Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

one of you will be given ________
the other will be given ________

Waifus
yiffus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

not caring here posted:

Is that a 1st cav patch in the top right?

It is. Don't ask me what the significance is. I can't read that

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

El Mero Mero posted:

Yeah I'd like to see a link to that too. I thought most of the tankie poo poo got driven out of there after not too long and it's lately been more of a "russians have the option to make the place into Syria on short notice but simply have chosen not to so far, and the war-hype trying to drive this anywhere but a negotiated settlement asap is sick (which includes rooting for Russian humiliation) because the end result of this fight could include the complete massacre of whole cities of people or even global thermonuclear war, and being all in agreement that Putin = bad guy who initiated the war does nothing to change that relationship. Also because of that look at all this dumb marketing poo poo that people and institutions are doing to get kudos which in no way materially impacts the Ukranians (Like the Simpsons pro-Ukrainian salute ad)" vibe

If Putin demands Alaska and threatens the use of nukes , is the answer to give him Alaska? How the hell can one be a tankie for loving Putin? That's not being a leftist fellow traveller, that's being a wannabe Czarist.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
So the twitter sphere is rumoring that Putin plans to reinstall Viktor Yukanovich, who was last seen in Ukraine fleeing charges of treason and mass murder.

If this is true, then this is a clear message that even if Ukraine capitulates immediately, the killings will continue in the form of political Terror.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
All we have to do to keep the nuclear genie in the bottle is give Putin his every demand without complaint

It's so easy.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hekk posted:

Yeah that’s exactly the argument that was being made. Stupendous analytical skills on display here.

Putin won't stop at Ukraine if he's not stopped. This needs to be understood. If his nuclear threat is successful in getting him what he wants he will advance his brinksmanship.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

putin mad russia never had their own Tienanmen

Russia has had MANY.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It seems like Russia really wants to speed run to the nuclear atrocities part of the war.

edit: Someone get Mr. McAdams to shut up already!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Dick Ripple posted:

A Russian refugee camp is still better than being in an active warzone. It makes sense to open corridors to those areas instead of trying to coordinate convoys across the entire country and hoping a few buses full of civilians don't get blown up.

Peace at any price, huh? Anyone who takes those corridors will be entirely at Putin's mercy. The unimportant will be hostages, the more important will be political prisoners. The undesirable and the politically dangerous will be dead.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

psydude posted:

I was disappointed when I learned it's like the only word among body parts that's the same in both languages.

Knuckle and foot are close enough to be the same word, and hand is hand. Actually, there are a lot of body part names that are obviously similar when spoken.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
How much oil actually finds its way from Russia to the US?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1501367664295706624

That's red meat for a tankie.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1502287487552606209

What everyone is failing to realize is that Russian armor doctrine is vastly superior and well adapted for this terrain. Here they demonstrate the ability to go hull down in an open field without having to prepare fighting positions before hand.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

The funniest thing would be the army mutinying with a leftist bent and starting the ussr v2 pissing off the cia and the tankies both

The tankies would be apoplectic if they marched under a black banner instead of a red one.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

oh good, they've been looking for people to screen those RPG-7s for the tanks

You mean like ablative infantry armor for the tanks?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

https://twitter.com/IuliiaMendel/status/1502315019706552322?t=o81M9aB_ZdxmdzaEReJY5Q&s=19

Really hope this doesn't come to pass but there it is.

Also Russia's MFA is now loudly saying Ukraine with the help of US Special forces is getting ready to carry out chemical weapons attacks against civilians in Ukraine to blame on Russia. And if you believe that, I believe you might also be interested in reading a certain gentleman from Brazil's substack.

Has this happened yet?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

OTOH, two weeks after being invaded by Russia for the second time in less than a decade, they still have an Air Force.

Third time.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

Wasn't he also literally moving to FL to be a mechanic at his dad's dealership

I've never known a mechanic who would be caught dead driving anything but a 20 year old midsize domestic sedan

Small pickup with one bumper half hanging off is also valid, but that's more the purview of independant contractors and plumbers.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I wonder if when Putin makes the oligarchs and crime bosses kiss the ring he uses Robert Kraft's stolen super bowl ring.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Wrong Theory posted:

In other ways maybe, like the ACU situation. Instead of "i'm gonna take the money for jet fuel and buy a yacht" it's more "i'm gonna make sure this company gets the contract because they are gonna hook me up with a sweet gig when I retire." Or they get some sort of hook up from the company with the contract.

Hey when we have to invade a warehouse full of that one specific couch, you won't be laughing any more.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

It is an explosion, it is in Kyiv, and that's a Ukrainian pensioner

E. The tractor is hiding

I gotta say that tone doesn't match the footage.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

davecrazy posted:

How good is the money to be that transparently a sell out to a foreign government.

The price of a US Senator can be as low as 10,000 USD. People who are inclined to sell their loyalties can be had for cheap. Sometimes as cheap as naked insincere flattery.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Selling out for compliments is technically not illegal right?

If an actual war happens, yes, otherwise probably not, but there may be exceptions?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

They've also been pretty "See that move? I taught him that."

https://twitter.com/1st_SF_Command/status/1496876232490860547

I know that says irregular force, but haven't the Ukrainians been operating fairly effectively as a conventional force?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Literally the very first thing Trump did as the Republican nominee was to remove support for Ukraine from the republican party platform.

Trump's denial of Javelin launchers to Ukraine armed forces was the centerpiece of the impeachment fight.

Don't forget that traitorous rapist was trying to make a case for exiting NATO.

Edit: if I seem a bit over the top, please understand that I have a deep seated need to spit venom at that worm.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I knew it was obvious, but I didn't realise it was that blatant.

His candidacy was terrifying.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Murgos posted:

Look at how a little statesmanship at the right time and some conciliatory actions have essentially brought all of Europe into a sense of mutual reliance and willingness to work together.

Now, think about how that could have gone horribly wrong into innuendo and backbiting about ‘what they did to our Ned’ back in the day if there had been someone shoving sticks into the spokes.

It’s not a happy thought.

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I spat when I saw the Soyuz

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I'm not watching it. I'm already on Ukraine's side, and I don't need my day to get any worse.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Cimber posted:

agreed. It sounds almost gratuitous.

I don't condemn it. It's necessary propaganda created to persuade those that can be moved by an emotional argument who might otherwise favor accomodations and appeasement, or who think that support should be limited.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Just to make my position clear, there is no acceptable scenario where 40 million free people are allowed to be subjugated by a tyrant.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

lightpole posted:

Probably means unnecessarily subjecting yourself to suffering and pain by watching it and isn't wrong according to the reactions from the thread.

It exists for a reason, and there are some people who need to see it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

You’re gonna have to use a different euphemism when talking about Russian generals

Four pizdec generals?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
https://twitter.com/ckoettl/status/1504182123531485187

damnit. drat them.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Arrath posted:

https://twitter.com/TobyWBlack/status/1504209878289682436?s=20&t=9NavRRDYvUVI_Cp-fq5c3Q

This could be big, if true.

"How to isolate yourself from the world and lose your stooge regimes in 30 days or less"?

I hope it's real. I hope they succeed.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Just one question, is it a coup or a revolution?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Depends if they succeed.

No, I mean is it top down or bottom up. I don't care how they politically justify it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Flikken posted:

Since it did not come from the Paris region of France it is a sparkling uprising.

I needed a good chuckle. Thanks for this.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

come now

VDV jokes land all the time

but it's more of a kersplat

or a glub glub

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I wouldn't exactly call it a good sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I was being sarcastic. I thought I put a v emoji. My bad.

Also I have no clue if this is true or anything, but maybe Jake Sullivan put the fear of God in the Chinese government.

https://twitter.com/euromaidanpr/status/1504278153849679876?s=21

I need more verification for news this good.