Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Look at how much it wore on obama and he wasnt already ancient. High stress, no sleep, and president responsibilities. Plus hes probably trying to keep everything straight of what he knows vs what we're allowed to know. In all fairness to him he shouldnt be there. Someone 30 years younger than him is still a bit older than a LOT of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ah yes, fgm. From the french for loving Got eM

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

With how much the stealth features on the F-22 have been celebrated, could Raptors be used over Ukraine while maintaining plausible deniability about US involvement?

Even without a shootdown of a raptor or lightning, a sudden increase of unexplained shootdowns with no Ukrainian fighters nearby or reports from the pilots about a SAM launch would probably point very heavily to the only nations that have a strong deployed stealthy air superiority fighter contingent, the US and our allies wouldnt it? Or the possibility of tankers being seen linking up with raptors nearby airspace where planes are going missing would you really want to chance it? You may not see the f22 but the tanker? I wouldnt mess with that unless we were ready to get balls deep regardless of wether we were detected or not

Stravag fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 25, 2022

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

We also had the eagle squadron guys that we sent to the uk which is another 244 pilots out of thousands of applicants

Stravag fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 25, 2022

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

Holy shiiiit. The ghost of Kyiv?!

https://twitter.com/Ukrainelive5/st...ingawful.com%2F

Edit: wait is this DCS footage? God it’s so hard to tell these days. Sorry if it is, might be real though.

What was the cough of smoke from the survivor at the very end?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

brains posted:

the world's 2nd largest air force's

When did the US navy get involved?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah il76s have been produced for decades for civilian and military operators, but the loss of 2 (or possibly 4) full crews is a completely different matter. They can probably scrap shiity plane to make the better planes run for decades, but i would guess that russia has a harder time keeping pilots in their military than the US does when you can walk out the door and grab a job with limited retraining and get paid way more than you can in the military. Ontop of that there are times when russia hasnt been ABLE to pay their military for months at a time. Thats not even getting into how many troopers went down with the planes or possibly more importantly with the logistics issues, the cargo that would have been dropped in alongside the troops.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

drat. If the asset acquisition people in the Intel community has anything they wanted to grab, they're gonna have s field day when this is over

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Marshal Prolapse posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/02/27/world/russia-ukraine-war/after-suspending-ukraine-deliveries-ups-and-fedex-halt-business-in-russia

Looks like the major center of Warhammer bootlegs besides China is no longer open.

For those that don’t know Dhaka Dhaka store and a bunch of the other Russian-based warhammer retailers just sell bootlegs 3-D printed. They’re actually not bad and I was thinking of getting one or two as a proxy, but I just didn’t have a feeling that shipping would be undisturbed, if you will, in the next month or so.

I think warhansa was too for battletech minis?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I. loving. Hate. Cryptobros so much.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The maus was just ahead of its time

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I thought he was referencing that helicopter assault of like 30 attack helicopters that got chopped up pretty bad?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I'm thankful i only get it from the wonderful lets read of the series on these very forums. The author died of covid HA!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I thought we weren't supposed to talk about cspam in this thread?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

BrotherJayne posted:

Wait, the antiwar thread is the fascist thread?

... 2022, seek help

It was a joke about cspam tankies supporting fascist talking points as long as the talking point blames the us

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Flappy Bert posted:

I get having a technical if your opposition is militia in t-shirts with rifles, but this seems like a good way to die against an enemy with real weaponry.

Older armored vehicles that russia uses to move their troops around can still be at risk from russian 50 cal. As we've seen anything that can run being used, I'm willing to venture a technical like this is still useful in ambushes when you're not engaging tanks

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Too top heavy

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

CainFortea posted:

I can not imagine a redneck with an MBT letting the gun be disabled under any circumstances.

Remember when that old German got in trouble a couple years back when he took his completely intact panzer to the store because there was too much snow for his car? Gonna be hard to find them all to deactivate them at this point

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Quackles posted:

Hang on a minute.

I just looked it up, at apparently something like 80+% of Ukrainians (at least, as of 2019) are Christian. Mostly Orthodox, unsurprisingly.

So what's the point of going there to evangelize?

Its the same as those fucks that go to college campuses yelling about fornicating and gay people. The cruelty and power trip are the point

Stravag fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 17, 2022

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

KitConstantine posted:

He's Ukrainian, in Kyiv right now, and embedded with the army there, so while I'd say take the usual fog of war + nationalism grains of salt I haven't seen a whole lot of outright bullshit from him.

He posted about how his proud brothers made him an honorary azov battalion artilleryman the other day so im not taking much at face value from him

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Sounds like you've never cared for guard geese. Then you would know true evil

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

Jesus, there were guard geese at a whiskey distillery warehouse in Scotland. That it wasn’t ever overrun by desperate Scotsmen is both impressive and terrifying :stonklol:

I had to smack one in the face with its 5 gallon food bucket after i had fed it to get it to stop charging me when i was a kid. Theyre loving assholes

Edit: these were some of the instructions given by their owner up the road. Also carry a opened umbrella to help herd/ fend them off

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's been some discussion of his video, yes. Maybe within the last 10 pages.

E: I haven't watched it but I know I've seen that beard in this thread. The amount of right wing poo poo popping up in my youtube feed unsolicited has me blocking so much poo poo right now that I'm just not watching youtube ukraine related videos.

Good news he's very left wing

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

He does the upside down american flag thing with his curious George hat patch to indicate the video is a satire bit, stuff like that, his shirts with have tattooed/lgbt elsa or anna from frozen frequently when he's making a video about not limiting yourself to other's views of you stuff like that. If he's making a video about doing what you can to help out any situation he wears a rule 303 shirt

Stravag fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 24, 2022

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Guys its not one of the lost vehicles. Russia knows EXACTLY what lake its in so it's still in the fight

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Goddammit :smithicide:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

"If you can run a wrench you can run an army" policy needs to be instituted. Every officer needs to work in a maintenance for a month as part of broadening lol

Edit: actually work torn knuckles, grease under their nails scrubbing an oil filter housing clean kind of work

Stravag fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 1, 2022

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Thank you for introing me to VNV. That is some good stuff.

Oh man vnv nation is amazing. Sentinel homeworld and epicentre were my into to them

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

There is almost nothing good about that film.

how DARE you

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

They were dissolving in sea water because they didn't properly anode them its an horrible idea. The Ukrainians need things with high reliability and low maintenence. The LCSes are the opposite of that.

Give them to the russians.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

On a more hopeful note, there was a wedding in Kyiv yesterday.

Good luck to the couple and i hope it turns out to be more than just an enjoy what we can while we can marriage

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

Please save me from having to track this stuff down. Are these Russian War Crimes or Ukrainian War Crimes? I'm sure I know the answer, I'd just like to KNOW know. You know?

Russians were doing in occupied zones. Some victims were too young to speak. Don't look into it for your mental health. Just a summary was more than i wanted to know

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Constituent atoms count right?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1514791586244165643?t=twHK5-Yy1R7T-Hitik4pNw&s=19

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

So Moskva proves that the russian military isn't the soviet one for sure. The russians COMPLETELY misunderstood what defense in depth meant.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Flikken posted:

Someone listens to lions led by donkeys

It's an amazing podcast when it doesn't have liam on

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

He just uses "YO philly bro BEST CITY BRO MAN I WOULD gently caress A TRAIN BRO HEHEHEHEHEHE GO BIRDS" in place of a personality so its just loving exhausting listening to him

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Flikken posted:

Well Nick is in Korea...

Shocks, Alice, donoteat, Rich, the hell of a way boys, there are way less lovely options than making liam the cohost for like 50 episodes. Liam is so awful it makes the Jewish Avengers a bad episode.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

christ, goonfleet are already the biggest dicks online, imagine them threatening fools with nukes

Reddit alliances exist. Also 4chan ones. Or atleast they did

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

1000 rounds for 6 makarovs and a shotgun? Theyd be shooting until christmas with all the stoppages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

I know nothing but I looked up what an artillery crew does and stumbled on this video and holy poo poo😳😳😳

https://youtu.be/CdO_0twP_CU

That huge guy handling the ramming rod single handed wtf even is that human.

Noooooo thankyou