Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Gonna shoot the mans in PvP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Hobnob posted:

It's more like a 72 GB patch. And my PSN speed has always been crap, and much slower than my actual internet speed, but something about the way they split up this download has really hosed it:

See you... Saturday, sometime? I guess?

This may be a good time to drag the ps4 to another room and directly plug it into ethernet.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
:allears: I can now remain invisible with both a smoke bomb and a dodge.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I run dodge for invis and the smoke bomb for invis as a hunter with graviton forfeit and max strength and I can basically be invisible the entire time as a hunter. It’s made legendary bearable.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Finished the campaign on legrndary! Bungo made a mistake putting solar shields on the wizards. Heir Apparent made everything a cake walk.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I'm not sure how they possible made matchmaking worse, but they managed to pull it off this season!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I have hard freezes on my series X one every other crucible match or so. :suicide:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
If they could fix the hard freezes on Xbox in PvP that would be loving FANTASTIC.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Jesus loving Christ it’s happened 3 times this morning. What the gently caress.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hmmm maybe a hard reset/power cycle?? I haven't run in to this personally so hopefully it's just something a reset can resolve

It’s a known issue since the launch of Witch Queen. :smith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I got the exotic pulse on my first run and a PvP god roll of the legendary pulse. :smug:

20+ runs of VOG and no vex though. :suicide:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

A godroll MultiChad has it beat by an extra 5m of course, but if you don't have a Model 8, Accurized, Iron Reach & Range MW MultiMach

:smug:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Easily the worst PvP season in a long time. Piss poor matchmaking and more lag than I have ever experienced. I have full bar and a 500/500 connection hard wired into the Xbox. “Connection” based March making my loving rear end.

Edit: The lack of dedicated servers to facilitate PvP is also complete and utter poo poo. This game is unfortunately the only one of its kind in the genre. If there was a different game with the same kind of gun/loadout play with even half of the population I would switch in a heartbeat. This poo poo is inexcusable and I am sick and tired of this.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

harrygomm posted:

i decided to record a clip every time some fuckery happened where i was shot while behind s corner, people jumped around screen, shots didnt register, etc. for my 25 games in trials i recorded 56 clips (really more than 56, some were just interested i misunderstood what had happened) across those games. thats halo: i levels of bad

It's infuriating. Last season I enjoyed PvP, this season I am about to quit for the season.

- No new PvP guns this season (lol @ the Trials scout)
- Two maps nobody likes.
- The matchmaking is somehow even WORSE than last season.
- The lag is so bad that I have lost multiple games just because some guy is lagging so hard that every bolt from a fusion does no damage, and then he suddenly rubberbands/warps behind me and shoots me in the face.
- The lag is so bad that mele whiffs happen MORE than last season somehow. :psyduck:

PvP in this game is a fat loving joke and Bungie should be ashamed of themselves for the mediocre terrible experience of the state of PvP in this game. It's clear they don't give a poo poo, it's clear they don't test weapons in PvP before releasing them, and the whole "Yeah, we know this poo poo is busted, we will fix it in three months lol" is downright sad.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

network's been perfectly fine for me, no lag or matchmaking issues at all

If you are on steam, you aren't experiencing crossplay very often and the lag will be minimal.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
"Fixed an issue where players on Xbox are crashing at higher rates than usual."

Oh really? It only took a full month! Good job!

Edit:
lmao at them nerfing firmly planted instead of removing successful warmup on rapid-fire frames. I will continue to use my likely suspect forever.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 29, 2022

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/2QOZ5VP.mp4

:suicide:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Scroll wheel jumping warlock with Tranversive steps, Icarus Dash, eagers edge, and a well has entered the game.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The Stompees nerf is garbage. There’s no other hunter exotic that gives you increased movement and a longer slide. Dragon shadow technically does but you are giving up your dodge. :smith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

If Stompees buffed air accuracy, there would be nearly no other exotic that could offer anything close to it. It's usage rates are already astronomical and there isn't much of a way to nerf it without killing the exotic itself. Be happy Stompees got nerfed, without actually nerfing stompees.

Besides there are legitimate options now. Foetracer is going to be a legitimately interesting PVP exotic.

-50 is crazy though. Bungie couldn’t find a way to nerf Stompees so they made a whole new stat, added it to every gun in the game, and slammed the door on its face as it tried to walk in lmao.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
No mention of new maps for PvP. They are really "putting their foot on the gas" for new PvP content! :v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Oh good, thanks Bungie for releasing a half-baked garbage Iron Banner with a Spark that randomly falls through the map. Wonderful job as always.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
There are only three maps for Iron Banner. One of them is convergence lmao. What an utter shitshow.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I played in a stack and we steamrolled most games that didn’t bug out. The most fun we had was spawn camping for a good 5 minutes until we got bored. The game mode isn’t fun.

The respawn is too long.
Rounds shouldn’t exist.
The spark can fall through the map on Bannerfall.

It’s half baked with no community input on development and it shows.

Edit:
Kill entire team, push mid, dunk. Because the respawn timer is so long it ends up being 20+ seconds for them to play once you dunk. 10 seconds for the respawn, then 10+ seconds for the new round.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 1, 2022

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PERMACAV 50 posted:

…or you can just use DIM, which everyone itt already does.

^^ what she said. Just use DIM

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Honestly though why be so salty? It sounds like you play in a premade which means it doesn't affect you. And saying 'be the one doing the stomping' doesn't fix that the game mode is horribly unbalanced and almost every game is a stomp.

If you don't play in a team, the mode is absolutely dogshit, and me going for the objective, or jumping off a cliff, or shooting opponents, or emoting at a wall makes absolutely no difference to the objective. The first few games I honestly tried, and then by the third game I started jumping off the cliff because nothing I did mattered - even jumping off a cliff as it happens. So I started working on bounties instead because why the hell not?

Dip into the freeplay list for a match or two, it's absolutely awful. The game fundamentally doesn't work without a premade voice team, so me loving around has literally zero affect.

And saying "Just don't play it" when it's replaced normal Iron Banner, this early in the season when every pinnacle matters, and it's right there bugging me with a milestone and quest until I do it, all the devs are saying to play it, they've been advertising it for months, and there's an in game popup telling me to play it, i'm going to grind it out because the pinnacles help with the other game modes that I do like.

Why are people upset that I am purposefully helping the enemy teams chances of winning in PvP???????????????????????

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Aqua Dracula posted:

Rift was clearly designed by groups of people sitting around together playing as teams. In that environment I'm sure it's a blast, but solo it is definitely a slog. Even just shortening the match time and reducing the score cap to 3 would go a long way.

I get the intention of the long respawn timers but it feels awful in practice. Once people learn to start rezzing each other it will be better but they need to be adjusted. Maybe have different timers for freelance vs team would help, or timers dependent on if other teammates are near you. Especially on the new map getting sniped when you're way out in the swamp and sitting for 10 seconds with no other players in sight is terrible.

On a remotely competent team it's also really boring.

1) Clear the enemy team off the spark
2) Grab spark
3) Clear enemy team once again
4) Go dunk

Rinse and repeat. The long respawn timers are infuriating because it leaves the enemy teams rift completely vulnerable, and with locked spawn locations, you can sit at the enemy rift and team shot the enemy team as they spawn in one at a time.

It's not unfixable, but in its current state, it's very very bad.

Reduce the respawn timer to 5 seconds.
Get rid of rounds.
unlock the spawn locations.
Institute a mercy rule of some sort.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Really though, Iron banner should have been supremacy.
In fact, supremacy should always be available all the time.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Wisdom

And if IB needs to have a "Hunt" mechanic they can just have 30 seconds of wolf howl triggered by a team collecting 6 motes unanswered or something

:hmmyes:

I miss ganking teammates crests from the enemy. :smith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I just did my whole IB quest and pinnacle in like an hour of play, went 5-2 in freelance queue, it’s fine, everyone needs to calm the hell down lol

Some people enjoy playing PVP for more than an hour and would like a game mode that is fun to play instead of a 1 hour chore.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

So go play Crucible or Comp???

Lol at suggesting comp. I do play control and trials. The response to “the game mode that used to be fun isn't fun” shouldn't be “lol go play a different mode then.”

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Eej posted:

They can fix the pacing between rounds by putting up a scoreboard. That's exactly how Trials and Survival does it.

Or the can remove rounds altogether.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Still better than ability kills on a hunter.

Throw a knife into their face. It’s simple! :buddy:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

kind of bizarre a lot of people including myself cannot receive the quest to unlock the Void subclass for Hunters lol. such strange fuckin bugs this season

I am convinced there are 10,000,000 lines of spaghetti code and 0 unit or integration tests. The game can’t even give the hunter knife back on precision kills on a consistent basis, and the Polaris Lance catalyst is broken lmao.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Removing spoils farming was a bad decision. Not a lot of people did it, it took quite a while, and the amount of spoils you need for any one item takes weeks to acquire. It’s a bad concept and goes back to the problem that the developers are convinced that more time played == more people engaged and happy.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
TBH, The VAST majority of players using Witherhoard in PvP don't use it properly.

Bad: Shoot Witherhoard at someone in the open.
Good: Use it for point, zone, or enemy team movement control.
The best: Use it for the above, and coordinate with your team to create a funnel of which there is no way for the enemy team to escape.

A good Witherhoard player is very VERY annoying. However, that can be said for any player that is good with any other gun.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

Vow, DSC and Last Wish both have a secret chest that's relatively easy to get to solo.

There's an OOB exploit you can use to get to the first secret chest in VoG as well, but it's kind of tricky to pull off.

Vow gives 5 spoils and the others give 3, so apart from Garden week, you can solo farm 24 spoils per week.

But you should just join the Serious Overchill discord and sign up for a raid. There's usually at least one per day.

240 / (24 * 3) == 3.33 (Round up to 4)

4 weeks at max spoils for a single item in the monument is bad game design.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Having to get stasis super kills in Gambit when most games don’t even last long enough to build one up is egregious bullshit that makes me pull my teeth out, yes.

There’s also a “get stasis kills in PvP” step that felt basically impossible as a warlock until they started releasing actual good stasis weapons.

Stasis warlock can freeze people with their mele?
Also, you can use the stasis sidearm to freeze people.
And the rift
And the cold snap grenade.

:confused:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
screw the leviathan chests seasonal challenge. 1% per chest? Lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's any chest, not just the containment ones. If you bother with any of the triumphs for the seal you'll be hanging out in either the gardens or pool long enough to get a bunch of chests from the mini events or HVT that show up. It won't take you long at all.

I’m at 52% and have done the dailies since week one lol.