Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

There is a small discord server we made for the beta that I’m going to close/make read only for launch. Most of the info is about beta and may be wrong at launch so it doesn’t seem worth keeping, but if someone wants it for some reason for a guild or something let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

If you do mo money it has to be no sense for the flow

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

scrapper gets dragon of the darkness flame and this was hype when i was a kid, so scrapper it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cYTTC4YorM

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Can someone tell me in globally understandable terms who the gently caress that is

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

a lot of people are going to see soulfist and be baited into thinking you are goku but like 90% of your power is behind your ult and always feels anemic if you dont have and it feels terrible if you miss it.

In true dragonball fashion you can’t win the battle before the ultimate final attack, but you can still lose it and also just whiff your final attack

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Ya that’s objectively funny and not ‘panty collecting’ unless you’re a guy that thinks about panty collecting commonly. Same for everyone talking about bimbos.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

You don’t have to like what the women look like, but my point was maybe reflect on how you got from “these clothes are skimpy and I want armor” to ‘bimbos’

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Tangents posted:

I had read that abilities with blue warning zones are the ones that are counterable, but I don't have counter abilities myself (I think) to test it.

Blue ground warning zones means the attack will result in some loss of control effect (stun, fear, whatever) instead of just damage (red).

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

outputted in chat, not input

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

aperfectcirclefan posted:

What is this from anyways? It's beyond annoying to see it in chat

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0112431/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Scrapper can either get more or less mobility than average by going Taijutsu and Shock respectively. If you go Taijutsu (yellow skills) you have tons of movement available.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Which almost feels funny to me because he then just leaves the story along with the one evil demon who seemed to shlorp up the other evil demons after we weakened them.

Like, I assume both will return at some point, but the story progression is kind of funny with how all over the place it is.

I was pleasantly surprised you get a quest after Rohendal that has you following the memories of Armen and Kharmime as they did a lil world tour trying to break Armen’s soul.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

At least for Vertus you just need to get in and out and touch his back legs. They're behind his centerline so count as back attacks, but don't put you behind him enough that you get into trouble. You really don't have a lot of time though, and anytime they pick up their legs they tend to do a spin or smash attack so just run out whenever you see that kind of animation starting.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

I tried hard to learn the tells for Chromium and in the end settled on 'assume anything that looks even remotely like a stomp is actually the double stomp.'

stupid turtle

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Hyper Inferno posted:

I believe stagger is completely independent of the damage you do. All that matters is pressing the right skills.

A lot of players are just following guides blindly without realizing that a lot of them are generic all-rounder guides. The reason you have so many potential skill sets is to be able to conveniently swap between hotbar setups so that you can swap in additional stagger abilities if the fight calls for it.

Or play scrapper

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

There’s an abyss boss later that goes into wipe everyone mode if he gets staggered too much ha ha

I thought of saying this as a joke but didn't realize it was a real mechanic.

That may be a problem, but we'll see!

admanb posted:

Or Berserker.

Berserker may be what I do next now

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Lmao all the channels for the sub-50 overworld areas are absolutely swarming with sorc and zerg bots sliding around out of bounds appearing just long enough to aoe a group mobs. You'd think the devs would learn not to rely on client side in mmos after all this time, but what can you ask of such an inexperienced team straight out of digital arts college.

Wonder if the publisher will finally throw a chunk of resources towards tackling this rampant botting problem, now that duping is 'fixed' for the time being, with whatever skeleton team that's left keeping this project on lifeline or simply bandaid it by nerfing some classes so they can't be so mindlessly automated.

sorry your uncle got fired from smilegate or whatever

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Ok, I'm still working through the quest Escape to Freedom and I am just straight dead in laughter. Oh god these devs are amazing and so self aware. For those that haven't experienced yet, you know that funky secret map with the animal intestine look? It is the start of the chain that leads to this. Sooo worth it.

Not an emptyquote

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Zotix posted:

Also, people need to chill. More materials are coming tomorrow for t3, and honing changes will be here next month. Gamers wanna speed run everything and have everything in 30 days lmao.

Back in my day we had to macro overnight for months on end to GM our magic resist. These days if you aren't max leveled and geared in 2 weeks, game sucks. Gamers are insufferable.

It’s wild that people are talking about being ‘behind in T3.’ You can’t be both of those. People really want to beat an mmo within a month or two of launch.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

if you get mad easily at statistics not going your way on a timescale this short this may not be the game for you

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

if you just want to exchange anecdotes i got from 1335 to 1341 by spending every piece given to me by the event and buying out the entire grand prix store

general mmo advice applies - don't listen to liars on the internet, and don't act like your luck is that different - you're not that special

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

To be fair, that's based on the leaked roadmap that they are explicitly reworking based on "feedback" (read, unending bitching on reddit and official forums). And one of the big points everyone is complaining about is too little new classes spread over too long period of time. So it's entirely possible there will be more classes released, or that they will be released in different order.

There’s at least one more place where they could have found endless bitching.

You also can’t release part of a roadmap before it’s done because things on the roadmap impact one another

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Jelly posted:

Maybe an empassioned exaggeration outside of Luterra, but this is not: I've seen more bots running around in the month I've played this game, than in the all of the years of playing every other MMO I've ever played, combined. Maybe they're just more visible, but it's really jarring.

This is crazy and 100% a you problem. I go to Luterra almost daily and have rarely seen bots lately. There were def some harvesting stuff a week or two ago but saying it’s more than every other mmo you’ve played combined makes it sound like you’ve played zero other mmos

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Hefty posted:

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/why-is-the-roadmaps-character-release-schedule-seeming-like-it-will-be-1-per-month/310154/26

assuming this is what they mean, it’s coming soon™️

no idea why they limited it to begin with but whatever

Probably because people were losing their minds about name reservation

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Jelly posted:

I love how useless the run/boost feature is for your mounts.

Like, in theory, it should be somewhat useful (like your space bar boat command), but in practice it gets hung up on bullshit 90% of the time I use it.

Just running absolutely never gets hung up on anything. Like, ever. Absolutely never. The pathing function works well for normal running, and for some reason does not when using a boost function with your mount.

It's so transparently comical, like you'll be normal running, and then the second you hit Q, or whatever, you'll immediately snag something that you 100% would not have snagged if you were to just continue regularly running.

I have to assume this is on purpose for slog design because I roll my eyes at it at least a dozen times per hour and wonder why I continue to bother with it as I'm about 90% sure I would get around faster by ignoring it altogether.

So it’s the games fault you can’t go ten feet without running into a wall?

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Kaysette posted:

Yes, it sucks. Especially when the wall is invisible. Have you really not noticed this with mobility skills and sprinting on mounts?

I haven’t. I’ve got lots of movement on scrapper and gunslinger abilities (and obviously mounts) and can’t remember this happening to me much less think it’s a constant issue

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Do people look at the map? I’m honestly baffled.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Velveteen posted:

an obvious easy straight path next to wall to dash/blink makes me dash/blink in place and waste my cooldown

this is what i expected most people to say they were doing

walls stop momentum no matter what the angle of the contact is. Ninety degrees stops you, but so does a one degree hit. The alternative is redirecting player momentum which is how you end up with stuff like all of the fun things Doomfist can do on geometry in Overwatch (only it would be wildly less controllable and useful in this game)

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

They won’t adjust Scrapper. The lead dev mentioned in an interview that the scrapper is their baseline that they tune other classes to be in line with. It’s the Tracer of Lost Ark.

I really enjoy mine, but mostly because the rotation is a bit simple and I can focus on everything else happening around me. I have a gunslinger and shadow hunter alt for going John loving madden. I’m running Taijutsu at 1365 right now. I definitely don’t get MVP a lot but running something with and without a scrapper will show you how much your stagger and weak point attacks do to help the group.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

This is why they don’t post roadmaps fyi. These posts.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

They most certainly exist on scrapper

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Khorne posted:

There was a mining bug where at 29 you can farm the 30 ore. Not sure if they patched it. Seems like something they'd ignore.

is this for sure not because the ux for the trade skill charms is bad?

if it says 29 on the main list you probably have the charm that gives you +1 level in everything, but that doesn't show there. you need to open the page for a skill and look at the level on the top right of the xp bar

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Zotix posted:

Very disappointing that they haven't announced the next class before destroyer tomorrow. Makes the decision on using the feiton power pass/express pass complicated.

Illustrating why they aren’t releasing the information…

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Hefty posted:

because they want you to buy a power pass in the shop instead? oh wait, you can’t.

because they don't want you to skip on the current thing to wait on the next thing

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Anno posted:

I guess I was under the impression that Japan and Russia waited a long time to get the new classes, or maybe don’t even have them all yet, so one every two months doesn’t sound awful to me. But the classes I wanted to play most are already in, thankfully.

same. they can't win with some people though

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

King of Bleh posted:

Yeah this seems like very strong evidence in the column of "they COULD do something about bots, but choose not to until it becomes so bad that the community revolts over it".

i'll bite

how exactly?

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

I said come in! posted:

AGS is responsible for the western servers and how they behave/function, translations, and balance of the western version along with the direction of SmileGate. So this falls under what they get the blame for. SmileGate lends a hand to the security of the game too, but this is largely on AGS to fix.

The idea they can fix bots entirely server-side, without client/engine support to provide the data required to make those decisions, is wrong.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

King of Bleh posted:

Pathing is a solved problem for bots already, it's only human players who are in any way impeded by having to click on the ground.

If you can’t even be bothered to click to move without it being ‘an impediment’ you should log off

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

SG is 100% on their update event and AGS isn't going to get anything until after this weekend

https://m-lostark.game.onstove.com/Promotion/Invite/220615

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

literally the first definition of 'blocked' is 'impeding progress' this isn't advanced english