Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Namtab posted:

on their youtube channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

the only RLM thing i dipped my toes in to was their half in the bag reviews about whatever movies they found

i thought they were pretty funny although i think after about a dozen i ran out of ones that looked interesting to me

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That's not Reimu

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

wait did i post in this yet

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

i did phew

good luck to polsy making graphs

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ok but what about chat thread XXVIII

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

marumaru posted:

is there an anime that fullfills the following conditions
- some characters are attractive, others are average, and some are below average-looking
- both in-universe and to us, the spectators (as in, the designs of the characters themselves range from below average to above average in terms of attractiveness)
- that also applies to the female characters of the show, who aren't all sporting chest sizes requiring composite material bras and victorian-era waists
- the characters' varying levels of attractiveness isn't just played as a gag / uglier characters aren't constantly made fun of but instead they just exist like normal people

gurazeni but since it’s about men’s minor league baseball there’s only one girl that shows up regularly and she’s conventionally pretty so

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakuga ftw

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

that vid has one of the best plot twists i saw all year

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

seeing the word "whores" makes me remember the professor I had for a seminar on Faulkner who got a big kick out of saying it like "hoo-ers" and talking about the corncob in Sanctuary

what was it like having Danny Devito teach you

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Space Flower posted:

let's get the real classics for 13yo boys in here like zatch bell, pretty face, negima, sayonara zetsubou sensei, ichigo 100%, zettai karen children, the world god only knows, azumanga daioh,

nodding, but only for half of them and you have to guess which half

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

is that tv tuners

:whitewater:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

the school festival arc is too long

The school festival arc is too short

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

:patriot:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I binged through the end of the first season, expecting it to be a coherent ending and I could take my time with season two later, and then it ended on a cliffhanger and it's late and I owned myself incredibly hard

Yeah it’s a really mean cliffhanger

I love it so much

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Actually Jolyne is very cool

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

What some would call the Zhuge Liang of posting would never make jokes, only promises

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Kongming? Cool av? You might have seen them around

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

this

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

They should make more Houseki seasons!!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

i obsess every day of my life over sui feng from bleach but you don't see me posting about her and thinking about only her

i appreciate this restraint

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Saki ftw

I’m very glad the subbers were honest that they had no idea what was being said

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

kyousougiga made me cry

It’s a really sweet story

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Srice posted:

I watched some anime this morning and I'm feeling twisted enough that I might watch some more this evening.

:cheerdoge:

what'd you watch

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

If it helps I think gridman feels very complete and you could honestly watch dynazenon as its own thing without missing a whole lot.

I would rec both but they both stand on their own merits just fine imo

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

vaguely on the topic because it's a kind of mediocre show about a princess, but the show I got weirdly into back in the day that nobody else watched was Scrapped Princess. I wonder if it holds up as solidly decent or if the reason nobody else watched it was because it was trash the whole time. I barely remember anything about it, besides the big twists at the very end

I watched it 4 or 5 years ago now and gave it a 6 which is usually my bucket for “good but something annoyed me about it”. So not trash at least!

I only have some fond memories of some of the highlights that I remember but my guess would be finding it kind of meandering. Might be more in to it now but who knows if I’ll ever rewatch it

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Pretty sure I watched it off the strength of the op as well, one of my most important metrics for a show

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

the scrapped princess op is one of the more unique jam project songs

:psyduck:

i can hear it now that you say it but never would have guessed this

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I have read beyond the bit with the doll assassin(iirc?) fighting some other assassin in a mall like six times, and every single time I stop at some point a dozen or two chapters beyond that, utterly forgetting everything that happened past that fight

Right after that is a like 40 chapter long arc which probably explains some of the issue because there’s some good stuff there but it also takes a while

The arc after that is back to the cliques and early misaka so I’m hype

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Archer666 posted:

The teaser PV for Bastard dropped and it looks pretty good. Wasn't expecting too much cause a 30 year old property and a studio that made Berserk 2016, but it seems like they're putting in some effort to make this good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taiIGN0VNGc

Not sure it’s my cup of tea but the animation looks good, as you’d expect from the studio that made Hanebado

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

big #LifeGoals

Wow what a bastard

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Up next is Odd Taxi which I've been led to believe is a bit off from my usual tastes but forums poster Metis of the Hallways told me to watch it and she has absolutely unerring skill at naming shows I absolutely love

:cheerdoge: enjoy

I watched odd taxi weekly and am jealous you can binge it for your watch

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

I’m on a plane right now wearing a vtuber shirt while reading manga on my phone

what manga

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

well frankly i think this forum is out of people who can be mod

I liked the 2 months where we had some random admin as mod who went “ok don’t be weird” and nothing happened

Not sure they ever read the sub to keep us honest tbh

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Namtab posted:

It’s good

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

i don't think anything in the second half matches the clusterfuck of misunderstandings the first 5/6 eps build to but it's an overall enjoyable watch

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

a literal stair master imo

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

*slowly backs out of the room before anyone notices me*

if it helps you post constantly with your foot lodged in your mouth so i don't think you're in the running even in this hypothetical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

drat stair might have a point