Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

The Roger Stone deposition might be the greatest piece of performance art in history.

On all counts. Dan. Jordan. Roger Stone. Roger's lawyer. gently caress Larry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

goddamnedtwisto posted:

WHERE'S MY LAPTOPS?

Roger applauding as his lawyer laughs at Larry and tells him his lawsuit against Mueller was dismissed. Good lord.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

DarklyDreaming posted:

I do wonder why Jones hasn't woven any narratives around Dan and Jordan like he usually does when someone pays attention to him

The obvious answer is that he's uncomfortable with the idea of anyone paying attention to them, even if they're generally well-programmed. Dan and Jordan are approachable and funny and they don't code as threatening to white conservatives (at least until you hear them really get going on a particular topic). They have intrinsic credibility if an Alex Jones fan was to find their stuff, and that's bad for him.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I'm not sure how he'll weasel out of paying the families, but I know he will.
He'd need money.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

In CSpam, there is a thread going after Evans for…reasons….

It seems like the reasons jump all over from his picture to his use of the n word a decade ago to not supporting Palestinians to being a CIA/Assad shill to claiming he caused the unrest in Portland a few years ago.

I don't even like BtB and that's some high-octane stupid.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Tree Dude posted:

"we played a clip of the defendant calling the judge a pedophile and that's not even the moment people are talking about"

"one of our lawyers said 'rear end' in a statement and wasn't even lectured"

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

rotinaj posted:

I had a trix/fruity pebbles craving during the pandemic and it was not slaked by either one. Maybe i should try froot loops.

Big Kellogg has neither maintained nor gained. The power move for looped froots here, I poo poo you not, is Malt-O-Meal Tootie Fruities. They remain the exact same sugary trash they were when I was a kid.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

There are not many people who I think deserve to just end up literally tarred and literally feathered. Mark Enoch might be on that list.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

That's really mean to cobras. They don't deserve that.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

rotinaj posted:

Even the most soulless human is still perfectly valid food for a hungry animal

Snake bites Mark Enoch, the loving snake might die.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

tsob posted:

It also seems like the kind of thing Dan would be relucant to discuss on the show anyway because they intrude onto Alex's private life rather than his public persona. Sure, it's conceivable that he might discuss stuff that Alex himself brings up in the show but even that seems like the kind of thing Dan would have to think about before he reached any kind of decision on it.

Dan does talk about it on this one. He was involved with the project, he no longer is, and he sounds pretty pissed about the way the SPLC handled it (and with good reason).

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Grand Fromage posted:

Dan is the only person on Earth who actually cares about Alex at all.

drat.

Probably right though.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Xiahou Dun posted:

Continuing this being the ersatz OA thread :

Just got a new episode with a whopping 17 second runtime. Thomas is saying that Andrew has locked him out of everything except for that and is in full-on attack mode.

So, you know, that sure is a thing.

Jesus christ. So I guess "pause patreons", huh?

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

It sounds like Stringer said some wild poo poo that has the OA Facebook group proper pissed off? Though she works for Torrez at his law firm, so who even knows what pressures she's getting.

Gonna just slide that Patreon over to Thomas's other shows for now, even though I 10/10 do not care about atheist navel-gazing or dadful activities.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Dan and Jordan both have been on OA, I think. Morgan Stringer, who works/worked for the OA guy who seems to be a creep, guested on KF.

Everett False posted:

I don't think she handled it well, but it's a lovely situation.
Yeah, this makes sense. Garbage situation all around.

tracecomplete fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 7, 2023

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Morroque posted:

I feel rather strange on this issue. I went to a rather extreme religious school, and I don't recall John 3:16 being bandied about any more or less than other snips of scripture. Or at least it wasn't referred to as "3:16" in this way. I think it was more common to read the words aloud rather than stating the chapter-and-verse and just expecting people to already know.

Catholic school? I ask because, in my experience, Catholics tend to namedrop less and quote more.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Morroque posted:

It's been a while since I've had to do any undergraduate-level gender studies, but one of the few books I was ever able to find that talked about masculinity from a feminist perspective had this thesis about a... I don't actually know if they gave an exact term for it, but it was like an "expressionism collapse."

This reads to me as applicable to most of modern society, not just the concept of masculinity (singular or plural). I've noticed a pretty strong common trend for folks who have their poo poo together, and it's an internal drive and frame of reference. If you aren't defining "you" based on intrinsics you can take hold of, it sure as hell seems that you will be defined for you, and the poo poo-slurry of capitalism.txt-driven inputs will drive you out of your loving tree. I don't watch TV, rarely watch movies, play some but not a ton of games, read about a book a month, etc. and when I talk to other people in my cohort, I just don't understand what they...do. Even well-off people just slurp down the short-attention-span stuff with a straw. But like, I don't know how I could ingest all that Media(tm) even if it didn't make my brain scream in rebellion--I've got woodworking and 3D printing and an ever-growing home-renovation to-do list to get through.

The outputs obviously have significant differences of outcome, but I don't think there's much daylight between the headspaces your average look-at-me social media influencer, the liberal guy who posts strident How Dare You Sir replies to Ron DeSantis's idiot twitter, and the chud manlets you refer to. It's all filling the void, or trying to.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Mr Scumbag posted:

I wish they'd tone down the start of the shows. They've been getting longer and longer to the point where it takes them 15-20 minutes to actually start the show. Makes me wonder why they bother with the episodes that are an hour or less when a third of the episode is just preamble/listening to the names of patrons being read out.

I often like their starter banter, but I wish they put chapters in the podcast so I could skip it when I'm not feeling it, and always skip the patron stuff.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

bio347 posted:

I just recently got through the live episodes, and I found myself surprisingly annoyed at one very small thing in the intro: Alex says something about how the queen is the "deus ex", like the hero that comes in at the last moment to save everyone. Pronounced "deuce ex", with no "machina" in sight.

Because, like, of course he doesn't know the whole phrase. And of course he doesn't know how to pronounce it. That should be obvious. So why does that bother me!?

This makes me worried that Alex thinks JC Denton is real.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Tree Dude posted:

Dan: Here's 21 lies from just that clip

"Only 21? I see this is a rest-and-recovery week for young Dan."

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Marsupial Ape posted:

Ok, hear me out: how long before AJ is so desperate for money that he finally catches up to 2018 and tries to run an actual play RPG live stream? Could you imagine Alex Jones as a Dungeon Master?

Paranoia? I'd watch.

Wouldn't pay, but I'd watch.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Megabound posted:

If I’m listening to KF in the car I always turn it down going into a parking lot so people don’t think I’m listening to infowars unironically

Me, but the drive thru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Tree Dude posted:

If Alex wants to gently caress off to the most remote part of Texas that seems like a good start to me. Can't imagine he could run the show reliably off a Starlink connection.

Yeah he could. US coverage via Starlink is pretty good and consistent enough to be a high-bandwidth streaming uplink.

We can dream, though.