"

Finally, we can have a serious conversation about sports rorts and tort reform.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Narrator: The ideas were bad.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

CEO Disney WOKE boat sitting motionless on the ground adjacent to whale Politics.

Nomination: Worst Label

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Ah, yes. The most reckless of actions, a gaffe.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I can't leave well enough alone, so despite this being a straight forward AGC, I'm going to analyze it.

This is a date. They're having a date. So the most likely case is the man is, single, and adult, has no kids, clearly didn't go to the movie with his date (who had no idea the movie existed) and thus went to a Disney movie alone, but also didn't like it. At which point, you can leave, just walk away, my dude, hit the bricks.

The correct way to start this topic during a date is "Have you seen the newest Disney movie?" (She hasn't. She didn't know it existed.) then you can segue into an appropriate avenue of conversation based on your date's response. Unless the purpose of your statement is not to start a conversation, but to instead virtue signal that you believe the "correct" thing abut the Disney movie. Which is to say that, he is virtue signalling that he is a bigot.

In conclusion,
Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

e: changed nomination

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Wow, spoilers.