Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Whoooo, here’s to another year of vicious propaganda that tries but fails to be funny or clever!

Can’t wait for Garrison to decide that calling for lynching wasn’t radical enough

Can’t wait for the next plausibly deniably racist caricature from the McCoys

Can’t wait for Ted Rall to have half a good point and completely gently caress it up with bad art and narcissism

Maybe we’ll get to February before all those things happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

JamesBont posted:

I'm curious what McCoy thinks "Let's Go Brandon" means...

I mean, it's not even that he's denying that it's what it means. The point is that it's a Democrat who put up the diagram and a Democrat who's being mocked for using "Let's Go Brandon" instead of "gently caress Joe Biden".

I'm willing to bet that McCoy is desperately trying to deflect from conservatives having created and spread this pathetic meme and blame it on Democrats who are disappointed in Biden (because Lord knows idiot Twitter leftists have grabbed it too) so that he can call Democrats childish and idiots.

Because he knows real men (i.e., Republicans) actually just say gently caress Joe Biden:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Vib Rib posted:

Quoted by a duck whose entire mantra is "hate your enemies as much as possible"

I mean, I cant see it as anything but "you MUST forgive all the poo poo I do! MLK demands it!!!!!" before spending the rest of the week railing against CRT

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Selachian posted:

Hey kids, what time is it? It's 1947 (and 1948), and it's Parrish and Orr time!

White knighting “poor downtrodden Germany” in 1947, that’s a loving take

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Raised By Birds posted:

Tom Stiglich

Plucky little Joe Rogan

Yeah, Stiglich absolutely strikes me as someone who believes that it’s tyranny that he can’t say the n-word without repercussions.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Alhazred posted:

There's also no mentioning of trans women. he just automatically assumes that reader is trans phobic enough to get the point. Taken on it's own it's just a really bad motivational speech.

Yeah, this is what struck me most about this cartoon. If you weren’t already in the headspace that trans women in sports is a constant, overwhelming threat that forever stops women from achieving, then this cartoon makes no sense.

You literally need to have you first reaction to hearing about women’s sports be “loving [slur against trans people]!!!!!” to not have to puzzle about it until you understand the point.

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 19, 2022

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I know everyone is laughing at Garrison making Sauron the good guy, but what I personally found most amusing was the long screed where he explained that even as he made multiple cartoons fawning over what a great person Barr was and how perfect he was as attorney general ACTUALLY Garrison knew he was terrible and a traitor from the get go and no one ever gets anything over Ben, no sir!

Edit: also, Rall can go eat poo poo, per the usual.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Discendo Vox posted:

Jesus christ those australian cartoons are just...the most appalling comparative I can think of.

I mean, war bad, but CRICKETERS FROM MY YOUTH CAN NEVER DIE AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

For anyone who doesn't recognize it: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/81487074477542479/

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

By popular demand posted:

:psyboom:
He never came back from that, did he?

Given that you need to sign an affidavit declaring that you will not share his responses with women before he will respond to attempts to communicate with him, no, he never came back from that.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Really, when you think about it, the fact that the United States participated in World War II rather than figuring out a way to win the war without firing a single gun or dropping a single bomb is the biggest war crime, making all Americans mega-Hitlers by proxy

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Varvel just continues to get more and more disconnected from reality. In what world are decorum elementals Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer demanding violent suppression of their enemies?

Kellies nomination: worst gaslighting

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Morrison got kicked out, so I'm very much looking forward to the next batch of aussie cartoons.

Leak, son of Leak will have the best tears.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

They said Obama would destroy the country in his first term and it didn't happen, so they said it would happen in his second term and it didn't happen

Are they just going to insist every democratic president is just Obama's nth term and THIS is the one that's going to finally destroy america?

Do you really think conservative propogandists are ever going to give up on "voting for Democrats means that the scary black man controls your life!!!!!!!"

It's the goose that keeps laying the golden egg. Though if a Democratic woman becomes president, that's going to be the goose that lays diamond ruby-encrusted platinum eggs and whoa momma they'll keep that going until 2250 - look at how Hillary Clinton is still the scary creepy puppetmaster even though she lost the election

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 24, 2022

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Discendo Vox posted:

Just because it's especially frustrating for me: A big part of why there's a relative shortage of infant formula in the US is because we have much more stringent safety standards and monitoring for infant formula. Fewer companies can meet US standards, and we're one of the relatively small set of countries that tracks this sort of infant death and can trace it back to a source.

And also lmfao at the thought that we inspect our munitions carefully, he said as above him an F-35 went through a storm cloud and came out the other side just a pilot in a frame

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

the_steve posted:

It took months of a literal fuckbarn to get DbD banned in here.

And even if Rall did try to go that route, his art is so poo poo that we'd never know what we were looking at.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Raised By Birds posted:

Al Goodwyn

Michael Ramirez

Marshall Ramsey

Tom Stiglich

Tony Branco

The sheer amount of "I feel sympathy for how bad you feel but there is nothing you can ever do about it ever ever ever" is just so absolutely galling.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah, it’s the standard “How dare you talk about gun control when people are still mourning the tragedy!!!!”

To be followed in a week with “Why talk about gun control, that tragedy is old news!!!!”

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Ruben Bolling remains the best, pulling no punches.

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 31, 2022

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Neito posted:

Because having answers means you can be wrong, rather than just being snarky and sitting off to the side taking potshots and writing dumbass comics for a living.

This feels like an evergreen post for this thread.

Hell, maybe this forum.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: May You Invade in Interesting Times

This is like the fifth comic with the “No, dudes, Trump was totally normal and worth voting for” subtext Rall has put out, huh

Edit:

rydiafan posted:

There's always one person who defends Rall, and I really, really hate to be that person, but isn't he right here? Isn't it horseshit hypocrisy to talk of protecting Taiwan while refusing to officially recognize it as an independent state?

The US decided not to officially recognize Taiwan years and years ago to not needlessly antagonize China over an issue they weren’t doing anything about.

To stay ‘consistent’, either the US pushes the issue of Taiwan’s independence into more of a crisis, or the US lets China know it’s cool to do a Ukraine-style invasion of Taiwan. Is either of those options worth “being consistent”?

Demanding that the US do something stupid or dangerous is the name of “consistency” isn’t actually good policy. You do not, in fact, actually have to hand it to Rall on this issue.

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 1, 2022

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

worst Back In My Day :argh: cartoon

Stiglich is goddamned pathetic. Has he always been this bad? It feels recent. Look at that "no clue" button, it's as bad as Branco's empty thought bubble but somehow the art makes it worse

It depends on what you mean by “this bad”. He has always been a complete chud, incredibly racist towards immigrants and black people and fascistic in his demands for the police to have whatever rights they need to keep poor black people crime down.

But in terms of actually putting together his thoughts, yeah, he - like Varvel - seems to have decided that are just “non-orange man bad” and “if Biden wasn’t just destroying this country why would I be making so many cartoons where I say he is” cartoons are acceptable quality and substance.

And maybe it’s because I’ve never been a watcher of The Office, but this one seems just more incomprehensible than most of his recent ones.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Amazing how easy it was to fix this one.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Get Rid of the Guns and Send Them to Ukraine

Just the most amazingly bad faith garbage. “If we don’t let Russia take over Ukraine, we’ll be encouraging Ukraine to develop problems with personal gun ownership like we have!!!! “

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: A Terrible Choice

Rall, teeing up the easiest conservative AGC ever

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

Just a quick reminder that prior to his political awakening, Ishisda spent about fifteen years drawing a comic strip whose main premise was that the central character was super horny and trying to get with any woman he could, but usually lusting after the lead female character.

He pushed very hard to get this strip published in newspapers where his horniness would be broadcast to a huge public every day, and when that didn’t work, continued to write horny strips for his internet audience.

That is the background of this character who sees other people being horny in public as a proof that he is in hell

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Holy poo poo that Kelly, that’s amazing

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Drawing the aftermath of an abortion clinic bombing, and then saying “god wouldn’t evil pro-choice people be terrible for doing this to us????????”

I am just stunned.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Hihohe posted:

time for filling in void fetus comics because gently caress these evil pieces of poo poo

Kellies nomination: Best Edit

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I… I just…

Did Garrison hear the January 6th testimony about Trump trying to grab the wheel of his limo and drive to the Capitol to join the protests and think “yes, that was a good thing he did”? Is it a subtle signal that for all of his “the January 6th testimony is all lies and anything bad that happened that day was antifa and FBI false flags and entrapment” he actually knows it was a coup attempt and wishes it worked?

Or is this just a stupid coincidence and I’m over thinking it?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

World Famous W posted:

can someone help me out, looking for what i think is a Tim Kreider comic that is "the founding fathers can suck it"

i may have dreamed this up, can't find it

I think you are mis-remembering this one:

Which I don't believe is Kreider, but I don't know who it is.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

That Stantis is seriously the stupidest loving one he’s put out. “God, those whiny women, how dare they be angry they weren’t included as people in the original framers intent!!!!!!”

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Somfin posted:

I'm kind of amazed that when Rall says exactly the same stuff that a bunch of posters here have been advocating about how we can fix the Roe situation, it's seen as deliberately demoralising. I know that it's because in Rall's case he's Rall and also a shithead, but it's still heartening to see a bunch of folks respond to those talking points with "gently caress off, there are other options and you know it."

He's not just saying "we will have to do a lot of work for a long time to catch up", and no one is disagreeing with that. He's also saying, "no one wants to do that work" and "no other path is possible", both of which are untrue and only thrown in there so that he has an excuse to not try, and so that all the nihilist leftists who like him can say "yeah, not caring remains the only cool way to respond to anything".

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Man, that guy in the lower window? His hair is perfect

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Stiglich also can’t draw Hispanic people without covering them with MS-13 tattoos, so yeah, he’s super racist and probably the only thing keeping him out of the KKK himself is the belief that it’s part of the Democratic Party.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:.

Leak, Son of Leak:

The Albanese administration has not completely destroyed all coal plants and mines in the four weeks that they have been in power, therefore they are terrible. A Stephanie MacMillan cartoon.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

You're absolutely right, Payne, big corporations shouldn't hide behind woke slogans but should actually practice what they... wait, what? You think that it's actually good that CEOs have big vroom vroom planes that they should burn all the fossil fuels for, and that they all have white CEOs, and you're angry they aren't loud and outspoken like you about how good those things are? Well, okay, then.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Based on how right-wing Twitter is responding to the FBI raid on Mar-A-Lago, we are in for weeks of the most unhinged takes from Lester, Stiglich, and Varvel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Ulta posted:

Why aren’t these old farts making more X Files references. Like Mulder is looking at Trump and is saying something like “I want to believe” or “this case is too far out for me” or “ “Look Scully little orange men”

X-Files conservatives are more conspiracy theory libertarians, believing that the government has too much power, that the FBI is inherently corrupt and should be destroyed, and that adult men should be able to choose to have sex with any alien of any age

Political cartoonist conservatives are much more Andy Griffiths conservatives, believing that everything would be all right if only all power were in the hands of wise Christian father figures and no black people existed